Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: And it just KEEPS ON raining ....

And it just KEEPS ON raining ....
May 19, 2011 11:11PM
I've never seen such oddball weather as we've had here, for quite a few weeks now. Several times, each day, it just pours down rain. It's usually grey and dingy, but there are some patches of sun ... followed closely by another downpour.

Everything is mud, mushrooms, mold, moss. Flower beds are washed out. Plants are all yellow from too much water.

I have a customer to pick up a rifle, and test it ... and another to range test, and ship. I'm stranded on both. The range is not my property. I can't go boring around in the mud over there. The road to the range is flooded. The field would be knee deep and boggy. The Barnes Pneumatic hoovercraft is in the shop ... so I can't post a target.

Eventually, odds are, it will moderate. I hope so ... this is depressing. Speaking of depressing ... Kelly is off to Arizona for a week plus. Our granddaughter is graduating from High School. 18. I'm definitely old. Her triplet sisters are "graduating" from pre-school. They'll all have a good visit. I made my granddaughter a custom High School ring. Kelly will deliver that. So ... joy oh joy ... I'll be home alone ... with the dogs.

Joe, I've worked on your rifle more. Quite a bit actually. I'm assembling the parts in the white, for testing. Haven't forgotten. Had a number of things working.

Well, at least I don't live on the banks of the Mississippi. I pray for all those who do. I've had quite enough water here, at the top of Church street. Can't imagine their plight.

That's about it. Just checking in. If the writing sounded like I've had a nasty headache all day .... knucklehead

GAry
Anonymous User
May 20, 2011 01:24AM
Same deal here in NC, rain everyday for atleast a week. I have a feeling that when it does dry up it will really get dry this summer into fall. It was so cool here last night that you needed a jacket, and highs have been in the 50's and 60's. Not complainnig about that though, hehehe.
Can't wait to see it assembled Gary, I know it is going to be an awesome gun!!!!!!
May 20, 2011 01:48AM
HI Joe,

Several more parts before the action can be fired. Got one more Washington's Hatchet thing to work out.

Once I do, I have plans to do some billet lightening. The three main sections are just blocked out now. I want to stare at it once I get it functioning, and play with the stock sketch.

It will happen.

Gary

Do you know ... it's rained a few more times SINCE I wrote earlier? Just crazy. The sky stays all angry looking. Downpours every couple of hours.
May 20, 2011 04:50AM
Gary,

The bad weather will pass.

I can imagine the posts 3 days into Kelly's absence. "Living........................on...........................grilled cheese and cereal..................3rd day.........................injured

Looks like I own my 5th home. brick wall

Lon
May 20, 2011 02:06PM
Hello Lon,

Congrats. Thanks too ... somebody has to get the glut of foreclosures off the market. Mark my words ... they handed out $2,500 gift cards after Katrina. They'll be handing out house titles before long, to get them off the market.

Kelly is in the air. Yeah ... there's a dirty cup in the sink. I'm wearing the same clothes I was when she left ... .... oh ... .... well ... yeah ... laughing again.

I just scratched day #1, on the wall with a fork. Ah .... darn ... HERE's that Sharpie ............. More coffee

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 02:13PM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
May 20, 2011 04:55AM
patience, patience, patience, patience, patience patience, patience, patience, patience patience, patience, patience, patience deep breath, exhale, deep breath exhale, ok I have it under control, no really I'm alright just need a paper bag for a few minutes wow Whew for minute there I just about lost it when I read you were almost ready to assemble the gun.
Take you time buddy I know it is going to be fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! singing
May 20, 2011 02:12PM
Hold on there big fella ....

You saw the part about "IN THE WHITE" didn't you? It doesn't have it's make-up on yet ... or a handle on it. But - it should go bang soon. thumbs up

GAry
Anonymous User
May 21, 2011 03:32AM
All I saw in my original reading of the post was worked, assembling, and testing, sometime my left handed brain will skip right over the small details hehehetake a bow
May 21, 2011 04:34AM
Same here in Cali. Not the normal weather hence the lack of post. Abnormal is RIGHT!
May 21, 2011 07:22PM
Well guys, it may be wet over there but at least the world didn't end as predicted by that looney Harold Camping! Apparently the end was to begin over here with....you got it...an earthquake, which would spread across the world! Well, we've had no shakes, finger crossed.
Another version was floods, as per Noah's Ark. Hey wait a minute, did you say it was raining and won't stop!?skull
(On a serious note, the situation on the Mississippi must be horrendous, even more so if you were one of those whose house and land were sacrificed in favour of preserving the city.)
Gary, I hope you are holding up OK without Kelly. Just make sure you've changed your shirt the day she gets backscared
I'm hanging out to find out more about the Washington Hatchett...
Cheers
Neil
May 21, 2011 09:27PM
Hello Neil,

That's right, I forgot. The world didn't end. Guess I have to keep working now. Mixed emotions. winking smiley

knucklehead self-hammer I can't shake these darned headaches ... don't know why.

Yeah, The dogs and I are just waiting for the week to run out. Pretty quiet around here. Well, except for the neighbor ... who doesn't realize that you don't HAVE TO run the blower wide open ... Even more coffee ... I need coffee. That's it.

Thanks for checking on me. smileys with beer Good to have someone "close" in case I need something. thumbs up

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021