Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: For Fun ...

For Fun ...
April 06, 2011 01:52PM
I was researching something, and ran across these old pages chocked full of old Barnes Guns that have been sent out. Thought some might enjoy seeing them.

[www.glbarnes.com]

and

[www.glbarnes.com]

thumbs up

Gary
April 06, 2011 04:25PM
Hi Gary:

Wow! There is a bunch of Barne’s air guns out there. Who knows where they are now. The truth is out there...

Let’s learn from this experience and… idea from now on you should install a microchip in every new delivered gun. In the future, say ten years from now, you can go to a GPS program a track them all.rolling happy smiley

I love the “death blow hammer” sounds kind of Bruce Lee style.
April 06, 2011 05:58PM
haha.

I read and said .... what? stunned Then went back and scanned. haha. Yeah ... a "Dead Blow Hammer" is one designed to bounch less. thumbs up You read more thoroughly than I remember myself. haha.

Gary
April 06, 2011 06:15PM
Very cool . . . I see a couple old favorites in there. thumbs up Man, I need to go shoot!

-- Jim
April 06, 2011 09:22PM
Man, those guns are just beautiful GB. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of them as well as those fine looking knives....OOOHH LA LA!

There's a gun builder in me somewhere and i think "HE" enjoys seeing your work. Me too....lol..lol
April 06, 2011 10:02PM
Way to go Cedric. Hey - I could use some help. Come on out here and I'll put ya to work.

Gary
Anonymous User
April 06, 2011 11:19PM
All sweet guns Gary and the knives are fantastic. If I had to guess which is definitely what I'm doing you made the Top outside lock of the two photographed. Based on the perfectness of the whole lock and the artistic flare of the hammer.

Oh and that .563 expedition makes my palms sweaty just thinking about it.
April 06, 2011 11:50PM
Ah ... you think so do ya? hahah Maybe.

I made that 563 Expedition with the intention of it being mine. Lasted less than two weeks. I traveled to the 99 Michigan shoot. Modesty prevents me from say who won that shoot ... whistling Then I went to the Arkansas show and somebody wanted that, and my tank too! That was fine. But ... hey ... I still don't have one 12 years later! Or a fancy knife. Man ... good thing I don't make pants! eye popping smiley hahah.

Gary
April 07, 2011 12:41AM
Watching all these pictures sure brings a lot of good memories to me. Specially when I saw the Savannah .32 and the Tundra .45, those two were the rifles that convinced me to write my first email to GB. And after a few years and a few hundred additional emails here I am. Lucky me.

Just as a curious fact, during all these years I have also learned to admire and to collect fine pocket knives. Don't know why?
April 07, 2011 12:46AM
Nice photo albums, I suppose the original files are probably hidden on some near dead mac harddrive?
April 07, 2011 01:17AM
Hi Jerry,

Earliest stuff was film. Then, a couple of iMacs. Still have them. One has the fried ethernet thingie, so you can't get into it. Least, I can't - I'm too fat to craw in there. ;?)

Then there is the IBM laptop. Actually, I think most of that is copied on an external hard-drive. Simple. Nice rainy decade project.

Did you buy your new unit? Hope it goes well. Any questions .... don't ask me. typing hahah.

Gary
April 07, 2011 02:13AM
Don't worry Gary, I'm well aware that you will run and hide if I ask a computer related question! I was just thinking that all those nice pictures probably have a original somewhere that is a high enough resolution for publication and certainly high enough for the web...like the Gallery section here. BTW, that's a good reason to not shoot the original in VGA size, you might someday have a reason to have higher resolution than a web page needs.

Another BTW, if you decide to trash the old macs...rip the hard drives out first, they might not boot but they might still be readable.

I got an email today saying the new machine will be here on Friday, it was originally forcast the middle of next week. As soon as I get Outlook up and running, I'm going to amke an appointment for 5 years hence to buy a new computer, regardless if the machine appears to be fine!

Did you know that consumer computers are now coming with TERABYTE harddrives? I could barely believe it! The new machine comes with a 2TB main drive and I got a back up drive of 500MB for the price of a decent meal for 2... I now have room for about a million pictures of good groups!
April 07, 2011 01:12PM
You better get to shooting. To get in millions of pics in five years, will be a challange. ;?)

I do always shoot in both VGA and higher Rez. Pretty much always have. Although, the first digital camera I bought was 1.3 meg for over $600.

I just pack the "cube" of the iMacs in the closet. The hard drives are internal. Welded in I believe. Poured over with epoxy. haha.

So; you planing on doing a documentary on me, after my .... eye popping smiley ... I mean ... excited ..... when I'm ...injured Ah nutz. I always wanted to read thru it ... ah .... before. hahahah. more innocent

Hope the new computer is a honey.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021