Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FYI

FYI
April 01, 2011 04:57PM
A quick "fill in the blanks" because a few of you do ask, on occasion, how I'm feeling.

I just finished a triple series of double epidural injections. They helped a good bit. I'm fortunate that they help. They do not help some people, at all.

There's been a bunch of smaller issues, that I could chase forever. Bum shoulder. Already had an steriod injection. Helped for two weeks. Now it hurts when it wants to. Headaches. That could involve all manner of testing. Lower back pain. Too many appts. already for now. What's a several hour headache among friends. And Gen Gay is (scratch that) WAS cheap.

Just had another alteration in pain management drugs. Got an e-mail from a customer, telling me he'd sent a $200 check. I wrote back my thanks ... that will cover "one" of the perscriptions that I just picked up. One drug - one month ..... $225. The lady behind the desk offered to use some blanket discount card she had available. Knocked it to $180.44 I'll take it. Thank God most of them have a generic. Maybe this one will make me young, and grow hair. Between the health insurance and the drugs, I make airguns for the sake of feeling decent enough to go back to work. So far, I'm just meeting the curve. I can make just about enough airguns, to be able to make airguns. self-hammer Hope I don't get any strong desire for a new shop apron or anything! hahaha. laughing again

OK ... let's put this new pill to the test! Weights Hey ... does my voice seem deeper ... to you? nowthatIthink Do I look any younger? "festive"

Thanks for reading. thumbs up

Gary
April 01, 2011 05:47PM
You have more aches and pains than an old motorcyclist. I speak from experience. I was never very good at it hence the aches and pains. I hope you feel some improvement from the new medication.
April 01, 2011 09:01PM
Hello El Caro,

I am an old motorcyclist too. Gave it up. Miss it. Rode from about 10 to 50. Figured I'd probably used up my luck there. But - my injuries aren't from that. I just wore out. Maybe some of the rock walls around here helped. Or one too many wheelbarrows of concrete. dig it

Yeah, I'm a mess. We'll see. There can't be many more pills left to try. wink The right one has to be coming up soon. thumbs up

Thanks,

Gary
April 02, 2011 06:22PM
Gary, as long as you don't get a strong desire to sew up a new shop apron in a floral material, with frills on it, then the drug should be OK....google eyes

Seriously though, hope this latest set of treatment and drugs does it for you.
Regards
Neil
April 03, 2011 12:51AM
Hello Neil,

Hey ... how do you get the flowers to stick behind your ears? Just don't shower? "festive" laughing again

I'll keep you posted. I've already learned that if you take the new drug in the evening ... you get to see 3 am on the bedroom clock. thumbs up hahah.
We'll work that out.

This afternoon, I built a helicopter gun ship from foam boards for my grandson. So; my skills are still intact. haha. He'd gotten a gift of these bendable wood grain tones board materials. Plastic screws. Plastic saw, hammer, etc. And, you can dump the whole mess onto the living room rug ... then your grandfather has to crawl down there and build what's on the box. I'll bet the manufacturer is still laughing his butt off ... laughing

USA!  USA!

Gary
April 03, 2011 07:07AM
Hey Gary, just think of it as a sort of involuntary yoga...good for your flexibility. Well, it might be anyway. eye rolling smiley Just as soon as you can unpretzel your aching back, and get the feeling back in your legs where they fell asleep, and lurch back to an upright position, and stagger back towards a sturdy chair that you can collapse into. injured

I'm not sure why it works this way, but apparently there is some sort of rule that small boys cannot build anything with lots of small parts anywhere but in the middle of the floor. Model dinosaurs, kit airplanes, LEGOs, you name it, they never get built on a handy tabletop where you can sit like a civilized human being and work without simulating an arthritic hunchback in the process.
April 03, 2011 02:16PM
hahaah. Yeah ... you got the numb legs thing right. But ... no problem. While I was massaging some life back into them, and the helicopter was sitting fininished on the table ... said youngster was wailing the tar out of his other grandpop with the plastic rods of raw material. I escaped that, at least. laughing again

Gary
April 08, 2011 08:50AM
"said youngster was wailing the tar out of his other grandpop" Gosh, sound like fun...eye rolling smiley

So...you're saying that it might be a few more years till he's gonna get the old-fashioned erector set, with the steel parts?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021