Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Happy Easter from Gary and Kelly

Happy Easter from Gary and Kelly
April 24, 2011 04:31PM
We wish you all a Blessed Easter. Thank God for the resurrection of Christ. And salvation thru grace alone.

It's becoming a fine Spring here. I'm still feeling improved, and working some long hours. I wish I'd had access to these meds in all the years past, but I do now, and I'm grateful. I'm using them to do as much as possible. There's no guarantee that the effect will last, or that something else might worsen. So; I sort of feel like I'm operating within a grace period here. I'm grateful, and feel very pressured to use it well. I have a significant fear of regressing to how it's been these last years. It's seriously been horrible. I sort of feel like a death row prisoner who's escaped, and "really" doesn't want to go back.

We hope you enjoy your holiday weekend. We are sharing an Easter meal with some friends. Most of our family is scattered all over the place. The rest are busy.

Enjoy.
God Bless,

Gary and Kelly
April 24, 2011 07:26PM
Happy Holiday

I glad to hear the meds are working for you. Can you send me an email and let me know what they are, maybe they will help my wife.

God bless you, Kelly and everyone on the forum.
April 24, 2011 11:53PM
Done. I hope the information is of some help to her. We'll remember her, as in the past.

Sincerely,
Gary
April 24, 2011 11:51PM
Hoppy Easter! rolling happy smiley We had breakfast with my folks earlier today, and then just now managed to squeeze in a few holes at the golf course before getting rained out. But it was pretty while it lasted. Back at the ranch for the evening.

Glad to hear the meds have stayed effective. Seems that's been quite awhile searching for the right combo.

-- Jim
April 24, 2011 11:57PM
HI Jim,

So - you are an old exectutive now .... Golf ... it's come to this! hahah.

Well, "finding" appropriate meds, and then "affording" those appropriate meds. Then finding the schedule and dosage. It's all a complex puzzle. That old ... "well, you can't afford not to" ... that statement isn't quite accurate. You really "can't" afford what you can't afford. Not all a matter of choice.

Happy Easter Jim and Cindy
Gary and Kelly
April 25, 2011 02:17AM
Happy Easter all!
April 25, 2011 03:06AM
Happy Easter everybody.

Had a good weekend. It's been raining since Friday. 4" so far expecting that much more next 24..

Tell a little story. Took my Niece and her husband morel hunting Sat. He's a city guy. She is to, but has been before. So were out looking, taking them to some of my secret spots at my Dad's farm. I had shown him one before we left. So he would know what to look for. So I find one, tell him it's 5' in front of him. give him a chance to see it. I keep telling where to look based on where he's looking he finally see's it after awhile. This goes on for the next 2. So the fourth one I stick my finger about 10" in front of it because it's half hidden. After about 10 seconds he sees it. We were out about 3 hours in woods raining the whole time found a few, He couldn't figure out why anybody would want to do that again.

If your wondering why I would take them to a secret spot. I doubt if either on of them could find any one of the spots ever.

So for supper that night had a cookout, between thunderstoms. My wife sauteed some for a side. Then he got it.

Always nice to show people why I spend hours looking for them in the Spring. And have them appreciate it.. Another convert. Dory
April 25, 2011 07:17AM
Happy Easter all!
This morning, Easter Monday and also ANZAC Day (Australia New Zealand Army Corps, a traditional holiday based originally on the bloody Gallipoli campaign in 1915), we attended the "Dawn Parade", a tradition to honour the war dead and those who fought for their country and are still alive. My Dad, aged 92, is one of four WW2 veterans remaining from the 19th armoured battalion, which saw action at the battle of Monte Cassino, among others. Our local parade is a great occasion, with a strong attendance from both the community and the army. My Dad's role was to recite the Ode of Remembrance at a certain point in the proceedings. It goes like this:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Anyway, Dad is centrally blind, and can't read a cue card. Last year he stumbled on the words and was very disappointed in himself. This year he carried it off very smoothly and emphatically, and we were all very proud!
Cheers
Neil
April 25, 2011 01:12PM
Hello Neil,

Good for your Dad. Those kind of ceremonies make memories for the later generations, to honor the people and reasons that they are free. It's good to know your Dad was honored that day.

thumbs up

Gary
April 25, 2011 01:15PM
Hello Dory,

Reading along ,.... "morel hunting .... " Hummmm. What caliber is appropriate? And .... what's a morel?

At the end, I figured it's a mushroom .... or a very, very small deer? More coffee

hehehe,. Thanks for posting.

Gary
April 25, 2011 06:57AM
Happy Easter to all
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021