Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Connecting some dots ...

Connecting some dots ...
February 22, 2011 10:07PM
Came with a cuppa coffee. Tired of reading my own posts ... so this occured to me.

Where are the guns now? Names that come to me at this sitting:

Hugh Hagan: Nitro 46. Action done. Stock 85% complete. Rough out and first pass of carving complete. Needs 3 more passes in carving, final sanding, 5 coats of oil.

Reggie W. : Victory 32. Action done. Stock 95% complete. Needs one coat of oil and outrigger rod.

Butler : Bison 56. Action 90% .. all blued. Needs stocks. Needs valve parts.

Rearick: Tundra 45 Mag. Action 80%. All blued. Needs Assbly. Needs anodizing. Needs stocks.

Sean: SS frame complete. Smoothie 62 brl. 85%. 308 insert pulled. Gun at 50%

Alder: Delta 32 Mag. Action 85-90%. Bottom blued. Top end needs blued. Stock roughed.

Joebill: Heritage pistol. Frame complete and blued. Internals valves, intake at 85%, Gun at 50%

Brian: Victory carbine. Frame complete. Barrel/shroud system complete. Valves and intake 80%. Gun at 70%

Hoover: Reservoir done and blued. Complex machinings @ 65%. Valves and intake at 80%. Gun at 40%

Niccum: Reservoir, intake, valve body, hammer tube at 65%. Barrel issue regarding 32 materials. Possible 308 compromise. Gun at 45%

Westall: Nitro Magnum. Frame and all valves machined and blued. Barrel pulled. Some billet machined. Gun at 50%

Bodio: 46 Scout. Intake complete. Barrel pulled. Valve body/ frame member roughed out. Gun at 50%

Tundra group of customers. reservoirs made, and many blued. Intakes complete. Quite a few action/riser/valve bodies machined. Barrels pulled. Some blued and set aside. Group at 50% Some at 70%

Bison guys: Barrels and receivers all made, welded, threaded. Various states of welding, carving completed. Reservoirs made - most blued. Quite a pile of "parts" made - like cranks, cocking slot bezels, folded steel trigger housings, etc. Intakes made. Group at 65%

Group of Yukon customers. Valves roughed out. Frames roughed out. Barrels pulled. Intakes completed. Some parts blued. Group at 50%. Can't break out individuals yet.

Ranger, Appaloosa, Victory, Liberty, Heritage customers. Many frames completed and blued. Some barrels pulled. 32/308 issue to resolve regarding materials availability. This is why I've concentrated on this 32/308 issue. Some guns @ 80% ... some 50%.

This was just on top of my mind. Not by any stretch, complete or in order. I'm sure I've left out the most obvious. This was just a quick review.
Hope it's more help than hurt. Nobody's been forgotten. I still remember my name, and everything ... Pipe smoker

Gary
February 22, 2011 10:44PM
Holy cow! That was just off the top of your mind? I can't remember that much stuff without cue cards!
February 22, 2011 11:24PM
wow! Cool !

That is ALOT in progress Weights

how about Blinking devildoggie.....and i don't mean devil dog -hehe more innocent
February 23, 2011 01:59AM
Hi Joebill,

Yeah ... it has parts. But, most of those above, are older.

Gary
Anonymous User
February 23, 2011 02:48AM
Dang Gary, that's a lot of guns going all at once. I don't think anyone here realized you had all that coming along. I sure know I didn't, it's got to help I would think. I appreciate the update, and the insighgt into what your bringing along.
I
February 23, 2011 05:44AM
I'm impressed. As for myself, I consider it "multi-tasking" when I can boil eggs AND make a sandwich at the same time. Of course, there was this incident the other day...

BTW, few kitchen accidents smell worse than eggs burning in the shell. eye rolling smiley
February 23, 2011 07:58PM
Parts is parts....I forget which TVshow/commercial used to have that saying.....

I still can't believe you manage to keep track of all the different "parts" of all the different projects, from all the different generations of guns....while still thinking up NEW stuff nowthatIthink

Hope the shoulder is feeling better still - don't forget, ice is cheap !!!
February 23, 2011 10:37PM
Hi Bill.,

Everything is charted and inventoried. That helps. USA!  USA!

Oh ... I survived the injections today. Same Doc ... different surgical center. Had to do all the paperwork again. Figure out all the new proceedures.

The shots already woke up my left foot. That's good. I feel like I took a fire axe to the left hip though ... that's .... less good. It'll all settle down. Very nice Doc. Nice team of folks.

Gary
February 23, 2011 11:04PM
Like the others I am amazed you can keep track! I have fewer writing projects and I barely can even writing them down.

Always good to hear.

Just curious-- did anyone else ever order a Scout or am I just eccentric? (;-)
February 24, 2011 01:17AM
Hi Steve,

Sure. Mr. Niccum, on the list ... is waiting for a Scout 32.

There's the origonal Scout 45. There was the South Western Scout of a few years back. The Dakota was a fancy Scout. Jim (Admin. here) has a Scout 46 with a 46 smoothy barrel kit. They are good guns.

thumbs up

Gary
February 24, 2011 01:09PM
Never doubted it-- just wanted to visualize! Would love to see photos of the SW Scout if they are available, or Jim's if he could take a pic.
February 24, 2011 03:15PM
Here's Jim's Scout 46. Now - they have minor differences, depending upon the generation ... but all have the same family look.

a_Scout46.jpg

Evidently Jim's never posted anything under a "Scout" title. Search never came up. Nothing in the galleries. There is soooooo much info. at this point, and so many thousands of pics ... I can't find stuff without a monumental search. Hope this helps. take a bow

Gary
February 24, 2011 03:22PM
My Scout was originally a muzzle loader . . . Gary converted it to a breech-loader using his "then-new" slide breech.

It shoots about 150 fpe with .454" roundball. Maybe 170-180fpe with slugs. It was a favorite at Kent's Wood's Walk in Mississippi due to its light weight, ease of cocking (compared to some of the monster big bores), and accuracy. Great little rifle. skeet

-- Jim
February 24, 2011 11:45PM
Thanks Gary, Jim-- just what I wanted. Mine started as a muzzleloader but changed in the planning and will use breech too.
February 25, 2011 06:59PM
thats a lot to keep control of , with a computer , let alone a pencil.
February 25, 2011 11:56PM
Hi Tom,

I do it all, "in spite of" the computers! hahah.

Pencils Rule! A sheet of card stock has never crashed on me yet ... USA!  USA!

Gary
February 26, 2011 02:36PM
[www.glbarnes.com]

Here is a link to the southwest scout. I have to admit that it's one of my favorites.
February 26, 2011 06:17PM
February 27, 2011 10:11PM
Beautiful. I like ghost ring and other apertures even when they are not so nicely machined-- have them on two cartridge rifles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021