Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Packing Vic 32 - Range complete

Packing Vic 32 - Range complete
June 03, 2011 02:00AM
All sighted in ... ready to go.

Extensive range testing has been completed. I love the Nikko Stirling Scope as mounted. Really nice and clear ... and the mil dots seem to stay valid across the power ranges of the scope.

Packing for shipment now.

Gary
brd
June 14, 2011 01:16PM
Gary,

I can't thank you enough for a one of a kind .32 cal, the Victory 32. I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival and can't wait to see the look on Michael's face when he opens this. I hope someday he will appreciate the craftsmanship and beauty of this piece of art. I'm sorry it took me so long to get up and running on the site. Look forward to using the Victory 32 in the near future. I will take pictures and try to get them on this site,Ha Ha.

Thanks again my friend.

Brian
June 14, 2011 02:46PM
You are most welcome Brian.

Excellent. I hope it helps to make many enjoyable memories.

It will be there before 3 pm.

Glad to have you on the Rendezvous here. Welcome. We'll be glad to see what you care to share with us.

thumbs up

Gary
brd
June 15, 2011 04:27AM
Gary,

Recieved the Victory 32 today, one word, spectacular, This is one beautiful piece. I know your a father Gary, so you can only imagine Michael's excitement. Kent knew we were recieving the Victory today and extended an invintation to his home to shoot. We loaded up after work and off we went. Kent has as you know the perfect place. He is very knowledgeable with your pieces and is a wealth of information. He is a great teacher to both Michael and myself and as always is a very gracious host. I apreciate his friendship.

Michael went to town and hit several cans filled with water at 30 yards with no problem. He than movet to the 50 yard targets, than 75 and yes finally to the 150 yard targets which he hit as well on the first shot. He sighted in the third dot below the crosshairs and was right on. What an day. He looked at me an said "Dad, this is the greatest gift for us ever", Thank you Gary.

We did have some issues with the Hornaday Shot-0 Buckshot 0.320. it appeared to large to fit into the bore. of course we got out the micrometer and the reading for each round was 0.322 which was to large. These did fit into Kent's 32 cal. We used the micrometer on the buckshot you sent with the Victory and it was right on 0.32. Can you give tme the name of the brand or maker of the buckshot you sent along with the victory so that I can load up.

We didn't get away without firing a few Surefire slugs which was a real treat..

Gary, You have a great gift are through this have brought a lot of joy to many other people. Like I started off, spectacular, great job.

I'm interested in placiing an order for a musket 57-58 cal in the future when you can entertain orders.

I will take some pictures and attempt to post them on your site in the future.

Thanks again friend,,Regards,

Brian
brd
June 15, 2011 04:31AM
Gary,

I was anticipating a balance for the case and the scope. That was not included in the package. let me know and I will send it along.

Brian
June 15, 2011 01:16PM
Hello Brian,

I'll total receipts for the scope/mts/case/new truck tires .... whistling ... and send it along.

Glad the gun was as enjoyed and all works well!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 09:11PM by barnespneumatic.
June 15, 2011 07:41PM
Gary

The gun arrived,

Please take a look at my last two postings. Enjoy

Brian
June 15, 2011 08:41PM
Hello Brian,

For me, the forum began today with some clown who had signed up, only to post a bunch of spam. The forum picked this day, to be slow and unresponsive. I had to deal with the spam thing, while the forum was limping along. When I finally got the page to read, I saw your second post only ... the first, due to being a couple of pargraphs, was off screen above ... and my eye caught the second post as the red letter (new) one. I'm sorry I didn't see your nice post this am - it would have brightened my cup of coffee. coffee

I got Joe's forestocks fitted, photoed, and then another rifle packed and shipped. Just slid back in here to e-mail tracking numbers.

I'm delighted that you have been pleased. Gosh ... not only has it arrived, but you've all put it through it's paces. 150 yards! Way to go Michael ... clearly the gun is over spec., and must be immediately returned for study ... hahaha. wink

You are most welcome. Thank you for posting. Sorry I missed it ... which is rather typical of artistic types doing IP work .... laughing again

Best,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 09:08PM by barnespneumatic.
June 15, 2011 09:28PM
Regarding the buckshot.

