Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Personalizing my Corsair......AGAIN!!!

Personalizing my Corsair......AGAIN!!!
April 20, 2011 06:34AM
Really been enjoying this lil gun and i can't say that enough. She just seems RIGHT for me. The weight, the looks, the simplicity, the accuracy, the power, the handling and the list goes on and on and on.

Beside the stock and extended bolt handle, the other thing on the gun that i really wanted to change or dress up was the plastic barrel band. I wanted something a little more solid. So i opted to have my machinist duplicate a factory steel QB barrel band and, he also used my actual measurements of the existing barrel and air tube O.D.'s and crafted me one outta SUPER HIGH grade aircraft aluminum. I also had him make the band wider and thicker so he could add some grub screws. He did just that and said that he used some grub screws that grab but don't mar unless you crank em like your the hulk. He machines custom high performance engines for a living and airguns as a side business so i said hey, what ever you say, i trust. I also told him to just leave the barrel band that he was making unfinished and that i would simply paint it myself. The flat black matte on the gun is one of the features that i love about it. I like the flat black over bluing any day. All in all, the barrel band performed very well and it simply felt more solid than the stock one. This is just he initial testing as i have some more MINOR painting to do to it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stay Tuned!!

My Blog:
[www.tofazfou.blogspot.com]
Re: Personalizing my Corsair......AGAIN!!!
April 20, 2011 12:15PM
Good post Cedric.

So; the barrel is grooved for the thru bolt then. Can't tell, is that a liner in a housing? I know it's very accurate, so no hiden reason for asking.

Glad it's giving you such a good run. That's great.

Looks like a fine band. What are you using for paint?

Gary
April 20, 2011 05:20PM
GB...lol.....nothing personal taken gary...lol. Man, that SHOEBOX post has got you sensitive.........lol
You can ask me anything you want an i most likely won't take any of it personal.

1. Yes, the barrel is grooved through underneath. And those screw threads that are exposed in the band go right through the groove in the bottom of the barrel. Even though the gun is not really a QB, it still has all the features of a QB such as the barrel band. QB's are CO2 and are only available in .22 and .177 but, they are highly customizable. Also, the reason why DAN and Randy kept it so close to the QB action was because spare parts are readily available for it. Things like the barrel band and extended or factory bolt handles and trigger housing assemblies, O-rings...etc..etc..etc can be bought easily and cheaply.

2. I'm not sure anymore if its a barrel liner or not. I say that because in the beginning, those barrels were being bought from TRACK of the WOLF which sells barrel liners and they are pretty accurate. Then i heard that they were getting the barrels from a guy that used to work for track of the wolf but he had ventured out on his own. But, the majority of me say's, YES, its a liner.

3. I simply used KRYLON flat black CAMO paint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2011 12:32AM by Tofazfou.
April 20, 2011 07:11PM
So .... laughing .... you are saying that the screw goes right thru the edge of the bore, and that is the only rifling in the barrel? more innocent ... hehehehh.

Yes ... my therapist says the Shoeb.... Shooooo ..... Scchhuuuuubbb.... crazy .... that post, probably reminds me of some early experience ... where I was misunderstood as a young airgunsmith ... whistling

Gary
April 21, 2011 12:41AM
LOL...you two are sick.

Jerry, yes sir, that's just me man. Everything i've owned usually gets tricked out to some degree. I do the same to my cars, trucks or motorcycles. I like making things my own plus i like building things. Its fun to me and makes it unique in its own way. The QB is one of those guns that you can do that too. There are tons of options out there for it. Besides that, most every airgun usually has some type of issue also.

I'd love to get my hands on a GB gun and MOD IT...............laughing
April 21, 2011 02:58AM
Cedric,

Mine are all QB models, to which I've simply added my parts kits .... whistling Didn't you get your catalog? The Spring 85% off catalog is out now .... oh ... wait .... is this the 20th? Oh ... gosh .... that's a shame. It was good thru the 19th. Well, there's always next year .... More coffee

GAry
April 20, 2011 09:29PM
I have a near uncontrollable urge to ask why GB might have a problem with footwear presale containers... HA!

So Ced, what's with this urge to change up every gun you buy? You picky or something?
April 22, 2011 05:51AM
Hummmm, how did my reply to Jerry end up above his orginal post.....hummmm
April 22, 2011 03:33PM
This sort of thing has been happening. It's happend to me a few times lately. I'm pretty sure I know the drill, by now ,.. haha. Don't know what's up. I am still getting red numbers to note new posts though. That was a trouble flag before. We'll watch it.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021