Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A True Story to Stun the Conscious Mind!!!!

A True Story to Stun the Conscious Mind!!!!
January 08, 2023 10:39PM
Several weeks ago, one thing led to another; and it resulted in a box ox my Beach Jewelry being set on the Snack Table at Church. Between services, folks mill around, have a cookie, tell stories ... have another cookie, etc. Folks have an odd idea that I show a special interest in the table between services. Huh.

People just jotted their name and an item number on a spiral notebook. We cleaned up details outside Church when convenient.

A good Friend of mine, Ronnie ...was another fan of the table. He must have liked what he saw because his name was down for two items. He’s about 40-48 and has a job that causes him to travel. They swap out huge transformers along the Grid. In Texas a few weeks back, he was at a Mini Mart late one evening. A scuffle started in the parking lot. Someone was clearly being abused, and Ronnie intervened. It passed and must have seemed settled. Ronnie turned and walked off. That’s when the Scum present, fired two rounds into Ronnie’s back. Ronnie passed away at the scene.

As Ronnie’s Mother has tried to carry on since, she found herself going thru a dresser in his room. She came upon two jewelry boxes and recognized he, being a Bachelor; more then likely got them for her. She Opened a Cross and a Beach Scene of engraved and coined Pendants. She wore one last Sunday. I felt bad and wasn’t there. But she’ll always have these two gifts from her Son who loved his Mom. These little gifts can mean a great deal.

Gary
Re: A True Story to Stun the Conscious Mind!!!!
January 12, 2023 01:30PM
Gary
That’s a terrible story to read !
We see it on the news a lot but until it touches some one close it really doesn’t hit home .
I’m glad his mother has a nice keep sake .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021