Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Crosman announces bigbore..

Crosman announces bigbore..
January 19, 2011 05:20AM
Someone had to litter this place with this:
[www.youtube.com]

Just have to keep you up to speed Gary, it's kind of interesting.

Lon
January 19, 2011 03:01PM
Thank you Lon.

Guess I'll just have to sell my old junk to the "Steam Punk" crowd.

Gary
January 20, 2011 05:31AM
As I looked at the new Crosman big bore I felt I had seen the design before. At first I thought it resembled a .50 cal powder burner, you've seen them, 40 lb rifles. It kept gnawing at me until I remembered.

Anyone else see a resemblance?
BarnesRogue.JPG
January 19, 2011 04:12PM
I'll take it off your hands Gary smiling smiley
January 19, 2011 04:13PM
Looks like they are definitely trying to lock buyers in to their proprietary ammo. Sort of like HP selling printers in order to sell cartridges.
January 20, 2011 12:55PM
I was looking at the video and was waiting for him to shoot the rifle and not his mouth, lol.

Went to Crosman website and love the way marketing works. "Technology is new, exclusive" and yet Daystate has had the "evalve" electronic solenoid valve out for awhile with on board computer, etc. Think the solenoid idea was developed by an individual in the UK from a little research I did a about a year ago.

Nothing new under the sun, haha. or to quote direct:

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:
and there is no new thing under the sun.

Crosman Rogue 357

Personally, I think Crosman should have stuck with more a traditional design, used wood. Compete with the Dragonslayer, etc. I can see a few plastic items and they will no doubt charge a premium for this rifle? Haven't seen number yet. They boast the accuracy and should really show some results!
January 20, 2011 04:15PM
pedrog,

Their design doesn't seem to be for everyone. I like it. It seems to be dividing people into camps, but we've seen that before too.wink

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 04:17PM by Bigbore.
January 20, 2011 05:31PM
Certainly an interesting development Lon. What will also be interesting is success and relaibility in the field, and of course price.
I have never seen so much reaction on the Yellow before!
Cheers
Neil
January 20, 2011 09:39PM
I've read a bunch of the reaction and I find it amusing. It runs the full gamut from love or hate to indifference. Especially amusing is the commentary on price. Many folks have apparently decided that an electronically controlled air efficient big bore ought to cost at least $500-800 LESS than an electronically controlled .177 or .22 or even lower tech offerings from Rapid etc. LOL! Some of the guys tossing out maximum prices and values are known to me and I'm certain they wouldn't actually pay $300 for the gun because they just can't.

Overall, I think the gun will probably be a good value when development is complete and it hits the market. If I were making big bores in the $1000 range, I'd be worried. The Rogue will come with the Crosman support system and an expectation of consistent quality as well as easy availability after the initial rush. The silly hype and expectations the first blogger put out won't help but even the realistic numbers susequently displayed will end up comparing favorably to actual performance by some of it's near cost competitors. IMHO
January 20, 2011 10:09PM
Ah .... Neil .... eye rolling smiley .... the .... yellow what? .......... Hummmmmm? whistling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 10:13PM by barnespneumatic.
January 21, 2011 03:28AM
Gary, ummm, I just stumbled upon this strange Yellow thing and just had to look, honest...whistling]
Jerry, I think you may well be right.
Regards
Neil
January 22, 2011 01:34AM
My wife won't let me buy one of these, she doesn't see any intrinsic value. I reminded her about the Remington Nylon 66 $49.99 plastic stocked 22LR. Now they can sell for $1000 IF YOU KEEP THE BOX and never shoot it. (Boy, that will give you something to talk about as you pass it down to your grandchildren. You can tell them how you almost got the box with the price sticker, but thought better of it.)

Actually, anything that brings more people into the sport is a good thing.

Kent
January 22, 2011 12:37PM
Kudos to Crosman for R and D on this gun...setting a new benchmark for electronics...giving new insight to the airgun world...this could be a modders dream...just my thoughts, Allen.
January 22, 2011 01:22PM
Looks a bit plastic-y for my tastes, especially with a four-figure price tag. Paintballers have had electronically-controlled valves since the late '90s -- seems that airgunners have lagged behind for quite some time with a few exceptions (Daystate etc.).

I have to admit that the six-shot magazine sounds pretty cool. But I want to see groups . . . will be interesting to see if the rifle is merely "hunting-accurate" or if it's actually "target-accurate." shooter with bench rifle

Finally, I will be shocked if it's actually "only a little louder" than the Marauder, which is the quietest rifle I've ever shot. I've seen lots of folks commenting on this gun who've clearly never shot a big bore airgun before -- even silly matrices, complete with "scores," comparing its hypothetical specs with other big bores. More sad

-- Jim
January 22, 2011 05:00PM
So far this hoopla is like Beta versions of software...... we won't find out the real story for awhile !

And, no doubt, we will get to see the continuing sage of "Fan-boys vs nay-sayers" on the Yellow....ad infinitum!!!
Anonymous User
January 23, 2011 02:18AM
Pyramid Air has the Rogue on their site priced for $8000.00 with a delivery date of October 2011. Probably wrong but I figured Gary would get a kick out of it, hehehehehelaughing
January 23, 2011 01:47PM
Hello Joe,

No ... I think that's an exceptional valve.

Let me see .... I just need to make a few changes to my catalog here ....

winking smiley

Gary
January 23, 2011 07:30AM
Anything with a retractable AR-15 stock on it (including most AR-15s) automatically hits my "ridiculous poser" button. I see them on shotguns, .22's, even certain imported "assault rifles" that USED to have a decent folding stock, it's pathetic. I suppose it's supposed to look "tactical" or "high-speed" or whatever, but to me, nothing says "designed by the idiots at marketing" with more emphasis.

Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass.
January 23, 2011 05:16PM
I don't think that's just a retractable stock, I'm pretty sure I read that it is adjustable for length of pull. I can't say I like the styling though. It looks like they found that the housing for the reciever and processor didn't allow for a regular one piece stock so instead of going with two pieces of wood, they decided on the tactical look. Naturally, it's not PC to look tactical with a new big bore, so they went with the two tone look instead of all black... That's my guess...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021