Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New PROJECT gun

New PROJECT gun
January 31, 2009 03:47PM
A while back i ordered a Jack Haley .32 cal QB PCP.

I then ordered a nice stock for her which i have to FINISH myself:

Stock and Action together:

Morgan Adjustable Butt pad for the stock:

Bipod installed on stock b4 adding finish to stock:

1st coat of Sealer on stock:

I have since been tuning and modding the gun with much success. I have her pushing .310 roundballs at about 900 fps for roughly 80 FPE! She is my latest big bore project gun. I wanted something i could put together myself and somewhat piece together parts i wanted to use. She is not designed to be an all out power house but, more of a small game big bore if that makes any sense. Should be able to take Coyotes out to 50 yrds (if i can get that close...lol!). Should prove to be a fun gun for sure. Enjoy the pics that i have so far. More coming as i finish the gun.
Re: New PROJECT gun
January 31, 2009 04:01PM
Thanks for posting Ced. That looks like its going to turn into a real nice gun. I think it is pretty cool when someone takes the hobby beyond just shooting a store bought gun and trying a couple pellets. The best part is that you're going to have a unique gun. I expect it might motivate some folks to try and copy it though.

What have you done as far as tuning?
January 31, 2009 11:45PM
Let me see here.........

1. Opened up all port holes to .210" and cleaned them up . Stock was like .170".
2. Polished internals. All of them.
3. Added 90 grs of weight to the Hammer
4. Used Heavier/Stronger Main spring
5. Set trigger to 1 lb pull
6. Replaced barrel band with better unit
7. Reshaped Valve stem for a better flow
8, Worked on new stock
9. Polished bore with JB bore paste for accuracy
10. Added a longer bolt handle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2009 03:36AM by Tofazfou.
February 01, 2009 01:07AM
So, you hardly touched the gun laughing again

How did you come to decide on .210 for the porting? Is that as big as you could go or is there something that told you that .210 was the right size?
February 02, 2009 03:51AM
Welp Jerry,

On his guns he uses a pretty small port hole to begin with. The port holes are stepped and there is a gasket that goes into the port holes and seals the rushing air between the airtube and barrel. More of a transfer port. Well, i can't make the hole too much bigger cause then the transfer port will fall into the airtube and there is not that much material that can be removed. And i would have to have the port holes remachined if i go too much bigger. He kinda designs the guns to b more of a peashooter than a power house..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021