Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: found this in Manila

found this in Manila
February 28, 2010 06:58AM
This sells for 5000 Philippine Pesos or about $108.40. It is kind of crude looking but so was my pump up gun. [filarms-ph.blogspot.com]

This is a local made PCP .22 and I just found the site. The company is not far from me here in Manila. I been very ill but getting better and I hope to call and set up an appointment to meet him and test one.

I found the local importer of Chinese scopes, lasers, and fun stuff and I want to go look in his warehouse too. Anyone want cheap scope? That is before shipping, customs, and packing. I am Kidding. I am NOT in the Business at all.

My pump up .22 pellet gun died last week, it made a funny bathroom sound at 2 pumps, and the pump feels like I am slowly mashing an over ripe plumb. Time to move on and up I believe. I could buy that PCP, mount a Chinese scope and have under $140 total invested. Silencers are LEGAL on air guns here and that same company makes them so I will see how much to purchase and have the barrel threaded as I won’t need sights.

I already own a 1 hp compressor!. Hmmmmm Starting to become a plan.

If I do I will post photos and let you know how it shoots.

Nice to be feeling better. I have been lurking almost everyday here but nothing to post till now.

Larry
February 28, 2010 03:44PM
Without knowing the history of this company, I read and posted the following. I know and trust Joe and Jerry. Clearly, I was just looking thru the window like a kid, and trying to be supportive. I'm sorry it's not what it appears to be.

Hello Larry,

Thanks for the post. Those guns look very interesting. Very fun. Amazing price. I hope you can get one and enjoy it very much. Please post pics and targets, etc.

It's great to see work from other shops. I wonder how many people are working together there? Do you know?

I found it interesting that this shop actually makes all the sighting stuff. The telescoping rear apature unit ... the front sights. Made me feel right at home. Before I ran across it in the texts, I was noticing that they make everything. When I first saw the pump ... I thought ... they even make the pumps! And, true to the reality of the work effort .. the pump costs nearly twice what the pistol costs! That's how much work it is.

Very, very interesting. Everybody should buy some of these. thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2010 09:19PM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
February 28, 2010 06:25PM
Hi Larry FilArms is a real sore spot with much of the airgun community including myself. About three years ago they advertised a line of guns for the American Market and accepted orders for the guns on the pretence that they would be semi-custom made to the customeers specs on model, stock and wood. Many people here got taken for a bunch of money. I myself lost 600.00 to them, and I was one of the lucky ones, many lost much more. If you go down there and buy a gun before you leave the store let him know that Joe Hoover and many others would appreciate what they paid for here in the states.
February 28, 2010 08:44PM
Yeah, the US "distributer/partner" (Chris Noli) made off with a bunch of other peoples money. The guy in country has blown it off like he wasn't a partner and had nothing to do with it. That's just not true. He took the money and is using the machines it bought and has been part and parcel of a rip-off scheme. I wouldn't give a dime to Filarms as the owner is a crook.
February 28, 2010 11:24PM
Hello,

This is to all but to Jerry and Joe I did not know of that till I read your posts as I am new to the Airgun world. I am very sorry but I think the whole company changed hands or that is what it says on their site anyway.

I just saw the gun went to the site and read a few pages and liked the idea of a PCP gun under $110 bucks. I have never been there, neer talked to anyone, or purchased anything from them and now I won't. If I had searched Philippine Airguns and not just the company name I would have found all the negative things. So to Jerry and Joe I am truly sorry for bringing this up.

It is sad that this happened.

I will continue my hunt for a PCP gun a poor old Vet can afford.

But on the UP side the Chinese importer is real and NOT part of the Filarms in any way.

I will go take photos of cheap Chinese scopes, lasers, rings, scope mounts, and other goodies from China.

Gary, I am sorry for bringing this to your forum and I cannot answer any of your shop questions other then what I read on the site.

Larry
March 01, 2010 12:59AM
Larry,

Please do not feel bad in any way. You did exactly what I did. You looked and saw some interesting things, that you wanted to share. I appreciate that. There is no harm done - and no bad feelings here. thumbs up I appreciate you posting. Please continue to join in and share things.

Sincerely,
Gary
March 01, 2010 02:04AM
No harm done. I just wanted to mention what Noli (of Filarms) was a part of.
March 01, 2010 02:24AM
Larry,

"I think the whole company changed hands "

Unless this happened VERY recently it is owned by the same people that scammed the U.S. market.

If you happen to go to the company ask a few questions about the company's history while checking out a gun without mentioning the U.S. connection and let us know what they say.whistling

Lon
March 01, 2010 01:24PM
Guys,

Larry was just sharing something he found interesting. He clearly feels bad that he brought up something that had a side he knew nothing about. I don't think we want to put him in a position of gathering information or confronting anyone. No "wires" ... no "button hole cameras" ... smoking smiley

We don't want to find that Larry has had to join the witness protection program.

More coffee

Gary
March 01, 2010 03:35PM
Gary,

If he doesn't mention the U.S. connectionBlinking devil nobody will know. It would be interesting to hear what stories they're telling.

Larry, do whatever you're comfortable with, admittedly it's not your problem.thumbs up

Lon
March 01, 2010 01:42PM
Thanks All,

I do feel bad but I am OK. I won't go there because I might be tempted to ask questions and I will NOT purchase anything from them. But I will check out two other local manufactures that do not seem to have any bad rep on the net.

I did read more on it on that other forum had I known what happened I would not have posted.

But thanks I will continue to learn more and see if I can get a decent priced PCP while here in Manila.

Still want to see that Chinese warehouse store. The store does not sell Airguns but scopes, slings, and anything you can use for a firearm or airgun. I will get photos this time.

Thanks to everyone for being so understanding.

Larry
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021