Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Shop Day

Shop Day
January 20, 2011 01:07AM
Jim stopped by today. Along with business, we shot a few rounds in the shop.

Chat later ... Pics here now ...

Gary
Jim Vic Trgts 024.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 027.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 029.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 030.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 032.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 033.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 034.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 036.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 039.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 042.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 035.JPG
Jim Vic Trgts 043.JPG
January 20, 2011 02:09AM
As you see ... we had Jim's gun set to hit at 5 o'clock. And ... everything we shot, landed there. Therefore; Jim's stinky old buckshot horded private stock he brought along ... more innocent .... two of my custom slug designs, and my quick buckslug bullets .... all shot to POA. Even with two different shooters.

Gary
January 20, 2011 02:27AM
Nice shooting guys, looks like fun. I have to ask though, who was aiming at Jim in the second picture? wow
January 20, 2011 04:08AM
That's all great shooting guys! Glad you were still able to find some ammo. The buds at Surefire can make up a pile of slugs for anyone that needs a batch. Come to think of it,,,Is Jerry cornering the market on buckshot to limit competition? Tricky fella!!more innocent

Kent
January 20, 2011 02:43PM
Yeah Kent ...

nowthatIthink

When I called Hornady yesterday ... I was #8 in the "Q", according to their running automated voice. Then, all of the sudden, someone burst in ... sort of breathless ... and said, "Gosh Jerry, I just saw your number ... I'm really sorry to make you wait!!" bowing

I said ... "It's G ... Gary ... Not Jerry". And they said ... "What?" I said ... "Gary ... Gary Barnes". They said ... "Why are you using Jerry's phone?" I said "What?" I heard a click ..... hello ..... hello ......

And then the automated voice said, "You are number 18, in the "Q".

more confused

G... Gary
January 20, 2011 09:47PM
Yup, me and Hornady were tight... rolling happy smiley
January 20, 2011 04:10AM
Beautiful Gun guys!

Jim, if it ever needs to find a new place to live, please let me know.

Third pic down, look at all the bits on the left side of the pic. A whole wall of 'em. Right behind the drill press, of all crazy places.
January 20, 2011 02:50PM
Yeah Griffin,

After moving them around all over the shop for thirty years; that was the last place I thought I'd try! More coffee laughing again

Gary
January 20, 2011 09:50AM
That was fun . . . thanks Gary. shooter

This was actually better than going to the range, as all the remaining snow / ice melted yesterday and turned the ground into soup. Help!

That buckshot does shoot great -- such a drag that it's been discontinued. That second pic was my very first group of the day, which turned out to be the best one (of course). And I ordered two more boxes of it yesterday (all that I could find). The good news is that the slugs shoot very well too -- but of course they're more work.

-- Jim
January 20, 2011 05:37PM
Gary and Jim, I'm sure that was a nice interlude on a slushy day. That gun shoots pretty goodwhistling
Gary, I bet you know exactly where everything is in your workshop....
Regards
Neil
January 20, 2011 10:07PM
Hi Neil,

Yeah ... pretty much. There's always something grabbing ya though, when you try to walk by. You'd swear I was trying to carry a thirty foot extension ladder thru the shop. hahah.

Gary
January 23, 2011 07:21AM
Seems like that Victory shoots everything you can stuff into it pretty well, and to a very similar aim point. Nice work there, that's a neat trick to pull off with any gun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021