Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Survey: Your opinions

Survey: Your opinions
June 27, 2011 05:18PM
Might be enjoyable and enlightening:

1). What's the most useful airgun you have ever owned? (Based upon what features?)

2). Is the answser to question #1, actually the airgun you have shot the most?

3). Is the answer to question #1, the most favorite airgun you have owned?

4). Do you still have the airgun from question #1?

Let's share your answers, and compare.

Gary
June 27, 2011 09:44PM
Hi Gary,

The following are my answers to the survey: scholar

1) The Yukon II, based on simplicity, power and accuracy. I like to state here that I’m an air gun big bore freak.
2) No, the Yukon II gives me 55 to 60 shots per tank. But it’s the one that I have brought to the range the most and I feel most comfortable shooting.
3) Yes and there it’s a very close second, for the same reasons than the Yukon II is my favorite one.
4) Yes.

Julio
June 27, 2011 10:05PM
1) Benjamin .177 cal pump. Based purely on the fact that I had the time and the area to shoot it nearly everyday from ages 12-16, and it is a very memorable time.

2) Yes. See #1

3) Yes. See #1

4) Yes. And it still does not leak after 40 years.
June 28, 2011 12:09AM
Hi Gary

1. Crosman SSP. Rifle accuarcy in a pistol format/carbine with shoulder stock, easy exchange of caliber and light weight.

2. Yes

3. No

4. No, I made a mistake and traded it.
June 28, 2011 05:43AM
1-Air Arms S-400. Lightweight. Extremely accurate in 177. Very quiet.

2-Yes. I have fires thousands of shots with it.

3-So far...but the Nitro is growing on me. I see it as something completely different, though. Like comparing apples and oranges!
June 28, 2011 06:44AM
1). What's the most useful airgun you have ever owned? (Based upon what features?)
Springer, grab it and a pellet and you're done.

2). Is the answser to question #1, actually the airgun you have shot the most?
No, too slow and taxing to shoot a lot.

No, too inaccurate and typically unrefined.

A few.

I've not found an air gun that was a favorite for every shooting situation. Different guns provide different experiences.

Lon
June 28, 2011 07:54AM
1) Falcon .22. My first PCP, deadly accurate and packs a punch out past 100 yards on small game.

2) Yes

3) Yes, in smallbore...I have a favourite .50 cal, and I don't yet own a Barnes grinning smiley

4) Yes, this is a keeper.

Cheers

Neil
June 28, 2011 11:51AM
1. Air Arms S410E in .22. Absolutely silent, and deadly out to 75 yards on pests. The 10 round magazine is very functional.
2. Yes, several thousand rounds
3. I have several favorites for different reasons. This is the best varmint rifle to shoot in the yard, just the right amount of power and the neighbors don't hear it.
4. Yes. It comes out to play everytime I see a groundhog.
Anonymous User
June 28, 2011 07:12PM
Condor in 22 caliber. 2600 psi and alot of shots.#2 yes # 3 yes # 4 yes, I also own a beeman R7 and a sam yang 45 caliber.db
June 28, 2011 10:18PM
The Maverick (the Disco is a close second). The features are shootability by the whole family, quiet and accuracy. That gun killed enough squirrels that the scratching sound at night went away! It has also brought plenty of fun to the whole family as they learned to shoot without huge reports or recoil but still getting great accuracy, even with RB. The Maverick does everything I wanted it to do.

2). Is the answer to question #1, actually the airgun you have shot the most?
Hard to tell. I may have shot the Woodsman more but if all shooters are taken into account, absolutely.

No, my favorite is the Woodsman. A multipurpose, convertible gun that shoots slugs, shot or smaller slugs into half MOA at 100 yards (or groundhogs at 200)? I don't see how it couldn't be my favorite!

Absolutely, no way does that go anywhere!
June 29, 2011 08:30AM
1. Most useful, an IZH-46 that I bought about a dozen years ago. Very low power, but one-hole accurate at 10 meters. It's done more for my trigger control and sight alignment that anything else I've shot, and virtually for free. They were only about eighty bucks back then, and you can shoot a .177 all day for less than a box of .22LR costs.

2. No way, not ever close. I could shoot that (single shot) pistol forever and a day and never even approach the number of BBs I put through the old Crossman pump that I had when I was a kid. I must have shot my weight in BBs every year with that gun, not even counting pellets. Long gone now, but it was so worn-out that I doubt it had any rifling left at all by the time I left home.

3.Hard to pick a favorite, but I'm hoping that it's gonna be a Woodsman pretty soon. more innocent

4. I've still got the Baikal, probably hold onto that one for a while. They're about five bills now, which is actually far more in keeping with their construction quality.
June 29, 2011 11:35AM
1. Most useful: I'd have to say that's my .22 Marauder. It's basically silent, shoots off-the-rack pellets very well, very accurate for its price point, can run on as little as 2000psi, and is powerful enough to shoot groups @ 50 yards here at the house and throw small reactive targets around a little.

2. Nope; like others, when I was a kid, I had the ubiquitous Crosman 760 pump, through which I put many thousands of BBs and pellets. It's long gone - gave it to my girlfriend's little brother when I was in high school.

3. My favorite would have to be my Barnes Delta 45 Custom. I love big bore, and it makes shooting big bore so easy. You can literally cock it with one hand.

4. Yep, it's actually leaning against the wall in the corner of my office.

-- Jim
June 29, 2011 07:48PM
Well ... thanks for your posts.