I just searched my e-mails. This was a company my friend Tony found. He'd dealt with them 18 years ago. He recalled it as being "Bullet Weights Company". But - could find no web addy. He had a ph. no. .... 1-800-872-0131 and he called. Found that they did still make buckshot, in both soft lead and with 3% antimony. Sold in 25 pound bags only. About $3.20 per pound at that time. He bought the 3% ... and sent me some. I sent you some of that. Glad it works well. It did for me too. It doesn't not mic as perfectly round ... but it shoots very well. So much for tolerances ... haha.

I never checked my Hornady buck, after that whole mess with them discontinuing production of the O buck. Was not aware of chambering your rifle different. It's my intention to chamber as close as possible to the projectile size, and still allow good loading. Kent's Victory is one of the first. It will have been made from different tooling. Very close - same performance. I guess I chambered this one tighter.

Best,
Gary
June 16, 2011 02:21AM
Brian, Kent,

What did you shoot in the pistol/carbine, to shoot the 150 yard targets? What Surefire cast Barnes slugs did you use/try? We had tried hard, to get the correct configuration of the 4 ring 72 grain slugs. But, did not currently have the correct mold and sizer. Figured we'd work on that.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 02:22AM by barnespneumatic.
brd
June 16, 2011 02:34AM
Gary,

I Can't stop the spam. If there not doing it on the computer there spamming someone in real life. It's unfortunate and I'm sorry you had to deal with it. I hope your day tomorrow begins without the hassle.

Any thoughts to a muzzle loader? I don't need this anytime soon , it is something you can do at your convenience. I would really like to have it built by you Gary. Give it some thought and let me know.

Appreciate the information on the buckshot. I will call them tomorrow and order 25lbs. If you need some let me know. I'll be glad to send you some when it arrives.

Gary, believe it or not we shot the buckshot at 150 yards. we used a surefire slug that microed at 0.28 and Michael shot this at the 75 yard target. I think Kent said it was 72 grains but he will have to verify this for you.

Thanks again Gary, talk soon.

Brian
June 16, 2011 03:07AM
Hi Guys,
Michael, Brian and I had a great time last evening with the Victory. We had a little gun safety time to pass on some airgun specific lessons learned. They both are going to enjoy the gun safely. bad dude

Michael was doing very well handling the gun, both its workings and hitting targets consistently. Both he and his dad were impressed with the carnage left by the buck when hitting water filled soda cans at 25 yards. And yes, he did ring the steel at 150 yards on the big bore range. skeet

The buckshot you included worked very well. I wasn't able to give the box of Hornady buck due to the size difference, so I substituted an assortment of SureFire slugs of the .316 size which worked nicely. This barrel will be just the ticket for the new source of "32" buckshot. They're all set up with a tank, regulator and hose. I told them that with the 2800-3000 psi fill the Vic will shoot a ton of lead before the 4500 psi tank will need refilled. shooter with bench rifle

We weren't able to get to the woods walk in the hours after work and before dark but plan to do it on a cool day with a mixed group of kids and adults.hourglass

Take care,

Kent
June 16, 2011 05:49AM
Wow, what an awesome first day of shooting! Thanks for posting that, I appreciate the reminder of what it feels like to discover something new and fun and cool!

Really, going from 30 to 150 yards with an airgun...carbine at that! In one day?! Yeesh! smileys with beer
June 16, 2011 02:15PM
Well, I'm GobSmacked as our British friends would say. That gun is a pistol with a shoulder stock attachment. I think the barrel is 13" - which is long pistol - but we're talking PCP here. Amazing shooting - and with ball. Heck ... 100 mpg carburators should be no problem at all!!! haha.

I was shooting those slugs at .3145" on those exceptionally tight 50 yard groups I shot with the gun. If the .316" works well, on paper, and dowsn't drag down the fps ... that's good.

You guys have a perfect place to shoot. I hope you enjoy it very much.

thumbs up

Gary
brd
June 16, 2011 11:22PM
Gary,

I contacted Bullet Weight Co. in Nebrasks today and spoke with Sherry and than on to Penny. They had the .32 buckshot with 3% antimony for $2.90/lb. The minimum order was 25lbs., just like you said. 125 rounds per lb, thats 3125 rounds. That should last us a while.

Thanks for the information.

Brian
June 16, 2011 11:56PM
thumbs up

Excellent, I'm glad it worked out. That should get you thru the Wood's Walk!

Gary
June 16, 2011 11:43PM
Hi Brain

I am glad you guys are having fun with the victory. I spoke to hornaday today and they still have 0 buckshots in stock. They work well with my victory although a little oversize. You have options, enjoy.
June 16, 2011 11:57PM
Thanks Reggie,

Glad you've found several options too.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021