Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Besides the Dragon..

Besides the Dragon..
September 07, 2009 01:09AM
.we shot some other guns too this past Saturday. I brought the Prairie 3 and Woodsman as usual and Kelly was shooting the Appaloosa .32 and Nebula .25. Kelly was nailing everything she aimed at inside of 78 yards with the lighter guns and used the P3 to shoot the panels at 114 and 128 yards.

Here's Kelly showing off the Nebula at 30 yards:

Kelly connects.jpg
Nice shot! That was a .25 Hornady ball, the Nebula will stack them up at 30 yards provided someone as accurate as Kelly is pulling the trigger. I failed to get a picture of the back side of the block but the ball penetrated and kept on going. In the video you can see stuff flying off to the left behind the target.

The next video is of a double shot with me shooting the P3 and Kelly shooting the Nebula. I couldn't zoom it in too far as I'm shooting at the 128 yard panel and Kelly is shooting a steel groundhog at 30 yards. I had to render and post this one to Photobucket in full HD mode so you can see anything. I don't know if you'll be able to see the action or not... In any case, when I play it here in full screen mode, I can see the distant target get hit and a splat appear on the groundhog, two good shots.

I had the P3 running close to max power for this shoot. The heaviest slugs I was shooting were at about 230 FPE and the others ranged from about 175 to 200 FPE. I didn't take measurements on Saturday but I have notes from prior testing so I'm sure those numbers are pretty close. With the Barrett scope mounts, I had no problem sighting the heavy 175gr slugs in at 128 yards. I think the scope is actually dialed in BELOW neutral!

112yd group.jpg
This target was out about 112 yards. That might have been a good group!

128yd target.jpg
This one was at 128 yards. It had a nice 2" square of nice yellow duct tape in the center when I started shooting. smiling smiley

Ay one point we set a piece of 2x8 out at about 112 yards. It was just set on the ground and not restrained. I shot it with a 115gr boattail slug.
112yd entry.jpg
The entry was nice and clean.

112yd exit.jpg
Usually, these slugs just paper punch pine blocks. This time the wood just compressed and piled up while the slug deformed. We thought it was a neat picture...

Thor poses.jpg
Gary and his hammer... whistling
September 07, 2009 02:12AM
Great Day ... Kelly and I enjoyed it. take a bow

Thanks for all the edit work.

Loved the "THOR" pic at the end. hahaha. Looks like a "Tee Shirt" to me! smoking smiley

Gary
September 07, 2009 08:46AM
What's up with that last shot?!? I thought the only time Gary was allowed to use a hammer was when he's pounding hot steel in front of the forge!winking smiley
September 07, 2009 05:07PM
Oh no, it's OK for him to pound cold steel into the hot ground too! tongue sticking out smiley
September 07, 2009 05:26PM
I'll bet Gary's back is "thor" as well !

Can't one of you young-uns' pound stakes into the dirt ???
September 07, 2009 05:34PM
Well we often do the hammering but sometimes Thor just wants his hammer.

Nice shooting Kelly!
September 07, 2009 06:33PM
Thank you, Jerry.

I had a great time. I forget that target shooting is really fun. I really liked shooting the Nebula.

Jerry, Kelly. Gary Range 035.JPG

I can shoot it without any help from the guys, (except the fill). But, next time I wanna be inside the War Wagon!!! hehe!! To be fair, Jerry and Gary were already set up when I got there. It was a perfect day to shoot. I'll have to do it more often.

The guys did let me into the War Wagon to take a few shots with Jerry's Prairie III. That was fun.

Oh yeah--ask Jerry about the "ribs" we had for dinner. Can you say "messy"!!! hehe!! I'll bet he is still finding bbq sauce on his fingers!!!

Kelly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 06:39PM by barnespneumatic.
September 07, 2009 06:36PM
Yes it's true, I can't even look at a rib without getting covered in sauce! So no ribs for lunch on shooting days. Now Gary can eat ribs and look like he's having cookies and tea... amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 06:38PM by Jerry.
September 07, 2009 06:42PM
It's the "attention to detail". hahah. whistling Must keep the pinky finger elevated ... coffee

Eating ribs is a labor of love .... thumbs up

Gary
September 11, 2009 09:42PM
I see you snuck in a video of Kelly shooting the 114 yard target with the P3. Nice shooting Kelly, the sound of the hit is very clear.
January 12, 2010 02:05AM
Another fun post by you guys. Love the way you guys shoot out far too. Not just 30-50 yrds but you guys like to push it out like i do.....OUT THERE into powder burner range.

AIRGUNS RULE.
January 12, 2010 02:11AM
Heck Ced, there's pictures on here from a day when we didn't even set any targets out less than 100 yards! Gotta push it sometimes! shooter
January 12, 2010 04:31AM
Awe dude, i remember a couple years or so ago when i first got my .22 CONDOR, i would shoot water jugs at 100 yrds and i just know for sure, some folks thought i was a little weird or something. Especially when i just kept telling them, "these things (airguns) can reach out to 100+ yrds and still pass through an object with ease". Now i'm seeing more and more of it and i love it.

LOL.....50 yrds is starting to become kinda close huh????????
January 12, 2010 02:51PM
Hi Cedric,

Funny how things move along. I belonged to the Issac Walton League for many years. The airgun range at the club, was 50 yards in total. That was thought to be the end of the known world - even for big bore (which were barely breaking 100 fpe at that time). I used to have to haul all my stuff down to the "rifle range" and sit there with the guys "blowing off a few boxes" of cheap 7mm rounds (at the 25 yard backer ... whistling ). Even the rifle range was only 100 yards total. And, it was an old club.

I'm delighted to have found this place to shoot after 10 years of searching. aa_searchSmilie.jpg However; we'd love to shoot farther, but it would be too close to the top of the hill. Can't shoot someone off a horse who strays on the other side of the hill ya know. We're not John Wayne! take a bow

smileys with beer Thanks for the comments.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021