Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Big slug fun (added some more videos)

Big slug fun (added some more videos)
December 18, 2008 11:40PM
545gr of lead can be a lot of fun. Here's some videos of Woodsman .62 targets.

Busting up some concrete. Timmy was not expecting that level of damage!

That was a chunk of concrete left over from a project.

Bottle full of ice.

That spinner was made for us by Gary. The big slugs can get it going but little guns don't have much impact on it. If I hit it square in the center of one of the paddles with the Prairie 3 set at 80 FPE that paddle will make one complete rotation and maybe a bit more. If I hit it with a 30 FPE shot from my Monsoon the paddle just sort of moves out of the way. Sometimes if it doesn't stop where it presents a full paddle, we'll use the Monsoon to reposition it for the next Woodsman shot...

This pan needed to be retired. This was the first shot on the pan and if you watch close you'll see that the pan actually caught the slug as it bounced around.

After two shots the pan was hurt enough that the third shot went through. We still got lots of shots on it though. Here it takes an edge shot.

This was an early video with a rudimentary camera. We were doing a penetration test. You can see that 2 gallon jugs and a pair of 2 liter bottles full of water were not enough to protect the poor pan...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2008 09:20PM by Jerry.
Re: Big slug fun
December 19, 2008 12:19AM
Gosh, I didn't know that myself.

More info. please. How do you add a video like yours?

Gary
December 19, 2008 12:45AM
I uploaded those videos to photobucket.com. Once they are there you copy the provided link and paste it into the post. Use the link that has "embed" as part of it (there are 4 links provided for various purposes). Photobucket makes it pretty easy to open an account (free) and even has some editing tools.
December 19, 2008 03:49AM
Now THAT is pretty cool. I notice that you wisely clipped the first video just before Timmy got to finish his sentence. To be honest, I watched it first with the sound muted, so I chuckled when I switched the sound on and discovered that Timmy and I had exclaimed the exact same thing after watching that shot!

Scott
December 19, 2008 02:36PM
Scott, you said "Holy high impact airgun slug Batman!" too? winking smiley
December 19, 2008 10:33PM
The videos are great fun. Can't wait to try making some more.

Let's see ... I don't have a photobucket acct. Have to go do that.

Gary
December 19, 2008 10:49PM
Right now Gary. I KNOW you have some video to share! cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021