Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: YOUR OPINION ON NEW SCENES IDEAS? artist. typing

YOUR OPINION ON NEW SCENES IDEAS? artist. typing
April 27, 2019 04:47PM
I was wondering if you may care to suggest a scene for a Medal, Coin, Pendants?

It was just an idea. And ... just to save time ... the one with “Gary going over Niagara Falls in a Claw Foot Tub HAS ALREADY been suggested quite a few times. In fact ... we had to temporarily close the last Open Enrollment Period for that one.

If you’d like to suggest, we’d love to share.

Thanks Much
Gary
April 27, 2019 08:35PM
Religious stuff or musical. Probably already done but ......
April 27, 2019 09:36PM
Thanks Steve,

Good ideas. I do have/have done a number of Christian themes. Musical is new. I like that.

Gary
April 28, 2019 11:52PM
I bet a pet series would go over well. Pick some of the popular breeds.
April 30, 2019 02:47AM
Hi Gary,
I'll commission a pendant. So here's the inspiration/inscription.
PADDLE AT SKULL HARBOR
April 13 2019
20 K DNF

Now the story:Kelli and I entered the 20K race as Team Kraken Tandem Kayak, counterclockwise circumnavigation of ONO Island, Orange Beach AL.

c96a19b0-d10b-46b3-bdd3-ea5afdc525a9.jpg

We knew the race conditions would be very rough. Small craft warning, E wind 18-20 with 25 gusts. But hey, that will keep the powerboats off the water and decrease the chance of getting run over. Besides we would never get out in those conditions without safety boats and with the race we had safety boats. So at 9am 7 boats set out on the 20K course. The first 6 miles were uneventful, just head into the wind and chop. Paddling hard we were making only 4.5 MPH. We rounded the eastern end of the island and we started surfing the waves and with the wind pushing us, we were easily cruising at 6.5-6.8 MPH. That was until we crossed Bayou Saint John as directed by the course and the safety boats. Now we were at the worst position for the East wind's full fetch. Rear quartering 3-4 ft waves and now the 25mph gusts. I was throwing a brace about every 10 strokes while Kelli kept paddling her heart out to keep forward movement. We were in the "washing machine" and now the only 3 power boats on the water were heading for use full steam and wake. We managed to turn into their wake safely and returned to our regular course for a few minutes, only to have a larger wave stop our forward momentum and capsize us. We attempted a reentry or two but the rough seas made it impossible. We finally gave up when we realized we were working against a 1.5 mph current taking us back against the wind, which really was stacking up the waves. While we had completed 20 K, we were still about a mile from the finish. 3 boats (tandem surfski, Single surfski and Tandem out-rigger canoe) about 30 minutes ahead did complete the race. We were the farthest of any that DNF'ed. A great race that pushed us past a number of our old limits.
IMG_1053.jpg
Kelli and Kraken
April 30, 2019 03:03AM
Great Story. Quite an adventure.

I can see an upside down Kayak with Kraken tentacles reaching for its brave crew ...

We will talk. That sounds like an adventure movie.

How did you save your hat???

Ha

Gary
April 30, 2019 12:31PM
Good question, Gary
Keeping the hat on when upside down in water was done in part with superglue.
Here's the mod with round leather belting, whip stitch with waxed string, superglue "grommet" at leather holes and decorative slip knot under the chin.
I also reinforced the area around the aluminum wire holding Misty on.

IMG_1107.jpgIMG_1105.jpgIMG_1104.jpg
Can't lose Misty to the deep, wish I'd spent a little more time on securing my Garmin to my kayakknucklehead

Kent
April 30, 2019 12:55PM
Bummer about the Garmin but thank God you saved the hat and Misty. Great Hat Strap. I like the design. The person who invented Superglue altered the Arc of Human History. A heartfelt “Thank You” to them.

I think you are going to need a medal the size of a dinner plate to do your story justice!

Gary
April 30, 2019 09:03PM
I finally found pics of the “Kayak Kuff” that Kent has mentioned. He was the sole inspiration and many people think the likeness is very visible.
4D41C5DC-C1D9-42BE-B48D-5DA330FE29B7.jpeg
3E27DA2F-B1F6-4A63-AB9C-937F83C0D58F.jpeg
April 30, 2019 06:37PM
Wow, what a great looking hat. If i were to wear one.....would be a contender.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 07:28PM by watchman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021