Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Navy SEALs . . . how's that for accuracy?

Navy SEALs . . . how's that for accuracy?
April 12, 2009 10:40PM
I guess you guys have read that Navy SEALs took out three of the four pirates holding the American cargo ship captain hostage. Think about that for a sec . . . they've just been ordered to immediately engage targets in a life-or-death situation, no doubt from distance, in the middle of the ocean (meaning from either a boat or helicopter), with constant movement. All the shots are made before the bad guys have a chance to harm the hostage. What an Easter gift for the captain's family!

As someone who was a hard time shooting decent 50 yard groups from a rock solid bench, relaxed and under no pressure, and as someone who's met several former SEALs in business and personal affairs, I respect these guys more every day.

-- Jim
April 12, 2009 10:48PM
A little more info . . . the pirates were 25 to 30 yards away and the snipers were aboard the guided missile destroyer USS Bainbridge, which was towing the lifeboat with the captain and his captors. The poor captain was tied up and within several feet of the pirates when they were killed.

That's just . . . awesome. shooter

-- Jim
April 13, 2009 03:50PM
Seals thumbs up
April 13, 2009 08:03PM
Good job guys. thumbs up

Gary
April 13, 2009 08:08PM
I also read that they had a team in the water (under) right next to the lifeboat, so that they were up and over the gunwhales and into the boat immediately after the snipers shot - presumably to deal with any possible surviving pirates - not !
April 13, 2009 09:43PM
Let's not forget that the whole thing went down at night, too. Really unbelievable. Think of the training and discipline required to even make such an assault possible. I'm in awe of those guys.

-- Jim
April 13, 2009 09:46PM
Jim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Think about that for
> a sec . . . they've just been ordered to
> immediately engage targets in a life-or-death
> situation,

No, thanx. I cant handle my day to day issues...... much less something like this. But, thank goodness there are those that answered that call.

So any pull you have with the Divine needs to be invoked for ALL those folks in harms way, where ever they are......
June 26, 2009 07:37PM
Last Sunday night the History Channel did piece on the entire piracy incident.

What they didnt tell us what the use of helicopter, ship wakes and other nonvioelnt means to keep the lifeboat away from shore.

The last fifteen minutes or so--cuz we know how it ends --was about them setting the pirates up, to take them down.

Watch for it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021