Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Because ...

Because ...
August 26, 2011 07:48PM
Orion, Joe's gun, Hawk, 32 Magnum ... what's up?

The usual. Best plans are thwarted.

I've been working with the DNR in Maryland in the hunting regulations. Looked like we were gonna have a great test shoot tomorrow. Then, we got this hurricane on the coast. Didn't help. Jerry can't come. DNR can't come. Jim can't come.

I've tried to get various things accomplished. All the way back to when I was fighting to get to the bluing shop. Needed salts, and had to make longer bluing tanks. I was a month short of being elegible for injections ... and that made a month in agony. Worst in years. Worked much of it - just couldn't for some of it. During the time, as you recall, I mentioned I was trying to get just one or two extra guns out the door, just to keep up with obligations. Well, they take time, and ... one after the other ... it didn't suit the perspective buyers. Therefore, I ceased work on those.

Now ... you've wondered "What in the heck is he doing?" Carved stock here ... no gun. Then an action ... no range test. Then, another carved stock. Then, another carved stock. Well, what is the parallel situation in your work? Trying to get people from the West Coast and East Coast to a big meeting ... and management can't even decide if the meeting will happen ... because there's a hurricane on the coast? Maybe you have a project to present that you've worked on for six weeks, your big presentation was to be the day after the earthquake ... and your building in closed and inspectors aren't sure when they can get to it. Happens to everyone. But - we're not all reading your blog.

So; yes ... guns all over the place in different stages. Just trying to determine which one to work on is difficult, to accomplish the goals. Each stage takes days ... and then you often find out it was the wrong one to have been working on. You did good work, but it wasn't going to produce then. So; it waits - thankfully the parts wait well. You move on. Then, I had that medication reaction .... what a load of grief that was.

Since that time, I've pushingarock pushed the rock. Bummer about the DNR range shoot. We'll reschedule, but not with several collectors and their big bores.

So; I'm onto the next thing today. There are reasons for the seeming chaos. I know .. it would all be simple if I dropped all else and did your project. It's sooooo obvious. why me

Gary
Anonymous User
August 26, 2011 08:38PM
Murphy,s law and watch out for the storm.......be safe
August 26, 2011 10:48PM
ThanksDon,

Hope the coast does OK.

We are way inland.

Now - Jerry is in Southern Md. Hope all's well there. Supposed to get weather late tomorrow.

Gary
August 26, 2011 11:07PM
Yea, looks like i moved just in time.! I for one am NOT going to miss the mess this storm will make of the East Coast.
I am sorry for all of you who still live on it, wish you ALL the Best Of Luck.

Rick G.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021