Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Quiz: What happens at 7:30 Sunday morning ...?

Quiz: What happens at 7:30 Sunday morning ...?
February 07, 2010 02:07PM
Well, of course, the funeral home across the street, has a John Deere tractor with snow scraper/bucket AND a big ole tracked snow blower roaring away!!! We thought the fifth Panzer division had arrived!!!!

And, of course, now it's nice and quiet over there.

7:30 .... AM .... Sunday morning ....

More sad
February 07, 2010 04:27PM
That's the thing . . . people die no matter if it's sunny, cold, rainy, windy, hot, cold, snowing, you name it. I guess it's better than the alternative, where they just stack the bodies as close to the building as they can get . . . not lookin' good

-- Jim
February 07, 2010 05:35PM
Actually Jim,

There's no service or visitation over there. I'm not quite that bad.

That's just their M.O. for the last 30 yrs. Nothing going on at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30 (or yesterday). But hey - now seems like a good time @ 7:30 Sunday am. Leaf blower, weed wacker, snowblower. Guess you needed to "be there Jim".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 05:36PM by barnespneumatic.
February 07, 2010 06:07PM
Trying to wake the dead? eye rolling smiley
February 07, 2010 11:09PM
Hey Gary is that the funeral home I see behind Jim and his Snowblower? You can bet the F.H. has hired that work out (to Jim?) and the owner is sleeping the sleep of the dead at 7:30 am Superbowl Sunday! I hope the 3 ft of snow is the only reason he has all the hardware going full bore. Then you may be safe until the grass starts growing again.

If you ever want to ruin his day. I could get you a couple of spare body parts you can half bury in his flower beds. Then call in the strange goings on you've seen at night.on the phone By the time they get done digging it will take six months before there is grass to mow or bushes to trim. OK none of this is true, but it would make a good prank in a Porky's 4.

Around here in the middle of 60 acres, you'd think I would be immune to the neighbors, and yet we get the hounds let loose to bay all night at the critters. Yes, they chase them right through the yard. I was so PEEVED one night I actually got dressed, jumped on the Bad Boy and chased the dog. A couple of blasts from an empty Chief Justice sent it on its way. Hate to take it out on the animal when the owner should know better.

Hope you catch up on the shut eye,

Kent
February 08, 2010 12:30AM
See - I knew someone would understand. hahah.

Yeah - a couple of maniquine arms in the flower bed should keep things busy. rolling happy smiley That's sick.

I guess if you owned the back side of the moon ... someone would be "bombing" the other side trying to spray ice crystals into the ... lack of atmosphere. assimilate Whatchagonnado?

Gary
February 08, 2010 03:10AM
True story . . . I used to work with a buddy that lived a few blocks from The Battery in Charleston SC. He lived in an historic house that was hundreds of years old. One day, he was cleaning up a corner in the cellar, and came across what looked like . . . bone fragments. He dug a little more . . . and found a few more of them. He collected a few and took them to the local historical society. Yep, they were human, alright. It seems that the house was built on what used to be part of a potter's field long ago. "What should I do?" my buddy asked.

"Well, quit diggin'." Another idea!

-- Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2010 03:11AM by admin.
February 08, 2010 07:10PM
Hey Kent, there's an easy answer for your "hound of the baskervilles in the dead of night" dilemma... provided you can get ahold of a bottle of methyl mercaptan. Just set one of those big live-capture box traps on your property, and when the offending creature gets itself caught, you just... let it go again. whistling Of course, first you make sure that it gets a little spritzing of the smelly stuff to take back home to his owner. not lookin' good

Titer it down in an oily base so it doesn't wash off easily, and make REALLY sure that you don't get any on your hands or your clothes when you're working with it, the smell is horrendous. It's owners will just assume that the dog got hit by a skunk, and perhaps when it becomes apparent that their dog gets skunked EVERY TIME it roams in your direction, they'll pick a different spot to hunt. Who knows? Maybe if the dog objects strongly enough to the process, it'll stop coming by the place on it's own.

Easier than training your own live skunk, anyway. laughing again
February 08, 2010 10:05PM
Don't forget to give the dog a nice meal before it heads home. A little E-Lax with the ground beef ought to make the owners happy!
February 08, 2010 03:24PM
Funeral home....................hand sticking up out of the landscape, OoooooK. Uh, "good morning everybody".The Reaper
February 09, 2010 07:18AM
Admit it, you were just itching for a good excuse to use that smiley, weren't you?
February 09, 2010 02:02PM
Yeah ... I'll bet he way. He missed a good opportunity to add in ....

dig it crazy skull prior to that one though!

more innocent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021