Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: And for my NEXT trick ....

And for my NEXT trick ....
May 22, 2011 08:27PM
I shall run and LEAP into the corner of a hanging shop light sheetmetal shade!

Working on the great oil spill of 2011 (no - the one in my shop) ... things got displaced to gain access. My premapped GPS guided movements thru the shop were no longer accurate. I should have purchased the "constant update" package. While evidently galloping thru the shop, I slammed into the corner of a shop light's sheetmetal shade, and nearly knocked it off the ceiling. It even has a Gary applied thick foam gaurd to mask the corner and edge. Displaced too. From the sound and the impact ... I knew I was cut.

Took a while to stop the bleeding, and then contort into position to BOTH close the wound, AND simultaneously apply super glue to the high, top corner of my forehead. (An area which, on most men, would be about the hairline). A neat trick, by yourself, using a small hand mirror, in the shop. Can't wait to see if I end up with a nice "Cresent shaped Scar" ... on my forehead ... eye rolling smiley ... THAT would be nearly ........ perfect, considering today's sensibilities, and mine.

I'm thinking, seriously, about taking a couple of days off.

Gary
May 23, 2011 12:18AM
Hi Gary,

Don't you think about it too much and go take em.

Enjoy and get some rest.

Julio
May 23, 2011 02:41PM
I'm sure if Kelly was there she would have dragged you off to emergency care. You must have looked the sight head wounds are usually bloody. Your lucky you didn't bounce off something else as tight as your shop is.Take a couple more days off you deserve it. Go wood shopping. Dory
May 23, 2011 07:25PM
Gary :

Ouch! Please take the days off. You'll get more done whole than with parts missing. Super glue is amazing stuff...you don't own stock do you?

Stay Well,

Karl
May 23, 2011 10:15PM
We need a "sorry dude" smiley!
May 24, 2011 01:08PM
i think you need a tube of medical grade super glue
May 25, 2011 01:59AM
Hi Tom,

Nah ... the straight stuff has been good enough for me for the last 35 years. thumbs up Dollar and a half instead of a couple of hundred, most likely.

It's healing well. No swelling, etc. Good job.

Thanks Guys

Gary
May 25, 2011 08:06AM
I guess we'll just call it lucky that you didn't knock yourself silly and pitch headlong into a hot blueing tank or some rotating machinery.Good thing you don't have any employees...if OSHA ever got a look at your place, they'd probably be scared to even walk in through the door. surprised
May 25, 2011 05:47PM
That's the scheme Sean. The ground level tiny, crowded shop is just a cover. The white tile and stainless steel shop is three stories underground! Pipe smoker Gosh ... once I forgot, left my golf cart on sub-3, and got off the elevator in my white lab coat carrying my titanium i-pad .... wheeeh! Fortunately, I came to my senses when I tripped over an extension cord, bashed my knee on the staged prop lathe, backed into the drill press, knocked the drill rack off the wall, and hit my head on yet another shop light! Lucky me. nowthatIthink
May 26, 2011 01:15AM
Glad it's healing properly. Last thing you probably need is some nasty infection.
May 26, 2011 01:22AM
Thanks Mike,

It's gonna be fine. Man, I'm worried about getting my bill though! whistling

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021