Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Another Completed Rifle - Victory Pistol Carbine (Brian's)

Another Completed Rifle - Victory Pistol Carbine (Brian's)
April 06, 2011 10:09PM
Victory Pistol Carbine 008.JPG

I'll start here. A pic from last night late. Before the last coat of Oil.

Victory Pistol Carbine 011.JPG

The Victory 32 Pistol Carbine with outrigger buttstock.

Victory Pistol Carbine 013.JPG

Victory Pistol Carbine 016.JPG

A very fine rig. I have a ton of pics. I'll process some more. Just wanted to post a taste - announcing that it's complete! All tuned too, but I don't have the final numbers yet. Internal tweaked, not yet documented.

More coming!

Hope you like it. Pipe smoker
Gary
April 06, 2011 10:59PM
Another group of pictures.

Note that the outrigger boom is stainless steel tubing, and holds 40 buckshot ball. I made an O ring secured cap, that works very smoothly to access.

The fluted bolt knob has a red/green indicator as to bolt position.

The quick loosening of the outrigger machine screws, allows the gun to become two short units ... and easily fit into a small case. Assembled, it has the feel of a nice rifle. The buttstock is offset, and ground with compound curves to make it set well against the face, and give access to the bolt.

Enjoy,
Gary
Victory Pistol Carbine 027.JPG
Victory Pistol Carbine 025.JPG
Victory Pistol Carbine 071.JPG
Victory Pistol Carbine 052.JPG
Victory Pistol Carbine 045.JPG
Victory Pistol Carbine 043.JPG
April 07, 2011 10:22AM
That I do likesmileys with beer. What made you choose mahogany? I particularly like the carving. I would guess it makes for an excellent grip. I once had a high quality European rifle that had a pistol grip shaped like a birds head with fishscale type carving. It wasnt just cosmetic but practical as well. It looks very nice indeed. I have only seen mahogany used before on Phillipino guns.
April 07, 2011 01:22PM
Hello Vic,

Glad you like it. I've been using Mahogany for about 15 years on rifle stocks. I like it. It's light and strong ... takes on a beautiful patina. Always liked it for furniture as well. Most of the restructured antique chests of drawers I made were from Empire period Mahogany ... beautiful.

Gary
April 07, 2011 09:47PM
Thanks for that Gary. Most all of the mahogany seen nowadays seems to be like balsa wood. One of my past businesses involved buying hardwoods and the market at the time was flooded with cheap Malaysian hardwoods of the mahogany family. No comparison. I have some house furniture made from good old Honduras mahogany bartops. A deep rich red color. Thanks for sharing. - Vic
Man that's a fine piece, love the extra ammo storage. Somebody is going to grin ear to ear when they look at this post.
April 06, 2011 11:52PM
Well, I hope you are right Joe. I sent him some pics, and this link! thumbs up

Glad you like it. Thanks very much.

Gary
April 07, 2011 12:29AM
Ahhh! The secret compartment, now we are in the James Bond league. Nice feature Gary. You never stop to surprise us."festive"

You keep raising the bar. What's next?
April 07, 2011 12:42AM
Another great gun, well done! Nice added feature there with the ammo storage. That's enough ammo to make it through the woods walk for the full 3 target sets course!
April 07, 2011 01:21AM
Ah ... secret stuff ... ya know. Can't tell. lipsaresealed Very secret and all. Need to know basis .... cool smiley But ... no doubt ... it's all .... very Zen ... bowing -- Far East

hehehe

Gary
April 07, 2011 07:39AM
You've done it again Gary. Very nice!
Cheers
Neil
April 07, 2011 01:24PM
Hi Joe,

Well ... he likes it. wow I won't have to keep it behind the door. hahaha. thumbs up

Gary
April 07, 2011 11:01AM
I dig that outrigger / ammo storage. Very nice. smileys with beer

-- Jim
April 07, 2011 02:26PM
Gary,

Careful with those neat accessories, people won't notice the gun.wink

Brian, nice choice!

