Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SOLD - bowing -- Far East SHERPA (Channel/Clip/Grade A) bullhorn

SOLD - bowing -- Far East SHERPA (Channel/Clip/Grade A) bullhorn
May 19, 2018 12:28AM
This Is my Friday Surprise. (However; it came up during a conversation with a friend yesterday). He can speak if he wants to. Ha.

You have seen the Metamorphosis of my Stainless Channel Folders, as I brought them to the surface again. Here is a format that I think/hope will be popular for both of us. It's 100% Stainless Steel. Grade A is a quality build. It's a Barnes. AA is a higher finish. AAA probably sports a Polished blade, etc.

I gave my friend the choice of finish. He said he wanted to carry and use it - work knife - not too nice to carry. Nutz, I was crossing finger$$$$. Haha. So I told him I'd force myself to leave burrs and sharp edges and all. But, I never can. Haha. The Grade A only has one sharp edge. Wink. But the AA and AAA are silky sweet.

Ok. As shown. 6" AOL. Grade A. $395us. This one is SOLD SOLD SOLD

THANK YOU SINCERELY to my friend. I hope you guys want more. I want one too!

Enjoy the pics!

Gary
IMG_1518.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG
IMG_1521.JPG
IMG_1522.JPG
May 20, 2018 01:30AM
Svelte!

Lon
May 20, 2018 12:47PM
Gary,
That is a sleek knife that should wear very well.
I hope I can learn to sharpen it as well as you do, because it's going to get some abuse...I mean use!

Scott
May 20, 2018 03:01PM
Hello Scott,

I hope you enjoy it.

Regarding sharpening: make/acquire a strop board. You can use a section of old smooth leather. Belt/boot tongue/section of ruined leather item. Or, upholstery shop. Craft Store - Michaels, AC Moore, etc. board about 1 1/2" - 2" wide. 10-12" long using surface and then a 4" handle section cut down and rounded to about 3/4" diameter.

Attach leather smooth side up. Contact cement. Draw around ends (section out one end to straddle the handle, and brad nail leather into the ends. Etc.

Now apply buffing compound. Amazon. It comes in like a big crayon stick. Rub into leather as you use.

Now draw the blade backwards (on a bit of a diagonal with a spring back knife, or tape around the frame and backspring so the blade doesn't try to close on you.). At 20-30 degrees, drag the blade backwards with hard pressure against the buffing compound charged leather. This will set the edge back up. Polish minor flaws. Remove trace amounts of steel.

What you DO NOT WANT TO DO is use stones or mechanical grinders to grind away a thousand times more steel than required to sharpen your edge. This only wastes the blade. Worst case you'd ever need would be to first take a few light strokes on a very fine diamond bar/flat stick. NO ROUND ONES. They apply silly pressure at one micro point to the edge.

Strop the knife edge backwards hard. Turn knife over between strokes. Pull face side towards you, push back side of blade away from you. Check every ten cycles. When edge starts coming back, do same but with light strokes. Check every five cycles.

Renew the edge. Save the blade.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2018 03:07PM by barnespneumatic.
May 20, 2018 10:38PM
Beautiful knife Gary, simple, clean, thin and with the pocket clip. Congratulations for the sale and I’m pretty sure that the new owner will enjoy it for the years to come.

Best,

Julio
May 21, 2018 03:52AM
Very very nice to hear from you Julio.

I really hope your life there in Puerto Rico is improving.

Thanks for checking on us and for commenting.

I hope your Coral Eagle Clip 97 is doing a great job for you.

Best my friend,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021