Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Great Note

Great Note
July 14, 2011 02:13PM
Got a mail from Hugh's Smart Phone. I couldn't pick up the enclosed pic though, without having to load some new program.

Copy:

Gary,

See if you can view this link. It is my daughter shooting your rifle for the first time. The steel targets are swinging at 100 yards. We were shooting the 450 gr slugs sized to .464 at 2900 psi. On paper grouping 2" at 100 yards. Did not chrony this load yet, but it is pretty accurate. If sighted in at 50, it is dropping about 8" at 100. I have it zeroed at 100 yards. Getting about 50 shots from full charge on my AirHog 88 cu ft tank. Fantastic fun. Have not worked on the Bishops much yet. Do they suck less air? Everyone at the range wants to shoot it! And I let them! winking smiley

Hugh

End Copy.

Wonderful to know the gun is being used, and enjoyed! Thanks Hugh.

Gary
July 14, 2011 10:30PM
Awesome! I hope the connection issues clear up and we can enjoy some pictures soon.
July 15, 2011 02:46AM
Maybe I can direct his pics to you. It's an issue between his smart phone and my woodburning laptop, I think.

Gary
July 15, 2011 03:09AM
Might as well try...
July 18, 2011 10:19AM
The little video is posted on the Apple, MobileMe site. Generally just needs Quicktime to play.
July 18, 2011 03:48PM
Hello Hugh,

I have Quicktime. Thanks. It was asking me to sign up and download the MobileMe thingie.

If you have a url, we'd enjoy seeing it.

Glad you are shooting!

Gary
July 18, 2011 10:10PM
I expect photobucket can handle a quicktime file. Just need to figure out how to get it there...
July 19, 2011 01:23AM
[db.tt]

Hugh sent me the link. Great vid. of his daughter shooting the Nitro Express at the range. Hope it works.

Gary
July 20, 2011 05:35PM
The link doesn't work for me. But I am imagining the video and it looks great!wow
July 20, 2011 06:35PM
Hello Scott,

You will need Quicktime to view it. That's usually available free - I used to use www.tucows.com I don't even know if it is still on-line.

Neat video though. Hugh's daughter does a fine job of ringing the steel at 100 yards with her first shot! Nice smile from the young lady.

Gary
August 02, 2011 02:13AM
Great to see the kids out at the range. Seems many of Barnes' owners have kids who are responsible and enjoy sharing the experience with their family. We've always had a great turnout at the shoots with the youth. We have even had a few trophies leave with them! They seem to gravitate toward the bigbore guns rather quickly. Keep up the good work parents.

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021