Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bowkett .45" regulated carbine

Bowkett .45" regulated carbine
April 04, 2011 06:51AM
These are pics of a .45" carbine with 16" barrel. I dont own it but field tested it in a slave stock before he made a fancy set of clothes and blued it. It was for an overseas customer. 200cc bottle and a buit in regulator.
budbotcarb 001.jpg
budbotcarb 003.jpg
Re: Bowkett .45" regulated carbine
April 05, 2011 12:19AM
Very interesting looking gun. Any more info on it?
April 05, 2011 04:02PM
It's a few years now since I field tested it in the white and fitted into a slave stock and my memory is not what it was. I am imore interested in how it shoots than technical spec. but this is a mixture of what I remember from shooting it and some information from Bowkett. The barrel is from a batch of match grade .45"ACP blanks Bowkett bought from a company that make very expensive target assault type rifles using pistol calibres for competion use. The barrel on the carbine is 15" long. It fills via one of JBs quickfill systems and uses a 200cc buddy bottle as a reservoir + a short reservoir containing the quickfill just under the muzzle. It has a match grade adjustable two stage trigger, lightweight hammer running in a Delrin lined tube. The hammer spring did not feel that powerful to me when I shot it and apparently the striker travel is just under 3/4". It fills to 232 bars maximum, limited by the buddy bottle feeding through one of JBs regulators into a low pressure second chamber. It gave me equal shots before dropping suddenly as it dipped below the regulator working pressure. The stock was a piece of musical instrument grade fiddleback maple. It was all designed developed and made by Bowkett except for the rifling in the barrel. Here is a piccy of it as I tested it. Below are a couple of targets using various ammo. The sights were adjusted between groups. It shot well. - Vic
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
.45buddy 001.jpg
.45buddy 002.jpg
vg006.jpg
vg007.jpg
vg008.jpg
April 05, 2011 04:13PM
That's an interesting gun. It sure shoots well. Your dog seems to be waiting for his turn...
April 05, 2011 04:32PM
He was getting a bit impatient there. I had to erase the thought bubble from Ben because it was not suitable for viewers of a gentle dispositionlaughing again
Anonymous User
April 07, 2011 05:20AM
That is an interesting design, Bowkett does think outside box on many of his designs. The one thing they all seem to have in common is accuracy, which is really what makes a gun interesting.
April 07, 2011 06:39AM
Thanks for the reply Mr Hooversmileys with beer. I hope your initials aren't J E and you have a penchant for female garmentswink. He tends to be associated with his Titan style designs which started life in the late 70's early 80's but I have field tested all manner of weird and wonderful straght line valve equipped air/co2 bigbore guns over the years. I have access to plenty of piccies. They are something else when it comes to performance. He told me that he doesn't get sidetracked by those so much nowadays because of the non-existent market on this side of the pond and the red tape of exporting stuff. One of the last bigbore actions he made was for Stalker Rifles. He made quite a few for Adrian Hartly who put them into his wooden stocks.
Anonymous User
August 07, 2011 06:07AM
Hey El Caro, no my initials are not J.E. hehehe, he came from a different litter with what I can only assume had sweeter, yet sneekier dispositions.
Thanks for showing that piece, I always like to see what JB was and is up to.
February 08, 2012 04:59AM
YEP, JB sure does now how to make an accurate gun. From the few that i've had the pleasure of seeing on forum post, the one thing they did have in common was extreme accuracy. WOW!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021