Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Christmas comes early... and contentment, Gun Show

Christmas comes early... and contentment, Gun Show
December 10, 2010 03:14PM
I have been working at my current employment for 1.5 years without reviews, or a raise. I kept hearing how valuable I was to the company and it was really frustrating that it wasn't reflected in other areas, wages being one.

I was startled this week when the manager sat me down and said they were very embarrassed that I had I not received the raises 3, 6 months and yearly like they normally do. On top of that not compensated for my supplying my own laptop and design software. Working all that out now. I told him I understood, after all they had no income for over a year while rebuilding the plant after a fire in March, 2009.

Here is a link to my blog showing the damage at that time.
Work Fire Mar 2009

Being content with what you have especially after the recession in USA and Canada, it is a blessing to be employed during this time. I think we have times when we get frustrated and complain easily but sometimes we have to thankful for what we have.

SO - I am being paid out in January as to all hours I missed not getting raises. I may finally have a little extra money to purchase an Airforce Condor! I have put this off for a long time, 3 years, as money was tight and I started building my own rifles. I wanted to have at least 1 high power commercial airgun.

(cancelled) I am heading to Brandon, Manitoba Saturday to check out the gun show. Last year one gentleman had a both with airguns. Gun show is geared to firearms. I will bring a camera this time and take some pics!
Friend called tonight and cancelled sad smiley I don't want to go alone as its 2 hours drive and -30 C (-22f)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 03:58AM by pedrog.
December 10, 2010 08:59PM
Pedrog,
That's great news! I'm happy your company has realized the poor situation and stepped up to do the right thing. Merry Christmas!
December 11, 2010 01:14AM
Good for you. I've been waiting for the same thing .... whistling .... hahahh.

Put some in a sock too. Hey - make that Boss a desk toy or something. I'll bet he's never gotten one. thumbs up

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021