Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: not boring at all !

This is probably getting boring for you guys but...
January 03, 2009 10:47PM
it's still neat for me and the boys! smiling bouncing smiley

Had a little sunshine here and Timmy had some friends over. They wanted to see the shotgun in action so we decided to take a movie too. PJ got to do the shooting because while I was setting up the first shot I realized I didn't want my bald spot to dominate the frame! rolling happy smiley

For the first shot we decided to go with an empty milk jug as the target. We figured if the penetration was OK, we could move on to a full jug later. Here's the first shot (taken from about 23 yards):

Looks like a good hit!

Found this 10 feet in front of the muzzle position.

A quick count shows about 50 #5 shot penetrated.

Looks like a little more than 40 came out the back. There were 9 rolling around inside the jug.

Well, that worked so well we had to move on to the full jug. I think Timmy was disappointed because he's used to seeing the jugs just destroyed by the big slugs. After he saw the bunch of holes, he decided it was still cool. cooler

Another solid hit. PJ might have pulled the shot just a little anticipating the recoil.

Several good leak paths opened up there.

Nothing came out the back except for one pass through in the handle. If you look close, you can see that some of the shot made it through the water and dented the jug outward on the back.

PJ decided we needed to show off the gun again but he tries to hide from the camera....cooler

Later, I went out to check the pattern of a 25 yard shot. Fortunately I had a piece of cloth headed for the trash to use as a backdrop. I don't know if it will amke it through the internet but in person, you can see a nice pattern centered on the POA. smiling smiley
Pattern2a.jpg
Re: This is probably getting boring for you guys but...
January 03, 2009 11:13PM
Jerry,

Bored? Never!shooter

It's what we do!cool smiley
January 04, 2009 12:33AM
Interesting,

I'd have expected more hydroshock with the water jug. The swarm of shot didn't displace the water - just penetrated.

Gary
January 04, 2009 04:23AM
HEEEEECK no thats not boring. I thoroughly enjoy your videos.
January 04, 2009 09:07AM
Nice one spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

As we have all said Jerry, keep 'em coming....thumbs up
January 05, 2009 07:14AM
Love these videos Jerry! Need to see more!excited
not boring at all !
January 06, 2009 07:03AM
Not boring at all ! The only problem I have is keeping the drooling to a minimum since I'm waiting for one of my own! Have you tried it out on clay targets or live birds yet?
January 06, 2009 02:31PM
Rotor,
It is effective on birds. I've not tried it on any clays. It would probably work on clay out to 25 ish yards but beyond that we'd have to come up with a different load. The .87 works well on clays though! Maybe someone could post something there? whistling
January 06, 2009 02:40PM
Since you can see how the load knocks the steel target flat, I'm sure it would have the energy for clays or birds out a good ways. It's a cylinder choke so the pattern will naturally spread.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021