Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: eye rolling smiley

eye rolling smiley
December 18, 2008 02:57PM
Hog.jpg
December 18, 2008 04:32PM
Is that pig head the same one you shot a few years ago? Did you mount the buffalo to? Dory
December 18, 2008 05:35PM
What pig head? What are you trying to say Dory??? winking smiley

Yeah ... that's the first one I shot - probably 02. I've shot three. Just mounted that one. The buffalo, I just kept the skull. White skull with the horn caps in place.

Gary
December 19, 2008 12:37AM
I always knew Gary was "pig-headed"!! Now I finally have someone that agrees with me. hehehe!!!
December 19, 2008 12:40AM
Now Kelly, just because you're married to him doesn't mean you can call him names here. winking smiley
December 19, 2008 12:54AM
Ohlwwwwwwlllll ...... what she said ..... eye popping smiley
December 19, 2008 01:08AM
December 19, 2008 01:52AM
Oh aren't we just soooooo funny!!! If I recall, a certain someone has made fun of Gary quite a few times---Jerry!!!

You men always stick together. You're worse than a bunch of women.
December 19, 2008 01:53PM
Hey! Who you you callin' a girl?

Lonette.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2008 01:54PM by Bigbore.
December 19, 2008 05:28PM
Very nice Lon.

I remember ... we were all so proud when you won ...

They grow up so fast .... smiling smiley

Gary
December 19, 2008 01:56AM
Kelly,
You don't think I'm protecting Gary do you???more confused I was just having a little "admin" site rules fun with you.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
December 19, 2008 11:19AM
Thanks Jerry,

There'll be alittle something extra in your Christmas stocking for ya ..... rolling happy smiley
December 19, 2008 05:55PM
So, since this post won't die a natural death, can we get it back to airgun related?eye rolling smiley

Gary,

What did you use to shoot that impressive boar?
December 19, 2008 06:24PM
Well Jerry ... since you insist upon talking about airguns .... eye rolling smiley

I shot that beast with the orig. Tundra 45. It was a bench rifle (as you may recognize) but I carried the thing all day because that was the only rifle of mine I had access to.

In the afternoon, we sighted a few boar, on the other side of a grassy bowl of a field, trotting up the grade towards the woods at the top. They were running more or less parallel to me. Fortunately, I'd had the gun to the range the evening before the hunt to calibrate the scope. AND, I happened to have a new 8X Leica rangefinder (since deceased). I tossed up the rangefinder quickly, and scanned ahead of the boar 20-30 yards. A big tree stood out, and I shot it at 104 yards. I remembered thinking at the range the evening before, that the range's 100 yard backer showed 104 yards from the bench. The rangefinder said 104 yards to the tree! Smile.

I spun the elevation knob to 100 yards. I was standing for the shot. I swung the gun with the pigs. Then I pulled ahead trying to time the whole thing to arrive at the tree. The Boar approached the tree, and a log on the ground behind it. I fired. BANG!!!! and a piercing AWoLeeeeeeeHHhhhhhhhh!!!!! rang out as the pig disappeared into the woods! The pig was hit. It worked! excited We followed, and, when I got to the log by the tree, I used the rangefinder to shoot back to where I'd shot from. 109 yards. I even took a digital pic thru the range finder with the 109 lit up.

109yards.jpg

When we reaquired the Boar, it was at about 75 yards from me. It's entire side was covered in blood. The first shot had gone thru the trotting hog about midway back. I slumped back against the dirt bank, and put the very long legs of the bi-pod down. I adjusted the elevation, and watched for a shot. I aimed behind the armored fat patch on the shoulders. When I shot, the sound of the hit was like slapping a pond with a plank of wood. My buddy could see the shot too, and thought I missed, because he saw a big dirt plume behind the pig. Turns out I shot diagonally thru the beast about 20 inches, and out into the ground. The fellow that skinned out the hog found the meat ruined all along the wound channel. Even ruined one rear ham. The hydroshock from the slug, jelled the meat about 3"+ all along the wound channel. He said it looked like the thing was shot with a high powered rifle! And, he'd know. He was the guide and had skinned out quite a few. Never one with an airgun though. Made him a believer. grinning smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 12:32AM by barnespneumatic.
December 19, 2008 06:31PM
Cool! Now that's an airgun story!

Interesting that you're out hunting with a bench gun. I wonder if folks realize that you've never kept a completed gun for yourself. Even guns made for Kelly seem to find customers immediately.
December 19, 2008 06:34PM
Ah ... THANKS for bringing up Kelly's rifle Jerry!! knucklehead

"Gee Honey ... but we HAVE heating oil ..... " eye rolling smiley

Gary

And, kidding aside .... the Ledger Customers get access to everything I've made. If I've made a rifle for myself or Kelly to use (hunting trip, etc.), it goes to anyone waiting who wants it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2008 06:40PM by barnespneumatic.
December 19, 2008 09:18PM
See how quick he turned on me Kelly? Stick together nothing! google eyes
December 19, 2008 10:28PM
blah blah

neat ... new smilies! hehehe

Gary
December 19, 2008 10:46PM
I like this one: whistling
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021