Lon
April 07, 2011 04:50PM
April 07, 2011 06:57PM
Here's the specs for the tuned rifle. Look at those numbers ... hahah. Exact bell curve!

a_specs_Victory_Brian.jpg

take a bow

Gary
April 07, 2011 08:39PM
I, too, like the secret ammo reservoir take a bow

great specs, and the wood is kinda OK too.....not that I'm into wood or anything....much prefer plastic and the like...more innocent
April 07, 2011 09:08PM
Hi Joebill,

Thanks. Yeah ... 79 fpe from that little ball. Neat. With a slug, I suspect it would to 100 fpe. I'll have to test it.

Yeah ... I was out of plastic. haha.

Ran into someone the other day, has a saw mill. We're gonna "talk". ;?)

Gary
April 07, 2011 09:15PM
Awesome Gary! wow
I've been watching this rifle come together thinking, "Did I order mine with the butt stock?" I finally checked. I didn't. sad smiley
Sad, but not the end of the world right? Now you reveal the hidden ammo compartment!! why me
Now, I don't know where you are in my Victory build, but feel free to add a carbine stock, convert it .308, or whatever magic your brain desires, because I know that your imagination will fashion exactly what I need. Because I want one of each!!! hot smiley
April 08, 2011 12:23AM
Hello Scott,

I've been thinking of a nice 50 cal. belt feed .... yours might be a good time to spring that? wow

Oh, I'll figure out something that you may be able to use. Heck ... if you don't like it, you can always run a cord up the barrel and put a lamp shade on top! ... hahahah. wink

Glad you like this one. It did turn out pretty nice. thumbs up I have to get it to the range. Better wait until daylight though ... ;?)

Gary
April 08, 2011 08:27AM
Looks like a pretty neat piece. Light, handy, and definately got that "cool gizmo" factor". That buttstock clamp looks like it could hold up your shooting table, it's stout! Between the double allen-head capscrews and the long clamping lever arm, it ought to be almost as rigid as a solid stock.
April 08, 2011 02:12PM
That's the idea Sean .. thumbs up

No "rubber crutch" around here. More coffee

Gary
April 08, 2011 06:43PM
Gary,

50 cal belt feed...nowthatIthink
If your gonna make a lamp, you should just carve up a nice looking leg! rudolph
April 08, 2011 08:28PM
Ya know Scott ...

Jerry has been trying to get me to do a version of that, for years now! Another customer had a unique take of a member of Lewis and Clark's party too ... nowthatIthink

There just might be a market for this. Ya see ... we talk these things out ... and great ideas emerge ...

LOL!

Gary
April 08, 2011 10:29PM
That gun is simply beautiful and is my type of gun. love that 2 tone barrel/airtube set up. I also like that storage area idea and its on the right side.......simply nice GB
April 09, 2011 04:56PM
Gary :

What can I say that hasn't already been said above? Another beautiful airgun destined to become someone's treasured possession.

I think we need to talk when a slot opens up......

Karl
April 09, 2011 06:47PM
Hi Karl,

Glad you like the pistol above. I'm glad when repeat customers want to talk. Makes me feel like I did something right. Thanks. ;?)

Gary
April 12, 2011 09:02PM
Great looking rig Gary. A lot of thought and precision in all your work.

My fault. I should have mentioned who I am. It's Mike Rearick and thanks for the hospitality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2011 09:56PM by marcar.
April 12, 2011 09:45PM
Thank you.

I believe that you are new to the forum. Welcome. I hope you enjoy it, and find some interesting things here. Share your own stuff with us - we'd like to see it and hear your experiences.

Thanks for joining. thumbs up

Gary
April 13, 2011 01:30AM
Welcome aboard Mike!
April 13, 2011 02:30AM
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!smileys with beer
April 13, 2011 02:58AM
Hello Mike,

Sorry ... didn't check the e-mail. Didn't recognize the web name. I see the new registry and first post. Welcome to the forum.

thumbs up

Gary
April 14, 2011 03:06AM
Gary,

That's a fine looking carbine! Brian phoned me specifically to report how pleased he was with your masterpiece. He's all set with a carbon fiber tank and reg. I've got a few boxes of buckshot squirreled away for him as well.

We'll get it scoped up and take it for a walk in the woods. I promise to take a camera with us to share with all.

Kent
April 28, 2011 03:55PM
Brian

Congratulation, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying min

Reggie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021