Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Carving - Victory Stock (Brian)

Carving - Victory Stock (Brian)
April 04, 2011 04:53PM
Everything was sanded, blended, and then relief carved. I'm now applying oil to the pistol portion of the stocks, while I work on the buttstock portion. thumbs up

Hope you enjoy.

Gary
Victory Carved Stock 005.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 006.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 007.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 008.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 009.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 011.JPG
April 04, 2011 06:20PM
Hello Gary:

It's so nice to see another Victory pistol so close to the finish line. smileys with beer Excellent work, it looks rich and balanced. artist

It’s that mahogany?

And as usual, the stock receives most of the admiration and compliments…

Julio
April 04, 2011 06:47PM
Hello Julio,

Yes - it's going well. I'm carving the buttstock now. That's all shaped and sanded. Drilled for the outrigger. Custom hard buttcap installed. thumbs up

Since you, my friend, often ask me ... the new meds seem to be helping a bunch. I'm grateful. Working out the schedules, etc. Wierd thing. I just hit a wall at 1:30. Time for another trip to the pharmacy. Feeling improved now. We really are machines. Predictable, to a large degree.

Hey ... grit your teeth. OK ... ready? Don't look Jim ... scared I ran a moving sanding belt under my thumbnail a while ago. eye popping smiley Thank God for super glue!!! hahah.

Victory Carved Stock 014.JPG

The buttstock with magic sharpie applied.

Note the hard cap.

Victory Carved Stock 012.JPG

Victory Carved Stock 015.JPG

OK ... have to make the rest of the mahogany between the lines disappear.

Then, I can tune the action. I've only had the "first fire" celebration. Must get it all "sweeted up". thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 06:51PM by barnespneumatic.
April 04, 2011 09:09PM
Oh! That’s great Gary, now you draw the pattern on one side of the stock and it transfers to the opposite side. boing Magic sharpie is the way to go.laughing again

The hard buttstock adds a nice touch to this already beautiful air gun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 09:13PM by Julio.
April 04, 2011 10:10PM
Great having these talks with you Julio! I should just e-mail you the pics directly ... and save time! wow

Hope you enjoy some pics I snapped along the way. Now ... it's Oil, bake, steel wool, clean, oil, repeat. Until complete.

thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 10:12PM by barnespneumatic.
Victory Carved Stock 019.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 024.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 025.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 026.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 030.JPG
Victory Carved Stock 036.JPG
April 04, 2011 11:31PM
Gorgeous.
I suspect Gary is having same weather we are in Roanoke. We were at range on Saturday morning shooting 45's. Had typical SW Va Spring weather. In the span of an hour, we had fog, sun, snow,sun, a downpour and steam rising from everything as the sun cooked it off. Fantastic!
Shooting left handed for a while. Shoulder surgery last week! The road to recovery....I hope!

hjh
April 05, 2011 12:12AM
Hello Hugh,

Stars are aligning. Weather has moderated here - just today. AND, more important ... I'm feeling much better. Last couple of weeks has been a mess of weather, appts, surgical proceedures. Seems to be yielding benefits now. We will have to co-ordinate for you to snag your gun.

Hey ... look what just walked into the office!

Boys 002.JPG

Our Son is home from Korea. After this tour, he's being stationed in Florida. For the next few days ... he and his wife are in Fla. looking for a home to rent. The family will be moving before he gets back. The boys (Caden - and twins Chance and Bryce) are here for a few. Lots of tooth brush action going on here. hahah.

Gary
April 06, 2011 05:48PM
I'm not sure which looks better: the stock or the grand kids! winking smiley
If you can get them whittling like they move those tooth brushes, they'll be making your stocks for you in no time....grinning smiley
April 06, 2011 05:50PM
April 05, 2011 12:17AM
Man that stock is beautiful GB. I really like the lines on that stocks forearm and rear end. Very nice.
April 05, 2011 01:07AM
Wow . . . you polished that action so well it's almost see-through! google eyes

Looks nice . . . will be neat to see it all back together with the outrigger etc.

-- Jim
April 05, 2011 05:05AM
Gary,

Heel cap is a nice touch.wow

Lon
April 05, 2011 04:20PM
I feel it again! More anticipation in the force! The Victory is coming together very nicely, it's going to be another great gun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021