Looking at the data, it occurs to me that you are all closet small bore shooters! whistling hahahah

I hardly know what to say. It's sort of like finding out that you bought your diploma off the net ... laughing

Well, they say that realizing the problem, is half the solution. grinning smiley

hahahah.

Gary
July 01, 2011 01:29AM
Ah! So you'll build me that Chaparral .25 I've wanted for years now? Juuuust kidding. Maybe.
I haven't posted in forever, but I still find that when I'm craving some quality chat and information it's the Rendezvous I come to every time.
Thank you everyone!
Scott
July 02, 2011 01:09PM
It comes down to convenience. Small bore means I can grab what I need in ten minutes and shoot silently right in the front yard. I don't need to tell you what's involved with setting up to shoot big bore. eye popping smiley I don't know anyone except for Kent who can just stick a .58 muzzle out the front door and push play.

-- Jim
June 29, 2011 08:01PM
Hey, we all gotta start somewhere.

And in retrospect, it's undoubtedly a damn good thing that 12-year olds CAN"T buy a .62 caliber airgun shooting 400+ grain lead slugs off the shelf at WallyWorldMart for thirty bucks. I did enough damage as it was with tiny little BBs, I shudder to think what would have happened to the back yard with 4-500 fl/lbs at my disposal. eye popping smiley
July 01, 2011 06:27AM
1. Most useful and used airgun i own? My Theoben Rapid .25. It simply does ANYTHING i need in an airgun. Its accuracy is repeatable from shoot to shoot to shoot, it never breaks or leaks, if it ever needs to be sighted in it only takes a few shots (honestly), it has a good shot count, it is highly moddible, its powerful, its quiet enough and then some for hunting outdoors, its got short range accuracy as well as long range accuracy, AND OH YEAH, ITS THE MOST EXPENSIVE AIRGUN I OWN SO HECK YEAH, IT SHOULD BE MY FAVORITE....LOL

2. YES
3. YES
4. YES

Geez, i feel late to this poststunned
July 01, 2011 11:49PM
That's alright Faz!

I know it's a long way from all those OTHER forums you scrounge around, to get over here. I'll bet your mouse is exhaused when it finally gets across the pad ... whistling

laughing
July 02, 2011 01:33AM
OK GB, i see you like staying in trouble with me huh? I'll get you back.

And by the way, i love this forum so....google eyes
July 02, 2011 02:01AM
July 08, 2011 02:49PM
1 diana 58 , i loved it at the time ,, it was always there to provide a bunny for the pot
2 yup , i probably shot it the most , or an old asi sniper i had at the same time . rougher , and didnt mind getting it wet and dirty.
3 fave has to be my whiscombe , worthy of a google if your not familiar with them , they are a funny beast.
4 dianas long gone , i was twelve or thirteen , im heading for fifty now.
5 thats the one im going to treat myself to ,,,,, stainless wallnut and all.
July 08, 2011 03:54PM
Hello Tom,

Thanks to all for commenting. I hope more will join in.

Sure, we know about Mr. Whiscombe's fine work. Counter-opposing twin pistons.

Hope you are well, and Ireland's still green.

Gary
Anonymous User
July 10, 2011 03:49AM
Well my first airgun was a Daisy model 1894 BB repeater. Wish I still had it, all metal and wood, very authentic right down to the saddle ring. I learned some valuable lessons with that gun, one of which cost me a whole Saturday replacing electric fence insulators that I shot off. Great fun while it lasted but it wasn't worth the hide I lost or the embarrasment of having to tell Mr. Hall who attacked his fence. red faced

Guess my next most used airgun was a Diana model 48 in .22 I bought 25 years later when I re-discovered airguns. It was a love hate relationship until I figured out how to shoot a springer. That gun would rattle the filling out of your teeth but I managed to kill a truck bed full of squirrels with it in the time I owned it. Then I discovered PCP airguns, the 48 was sacraficed and a AA410 ext fac was my gun for a while. Very accurate, quiet, and excellent hunting gun.
It was somewhere about that time that I stumbled across a very young and talented bigbore airgun maker, and my life has never been the same since. wow Bigbores hold a very special place in my mind with airguns, just something about doing it with air that feels good to me.
July 10, 2011 11:00AM
It's been a while I posted, but I have yet came and read topics every now and then... So I'm one of those lurkers who posts seldom winking smiley

1) Either my Steyr LG 110 high power, or my 909 I cannot decide. Steyr taugh me to shoot the best and 909 taugh me how airguns work and behave when modified. Of course I have dismantled my steyr too, and investigated how its regulator and whole mechanism works

2) Have shot Steyr the most (recently), twice a week in 50 meter indoors range (about 150 shots per time). I live in northern EU and in a city, and because of these things I have to shoot indoors most of the year, if I want to shoot so that I make some progress as a shooter. In summer time, like now I could and must shoot outdoors, because indoors range is closed. Of course it is possible to shoot outdors in winter time too, but only really tough ones will stand stationary couple hours in the wind and snowing, twice a week (below zero degrees ceicius = below 30 fahrenheit), LOL.

3) Yes those two are my favourite guns...

4) Of course.

I would like to have hand made airgun, like Barnes, but what can I do because of geographical location. One guy here made a really nice big bore airgun himself... so, should I start a project..? Seriously though, we really made new rifled barrel to my 909 but I'm not sure about whole gun (I'm lacking machinery for that, and old gun smith who helped me with the barrel is not in good health...)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021