Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Greetings all!

Greetings all!
July 27, 2011 01:25AM
Hello everyone. I'm Darryl, and this is my first post here. I call Cincinnati, Ohio home. Born and raised here.

I've recently returned to air guns, buying some Chinese springers to get me reacquainted with the sport within the last year. Then I moved on to RWS side-levers (selling off the Chinese-made springers to help fund them). But I shoot wit a bunch of guys in the Middletown, Ohio area, and they moved into PCPs. Well they are a bad influence on me, but my wallet made me start out small. Besides, I can't run up there when ever I want to shoot, so I needed something that was back yard, and neighbor-friendly. I began researching the myriad PCPs available, and feeling out my basic shooting requirements. I came up with two different PCPs , and by selling off some things I was able to (again) raise money to get in the game. The initial cost of entry was a bit difficult to reckon with, but here's where I'm at:
*Benjamin Marauder pistol (found #93 of the first 100)
* S200_CZ_TGAG_Scout (.177) It's the same rifle as the Air Arms S200. It is Czech made, as is the AA-S200.

I also bought 17CF tank which fills to 4500 psi, but I've only found a scuba shop in my area that fills to 4000. I just introduced these to my friends at a meet last Saturday.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this site. Can't have too many resources. I'm also on the Yellow, and the GTA; known on both as "darryl"

Pleases to meet-cha!
Scout GTA5.jpg
Scout GTA4.jpg
Scout and scope GTA1.jpg
July 27, 2011 03:22AM
Welcome aboard! Nice looking guns there.
July 27, 2011 03:29AM
Hello Darryl,

Welcome aboard! and thanks for showing your air guns. They look really nice.

Julio
July 27, 2011 11:05AM
Thank you!
July 27, 2011 01:53PM
Hello Darryl,

Welcome to the Rendezvous. I hope you enjoy it here.

Thanks for your post. It seems like you have a sound plan there, for enjoying the various types of airguns.

I'm honestly not familiar with many production guns. They look just fine. I'm curious as to how the Scout model uses the two pc. stock. Does that allow access to something? Perhaps threading reservoirs on and off?

Great to have you join us.

Gary
July 27, 2011 05:07PM
Hi Gary,
Thanks for the greets! Much appreciated here.

As for my rifles, I've moved away from springers, though I love the RWS side levers (I still own the RWS-52). I've made purchases more appropriate to my shooting environment. Though I can infrequently get to a shooting meet, the majority of my shooting is actually done right here at home, and most of that is paper punching in my basement. Sometimes I can shoot outside, and only recently felt comfortable to shoot in my back yard with the very quiet P-Rod (I've added a quieting shroud extension to it). Don't ask about shooting from y front porch! Anyway, the two rifles I show here are of medium power. The Scout has a loud snap, but I have an LDC on order to quiet it down, and make it backyard friendly.

As for the two-piece stock on the Scout, I'm glad you asked. This rifle comes to the as a British design. In Britain air rifles are limited to 12FPE unless one has a special licence. Some models have their adjustments more or less permanently sealed against tampering, but not in this case. So removing the stock allows access to an adjustment screw which adds or takes way tension from the striker's spring. More tension on the spring, and the striker hits harder, releasing more air for more power. There is also an adjustment on the right side (access hole can be barely seen directly across to the right of the larger screw in the rear stock, below the loading port) That adjusts a port to allow more or less air). I've made a wag adjustment to both, based on others' experiences.

These two rifles are far easier to shoot outside than the louder springers I own. Unlike some I'm not looking for a large collection, but rather a few select pieces. To that end I've sold several rifles and one Browning_800 pistol. I do still have the odd little Cometa Indian pistol. It only does 480FPS, but it has an excellent barrel and low recoil. It's as accurate as I am, and I'm not really that good with a pistol. Sometimes I can hit something 30 yards out but I'm batting .300 with that venture.
just a few pictures of my last side lever, RWS-52/.177
thanks again,
darryl
52 177GTA1.jpg
52 177GTA2.jpg
52 177GTA4.jpg
52 177GTA5.jpg
52 177GTA3.jpg
July 27, 2011 06:50PM
Hello Darrryl
Nice guns, but be warned, if you hang around here too long you'll be wanting a big bore!
Regards
Neil
July 27, 2011 07:27PM
Daryl :

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here
Everyone here has a love for airguns and pretty good folks besides.

Neil is right though...be warned.
Karl
July 27, 2011 07:55PM
A big bore? Who? Me? I hope not! That would mean a much larger tank, and more wide open spaces. I'm a bit restricted on the latter, and wishing for the former. I've used up all my "good-hubby dust" for now. I think I can resist the siren song of large calibers for now. But who knows what the future will bring. A month ago I was "springers forever, and with peep sights only!" Now look at me; a sad shadow of myself wishing I'd bought a larger air tank! skeet
I think you guys may lead to my ultimate ruination if I listen to you! my back yard from this past winter (my front yard view of the golf course too)
Big bore indeed! grinning smiley
darryl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2011 07:58PM by darryl.
My outdoors 003.jpg
My outdoors 004.jpg
July 28, 2011 12:49PM
singing 25,30,32,38 ...... 45,46,50,56 ..... 58,62,87 cal-ah-bore .... whistling

hahahah. Nah ... we're just a bunch of stamp collectors who lost our magnifying glasses .... laughing

Glad you joined us. Thanks for the pics. Yes - you need to invest in large bullet traps. Neighbors will wonder why you decided to plant that ten foot hedge along the back of the property. hehehe.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021