Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Grizzly and Caribou complete - quick pics

Grizzly and Caribou complete - quick pics
October 15, 2009 05:39AM
Two more of the rifles in the shop are now complete. Both of these are Black Diamond Class guns. For clients who wanted to take their slots, and add on to kick off the program.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Thanks for reading. Gary
a-Carib.jpg
a-Caribou.jpg
a-Caribou2.jpg
a-Caribou_back.jpg
a-griz.jpg
a-Grizzly.jpg
October 15, 2009 03:53PM
Wow. Somebody's getting Christmas early!
October 16, 2009 06:05PM
Those are a fitting start to the Black Diamond program Garytake a bow
Hope the new owners want to USE them......knucklehead
No scope rail on the Grizzly?

Regards

Neil
October 16, 2009 10:57PM
Neil,

On the Grizzly the bands around the barrel just forward of the tower and forward of the slide breech are machined for scope rings. Any scope that can focus at 100 yards will be fine as this gun is laser guided! I'm jealous of the guy that gets the Grizzly as shooting it at 100 yards is just so easy! Really. I had the chance to shoot this gun a bunch of times before it was finished. I was really hoping it would remain a "shop" gun without carving or blued parts or even a fore stock. It was sighted in at over 100 yards so at 100 it was shooting about 3-4" high. Shooting at any target you can see from 100 yards was a sure hit. Now that it's all fancy and dressed up...I'm going to miss it!
October 16, 2009 07:48PM
Beautiful Guns Gary! (gee, imagine that?!)

The lighting in the bottom pic makes it look like the grizzly is crying a big tear because it doesn't get to come live at my house.
October 16, 2009 10:52PM
Words cannot describe how impressive your guns are.
October 18, 2009 03:15AM
Thats just too darned awesom GB. Your work is much appreciated.
October 22, 2009 03:59PM
erm ,,, can you show us a pic of the black diamonds too , not that i doubt that they are there , but it would be nice to see one , nearly in real life so as to speak
both outstanding , they are definately from the same maker , in style and quality , but both different beasts ,, excuse the pun
fine work indeed. t
October 22, 2009 05:16PM
Hello Tom,

Thanks.

The Black Diamond plates are not yet afixed. I am making a special reverse die, in which to strike the "Black Diamond" Coin plates. They will be in Sterling Silver. The forestocks of these guns are attached with two machine screws. Very simple to remove and replace. The owners will, a few months from now, ship the forestocks back to me.

On the Caribou, I will also attach a bi-pod hard point ... and the Black Diamond plate. It will be placed so the plate can be read while the gun is standing in the rack.

thumbs up

Gary
October 25, 2009 04:05PM
oh thats stylish , some how i didnt expect a pvc sticker ,,lol i had imagined your dragon would have been the start to the b/d but looking at the pics these guns really do set the standard .
i cant wait to see where your imagination takes you next, the new found freedom is certaily shining through, it really looks like your enjoying the space to express your creativity.
regards
t
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021