Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Video - 46 Nitro Express Magnum

Video - 46 Nitro Express Magnum
May 20, 2011 02:04AM
From the last range session. You can pick out some interesting stuff. Note the Barnes two stage target trigger with it's distinct audible "click" at the end of first stage. Note the recoil of the 46 Magnum at approx. 570 fpe. The gun is elevated because this range is "bowl" shaped. 110 yards is probably 30 feet higher in elevation. This was during the tree trimming session.

take a bow

Gary
May 20, 2011 03:57AM
What form! That guy is awesome!!!
May 20, 2011 04:43AM
Pretty sweet for having all that power.

Was that the reservoir being refilled singing at the end?

Lon
May 20, 2011 02:10PM
Yes ... the intake of the rifle taking a gulp thru the bench regulator. I send them for classical training with the Metrop. Oprah .... is that spelled right? hahah.

Gary
May 20, 2011 04:05PM
Ouch! google eyes

Jerry how's your shoulder?

Julio
May 20, 2011 10:12PM
Wow. That was some recoil. Beautiful gun too.

Karl
May 21, 2011 04:37AM
Is that a DONKEY or a GUN....cause it sure KICKS...lol

OK OK OK, so my lines are a little corny and i'll never get anywere with girls talking like that. you guys get my point.

What a canon Jerry and Gary
May 21, 2011 12:28PM
You guys think that one kicks . . . try firing the Dragon. injured

-- Jim
May 22, 2011 03:38PM
Julio,

That Nitro was the "tame" gun at the shoot! I wasn't scared at all... The Yukon kicks a good bit harder. Having shot the Yukon and the 'Cuda, I'd say the kick is similar between the two of them.

At the end of the day, I did have a little sore spot on my shoulder...
May 22, 2011 04:46PM
.... which was then in the middle of his back. (Shoulder that is ... hehe).
May 22, 2011 06:09PM
Jerry,

Yes you had a little sore spot on your shoulder, but you also had the satisfaction of having a great experience shooting those masterpieces. I'll do that trade anytime, anywhere...hehehe

Julio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 11:51AM by Julio.
May 31, 2011 02:36AM
Hey, Gary,

Offline for a bit. It looks like the bugs will be ironed out of the rifle by the time I get up there. If I don't hurry, the rifling may be ironed out as well!!
Keep having fun. Hope all is well.

Hugh
May 31, 2011 12:30PM
Hello Hugh,

Yes - the warrenty expires tomorrow. whistling No matter ... I've been selling off the parts on the black market too. More coffee

How's the shoulder doing? If you are all ready for a beating ... check on the next couple/three Saturdays. We'll put something together. Yesterday, it was 98 degrees here. Hopefully we can find a day that will be a bit more geared to human survival. Something between a foot of mud and a hundred degrees. We don't get many days in between though.

I figured you'd surface again, and there's been no shortage of items at the top of the emergency crisis list. My "to do" list seems to be an upside pyramid with the hundred crisis items on the top line, and tapering down to "ice tea on the patio" as the single item on the bottom. Green bowing Are you sure this is what the forefathers had in mind? USA!  USA!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021