Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'm just sayin'

I'm just sayin'
April 09, 2009 08:00AM
that tomorrow morning at 3.30 am I have to shake my wife and 2 kids (well, 13 and 15 year old young adults) awake and trudge off to the airport , to fly to Brisbane Australia for a 2 week beach holiday. This is very stressful you know....scared
So I won't be shootin' airguns or visiting this forum for 2 weeks. This is very stressful you knowscared
However, I want you to know that while I'm there I have a civic duty to patrol the beach and ensure that I know the precise location of those naughty women who see the need to wear no bathing top! Just imagine the lack of morals of these ladies! I will ensure that my teenage son is not corrupted by such sights...wink This is very stessful you knowscared
Anyway, see ya in a fortnightspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Cheers
Neil
April 09, 2009 10:23AM
Good for you, Neil, for "taking one for the team." laughing again

Have a good vacation and I'm sure we'll see more groups from you when you return! I'm headed down to Florida in a few weeks for a little R&R myself.

-- Jim
April 09, 2009 02:57PM
We'll keep the light on for ya Neil.

Have a great time. Have a nice seafood dinner for me. smileys with beer

Gary
April 09, 2009 03:23PM
I REALLY need to find a way to share the stress! crying
April 26, 2009 07:45AM
Well, I'm back.....thanks for leaving the light on!laughing again
The holiday went well, apart from rain for the first 4 days...after that though, nice 30 degree celcius days every day. There was one hitch to my plans though. When we arrived the beach had been pretty much washed away due to a cyclone 2 weeks earlier. We could still swim in the surf, but those naughty ladies couldn't lie on the beach and I couldn't carry out my scheduled beach patrols!! cryingVery stressful!! Hehehehe. Interestingly, they pump sand from about a kilometre away to restore the beach, a process which takes a month or two. We've been taking holidays at Noosa for about 15 years and this is only the second time we've struck a disappearing beach.
Anyway, here's a shot from our beach-front apartment, taken at dusk towards the west...

Wasn't a bad place to spend a couple of weeks....
So we got home and this morning's sunrise told me there is no place like home...

...the sun came up out of the sea fair between the heads of the harbour.

There's a cargo ship just to the left of the burning thing.

But more importantly, there are so many new posts on this forum to read, and so little time to do it! Work tomorrowsad smiley

Cheers all

Neil
April 26, 2009 12:42PM
Welcome Home Neil!

Glad to have ya back.

Beautiful pics. That harbor is amazing.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021