Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Pneumatic Solution stunned

Pneumatic Solution stunned
April 03, 2020 03:01PM
Any guesses?

Haha. You’d be a while getting to this guess.

Early yesterday afternoon, I looked up from my work, and realized ... “Good Grief!, I feel pretty good!!!” It was such a shock, I texted Kelly and told her. She lives with me, under that crazy Gary cloud, so I tell her any good news I can gather up. She was so glad to hear my news!

I continued to work. Within half an hour, I developed a headache. Ah, don’t be silly ... there are no jinkses ... it was good to tell her I felt good.

Well, shortly; it developed into a distracting headache. I thru some ibuprofen at it. In a couple of hours, I tossed down a bit more with my regular scheduled meds. And the headache lingered. Actually, it was more like I was built around the foundation of the headache. Uh oh ... I’m in for it ...

It drove me out of the shop around 6 pm (two hours early). I went to the house and laid down. I wanted to show appreciation for Kelly’s fine pork roast at 7. I ate light. Back to bed. The headache worsened. By 4 am, it was agony. Somehow I mercifully went to sleep till 6:30. Got up and asked Kelly if she knew where my last resort pneumatic med injectors were stored. She immediately handed me one. It’s amazing. That girl finds stuff like I can find my right arm. Amazing.

Well these medical injectors are amazing things. There is a glass ampule if God awful strong medication, driven by a burst of air. It basically sounds like you have been shot. You break off the end of the device to arm it. Press the end tight against your stomach. Lift the lever and depress. BANG!!!!! and it leaves several little holes in your stomach where it injected the meds. I don’t know why such a thing exists.

Well, I get packed onto the couch. Laid there feeling hideous. Reviewed segments of my life. Gosh I hope that isn’t what older old age will be. I passed the hour hurting, tasting a metallic taste, reviewing, looking at the ceiling fan, and noting incremental improvements. Until ..... thank God and Medical Experts ... the cursed headache left me.

I thought you might find the pneumatic injector interesting. I know you are used to the stuff that has interrupted my work for two decades. Maybe they’ll find pneumatic solutions to the other things I didn’t order. Ha. Hope so.

Stay healthy.

Gary
April 04, 2020 01:45PM
What a lucky option you have .
I’ve never had a migraine but could only imagine. Does it always work or just force you to sleep? Anyhow I’m glad it passed for now .
I hope y’all are staying safe and hunkered down . We are doing good healthy wise here in middle Michigan.
I’m truly praying for all and their health.
I see both ends with those who DONT take precautions and those who ARE ! It’s hard not to be angry at their immature ignorance and lack of respect!

Ok I’ll be back !

Thanks
Kurt
April 06, 2020 01:16PM
Hi Kurt,

Sorry for my delay. I’ve been working. I’m in the shop so much, I have to have trickle chargers on the vehicles. The garden tractor has three flat tires and a dead battery (need another charger).

We are being good. We have the dome closed. Nobody goes in or out. I’ve had pneumonia several times.

Ah. That pneumatic pen is a one use thing. It’s purpose is to stop the killer headache that just won’t quit. That headache I had was among my greatest hits. At 4 am I kept thinking about 911 in my head. I’m used to pain but that was rough. By morning I was glad to use up one of my pens. No, it doesn’t make you sleep. I noticed a metallic taste. And just a slow lessening of the pain. Thank God and Pharma.

Wishing: safety to all, a quick destruction of this virus, and a healing of our economy. This is what I’ve described for years. Thru no fault of your own, your health and/or your world changes. And it drags on every aspect of your life. The career you’ve spent your life building is swatted away. It’s not within your power to change it back. And so you apply yourself as best you can. I especially feel for those helplessly watching their businesses being ruined. Adapt and persevere my friends.

Best,
Gary
April 06, 2020 01:42AM
You should customize it with some acid etching, bit of polished brasschainsaw.

Lon
April 15, 2020 08:12PM
Don’t encourage him! nerd
April 10, 2020 03:29PM
Gary,

That sure sounds rough. I have never heard of a pneumatic med injection device. I could have used that years ago when I had headaches/migraines last 72 hours. Must be something that only USA has at the moment. My doctors have never mentioned anything like that.

Glad that you have access to them. Hope they aren't to costly. I used to take pills when I had a classic migraine (aura first then headache) and it was hit and miss. The pills for $80 each, thankfully insurance took care of 80% at that time.

I can sympathies with you as I used to get really bad headaches. I still get the odd one. My mom is of the blessed variety and says "I have no idea what you mean by a headache". She doesn't get them, my dad on the other hand gets them quite bad.

Happy to hear you actually had some time of feeling better.

Best regards,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021