Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Big Bore airgun blastin at 150 yrds

Big Bore airgun blastin at 150 yrds
February 14, 2010 09:52PM
I will keep this one short as there is nothing to tell really.

OK, except that, my new HP mold is coming along nicely. I had it modified and it was making HP bullets at 287 grs. I found the cavity to be too deep (my fault) and the HP's were catching major air while in flight and all the weight of the bullet was in the back. I then trimmed the HP pin down, that goes into the mold to make the HP cavity more shallow but stay just as wide. The older pin went down to the second to last bearing groove near the rear of the bullet but since i cut it down, it now only goes to the first bearing groove at the top of the bullet. So know the HP cavity is more shallow and the bullet weight is more centered. But the HP is still WIDE....VERY WIDE. And boy do these things THUMP with authority and the accuracy is MUCH IMPORVED. 1" groups now at 50 yrds instead of the 3-4 i was getting b4. And the weight went up to 310 grs instead of 287 grs.

Here is a video of me shooting those HP's at 150 yrds down a closed back road in an area that i frequent. Those bullets and gun still have enough power at that range to SPLIT OPEN a milk jug filled with water like it was only 50 yrds away. What power these modern day airguns have. Its more than my 40 caliber glock shooting hot loads. Believe me, i've compared em...lol

Enjoy foks

February 14, 2010 11:17PM
Oh that weather looks great! excited I don't mind shooting in the snow but when there's a blizzard everytime I want to drive to the range... why me

Thanks for posting, I'll shoot vicariously!
February 15, 2010 05:55AM
Yeah, the weather here has been pretty lame too. At least for CALIFORNIA. But it has been too cold to shoot or venture out. And it has been raining also like we are in SEATTLE or something.

But, on this day, it must have been 70 degrees and NO WIND.
February 15, 2010 10:12AM
Nice! I gotta get to the range and blow some stuff up. shooter with bench rifle

-- Jim
February 15, 2010 01:53PM
You have a ravine behind your house, who's bottom is about 70 feet below your deck. Open sliding door ... cross deck .... toss something off deck .... shoot same. Green bowing
February 15, 2010 01:54PM
Cedric - fine shooting. 150 yards is reaching waaaay out with an airgun.

Nice camera too - I forget - what are you using?

Gary
February 15, 2010 05:43PM
Thanx guys.

Gary, the video camera i am using is a.........oh shucks...let me go take a look......................CANON FS100 with FLASH DRIVE. I really like the concept of these type cameras cause you have hardly any internal moving parts. All video gets written to a SDHC card and the batteries last forever in these thing. Basically, my SDHC card is 8 GB and it can record about 1 hr and 51 mins of video at my current settings and the battery can go a full 2-3 hours straight. The card fills up with video b4 the battery even gets close to dying.

But of course, i want a HD camera but some of them don't have enough zoom for my liking
February 15, 2010 07:44PM
I was looking at a digital video/still camera over the weekend. Everything was amazing about it ... except the resolution. And, that's the deal breaker. I'm not in the tax bracket to have a HD camera with long zoom. However; I'd sure like something between VGA and HD. This one seemed to only have VGA ... but had 60X optical zoom to 2,000 enhanced, and a 60 gig internal hard drive OR a Duo Stick. Even a touch screen wing to control all the set-up. Was a really sweet camera for about $330 but didn't have the rez. Of course, it wasn't $1,200 either. I'm aware of reality. Seems I can make the best - but can't buy the best. Something wrong with the model there. more confused

Gary smileys with beer
February 15, 2010 10:10PM
Well, these cameras do pretty well.

I was actually thinking about buying the exact same camera JERRY has. For the money, his has a lot of good features. It shoot HD video at about 40 FPS and the camera i have does 30 FPS. The Casio jerry has also can capture bullets in motion up to a certain speed of projectile of course. But his camera does do HD video and it has 20x zoom.

I believe its the CASIO FX20 or FS20 or something. Sorry for relaying bad info to you. Anyway, check out his camera online. You can read all about the nice features it has.

Tell you what, if you buy one, i'll buy one....lol
February 15, 2010 10:15PM
Cedric ... that camera of Jerry's has been bothering me alot. I was only dragging thru the gutter on others, because I saw the 60X zoom, etc. Jerry's is a really neat unit, and I've seen how clear it is.

Best I've seen them was $308 including shipping. I really think I will get one. Hey - who needs tires ... whistling

Gary
February 17, 2010 04:41AM
Hi guys,

I will make this one short.

It was brought to my attention (I already knew this) that there seemed to be some type of building or barrack or whatever in the background in my video. You can sorta see something black as i zoom in to the right. Well, its a burned down, farmhouse or something like that that is condemed and burned halfway to the ground. From were i am shooting in the video, that place is over a mile away from me. I am also shooting at a slight left angle in the video. So even if a miracle happened to make my slug travel over a mile away, it would still probably mis that house or building or whatever it is. Yes, that road dead ends right after that second hill in the road in the background behind the bottles. That second hill is over 300 yrds from were i am shooting and those are my tire tracks in that road. I went to the end of the road to do some BUNNY SNIPING and i came back up the road to were i am parked next to me shooting. SO YES, I KNOW THAT NO ONE IS DOWN THAT ROAD or IN THE BACKGROUND CAUSE I AM THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE and i just came from that direction.

Saying all that i say this, its no excuse for me to shoot on a road. So if some of you caught it and did not say anything or you never even noticed, i still apologize cause i don't won't to give the wrong impression.
February 17, 2010 01:42PM
Cedric,

No need to explain for my sake. I trust ya. I'd suspect you must have run afoul of some armchair experts who only take shots at those who post about their hobby.

I always enjoy your posts. They display interesting data. They show fine shooting. And the videos are always excellent.

Wish one of those guns I've sent out over the years, had gone in your direction. We might be seeing a Barnes gun out shooting in your videos.

take a bow

Gary
February 18, 2010 12:37AM
Well, thanx Gary but, just trying to be responsible when and if i make a mistake.

I will no longer post on that forum as the guy is still being a jerk even though i apologized. Kinda boriing there anyways.

And OOOOOOOOOH YEAH GARY, if i had one of your guns, i would definitely make all kinds of crazy but responsible LOL! videos. With a gun as accurate, powerful and unique as yours..........THEY GOTTA BE ON FILM. And that aint kissing arse, thats the truth.

Thank You
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021