Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What a mess ..... knucklehead

What a mess ..... knucklehead
October 03, 2009 02:50PM
I was having coffee this morning ... watching the FOX morning show. They'd teased us along forever, about a 13 year old boy who had driven off a burglar with an airgun.

Finally ... the segment arrived. A typical 13 year old boy appeared on screen. They start the build up. He came home ... blah blah .... then he heard the patio door slide. He managed to see one guy in the house, and another outside. He grabbed his "Air Soft Pistol" ... and was in a position to "shoot one of them in the face". confused He might have said it was through a window. The kid says "it's really powerful - so it hurts alot". more confused I can imagine viewers already. And, the kid has the thing on the set there ... and is waving it around. No mention is made of the orange muzzle - or what it means.

Then, the kid says he ran to his room (they have dramatized video) to get his SHOTGUN. Well ... that raises the ante'. The video seems to show the kid just digging in his messy closet for the shotgun (where every 13 year old keeps his shotgun). The kid says he chambered a round, went outside, and fired off a round (they show him on a deck) ... and the bad guys flee. Of course ... tons of material there for activists to use ... eye rolling smiley

The news guy asks, "what do you do with the pistol ... I mean ... you can't HUNT with it ... can you?" eye rolling smiley

The kid, waving the gun around again, says ... "you know ... I load it with BBs ... and shoot at my friends". excited google eyes eye popping smiley Still no mention of the PLASTIC BEADS the things shoot. For good measure ... I'm 90% certain the kid, at this point, accidently fires the pistol. I see him jump/wince. Nothing is said about it. I want to crawl under something .... knucklehead

then .....

in the next segment ... they are outside on the street. Some segment about games of different types. One of the news guys has a paintball gun, fitted out with a big plastic sleeve muzzle that looked like a 2 liter bottle. He's continually pointing it at the other news guy's head. The guy says "don't point that thing at me" ... and the guy continues to do so - over and over and over. He finally points the thing up in the air, and fires it (It's clear that if he'd have brushed the trigger at any time, it would have fired) ... and it has bags of treats and confetti in it.

I'm convinced that 80% of the world is terminally stupid, and can't be helped. No wonder we end up with so many restrictive laws. hot smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 03:02PM by barnespneumatic.
October 04, 2009 06:10AM
It sure is frustrating to see idiocy (or thuggery) threatening the sport. Way down here in NZ we recently had an undercover police officer killed by a bad guy with an FX Monsoon during a covert operation that went badly wrong. Now of course it appears to be only a matter of time before restrictions are placed on airguns. It seems likely that a firearms licence will be required for anything over about 25 fpe, despite the fact that the bad guys will never bother to get their firearms licence.
I just sat my firearms test the other day, in preparation for the impending change, even though I intend never to own a powder burner. Mumble, grumble...sad smiley
Cheers
Neil
October 04, 2009 03:51PM
Shows how gun ignorant media types are.
October 04, 2009 05:04PM
Inevitably, when one of these idiots shoots someone it will be everyones fault but their own.
October 05, 2009 10:45PM
in the last three months two children , one six and one ten have been killed in the uk by airguns , the public tend to think of airguns as a low powered gat sort of almost toy gun.
as we all know here airguns come in many shaes and sizes , but at the end of the day they are guns.
people who know me know i shoot airguns , they think its a plinkers sort of hobby thing , they little realise what an air gun can be ,,, ive a 12 gauge in the same gun safe ,,, people instantly think of it as a real heavyweight piece of kit .
strange how people percieve things
regards
t
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021