Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Last Several Month's Work

Last Several Month's Work
September 09, 2011 07:23PM
I was working with the picture files, and just noted some of the things I've done in the last several months. I've limited the pics to simply things which were finished (or 99.5% so). Doesn't include all the stuff that was worked on in the shop. Parts prepared for bluing ... making new bluing tanks ... fixing equipment ... maintenance.

I'll show the few pics ...

a_Victory32.jpg

Completed Reggie's Ledger Order for this great Victory 32 with Carbine stock.

Victory Pistol Carbine 011.JPG

Completed Brian's Order for this fine Victory 32 with Carbine stock.

a_castingkit3.jpg

Made up this set of Casting and Sizing Tools for Hugh's Nitro Express 46 Magnum

a_Alpine9.jpg

Restored the Alpine 45 which had been cosmetically damaged.

a_NitroExpressMagnum.jpg

Completed Hugh's 46 Nitro Express Magnum to fill his ledger spot.

a_ExpeditionCases.jpg

Made a couple of speculation pcs. to pay the bills

A_32Mag_doorway.jpg

Made this great 32 Magnum to kick off the Gun Room, and Reverse Ledger Program.
Another satisfying series of checks sent to the Surgery Center, the Insurance People, Power company, suppliers, etc. typing

a_Chameleon50cal.jpg

Made this exciting 50 caliber Chameleon Hybrid rifle to fill Joe Hoover's Ledger Spot.

And, there are a pile of carved stocks in the rack. And half a ton of parts blued in the bins.

Why review? Well ... because, according to responces I receive ... I can easily dwell in the gloom of thinking that I don't get a darned thing done.

ab _Chat.jpg

I have little chats with folks. Something like the 9-11 anniversary ... anything that reminds people of the passage of time (Christmas Eve is a good one) ... prompts feelings of "HEY ... Where in the heck IS that guy, anyway!" Generally, because I don't have one of the more "respectable" conditions ... it's assumed that the passage of several months should give me enough time to heal and catch up.

As you well know ... I post about everything you can stand to read. I'm hardly hiding out. Hardly closed lipped regarding what's going on. Problem comes when the efforts I make to be public go unread. And, of course, so will this one ... for the good folks who will write to me at Thanksgiving and make it clear they have no idea what I've been up to for six months.

So; I've posted these few completed things. They were a lot of work. Much of it done in some pretty severe pain. I don't get to glory much in the finished stuff. Much of it disappears like smoke, and is never seen again. Mainly, I live defending the spoken or implied charge that I've really had enough time to do more, and an explanation is required. So; here's yet another.

smiling smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 07:41PM by barnespneumatic.
September 09, 2011 07:39PM
gary, sit back and relax for a job(s) well done. have a beer or coffee on me! satisfying to get things done and more so to think of the future.
steve
September 10, 2011 02:12AM
A nice collection to be proud of.
Anonymous User
September 10, 2011 03:36AM
I like this 32, they are very accuate and compact.
September 10, 2011 03:47AM
That's true Don,

They are that. Much of the time, this is all you'd need. Especially for any type of shooting at home. I'm sure these get used more then any others.

The fire breathers attract the most interest, and leave more people slack jawed when they are first exposed to big bore airguns. If you want to just dumbfound your buds ... then you really "need" a 45 or larger. But ... if you are going to do some pest control ... and don't have access to a range or quarry ... then the Victory Class is King.

Gary
September 10, 2011 03:41AM
A few more pics. I was looking at the files again. Here's the detail from some completed guns, and some nearly so ...

Well, as I think about it ... all the work shown IS completed. It's represents hundreds of hours spent, and that part is completed.

I know I have a few raw nerves. I'm pretty burnt out and could use a break. But - you think about sitting and doing all this work, and then trying to explain why more isn't finished. All I can do is just post the work, as it happens.

thumbs up Thanks for looking ... take a bow
Stock - in oil 008.JPG
Stock - in oil 002.JPG
Trigger guard 002.JPG
Trigger guard 003.JPG
a_Hawk_carving2.jpg
a_Hawk_carving4.jpg
Victory Pistol Carbine 006.JPG
a_NitroCarving.jpg
a_NitroForeCarving.jpg
a_Carving_Nitro_Hagan.jpg
a_tower_engraving.jpg
Engraving 018.JPG
Engraving 031a.jpg
a_butler.jpg
Anonymous User
September 10, 2011 03:45AM
Wow, someone has been busy. Glad you are feeling better........
September 10, 2011 03:55AM
Hello Don,

Not to put too fine a point on it ... but, just so the main point remains in focus ... I did most of this stuff thru chronic pain, with horrible headaches, and fatigue. Don't get the idea this all came about "Because" I felt better. I didn't. This was compiled over the last several to six months - as best I could work, when I could work. I have a standard of work, and I know when I can't do it. Just have to quit many times when I want to work.

I have been busy - you are correct. But, I've been stopped in my tracks a hundred times. Never know what a day will bring. That's simply why I just cannot project what is going to get done and when.

Gary
September 10, 2011 08:59AM
Dang, it's got me beat all to heck. About all I did last month was dishes, and laundry, and bills. Maybe smoked a batch of sockeye, but that's about the level of ambition that I managed.

Not too shabby, Mr. B. Weights
Anonymous User
September 10, 2011 03:01PM
Smoked sockeye sound,s good. And the picture set up is easy. Thought i would give it a shot with this old laptop. The next will be short movies. Any idea,s if a 17 year old daughter,s computer can mess up a new nikon camera?
September 10, 2011 07:33PM
I've seen clunky drivers lock up a computer, but never the other way around...so far. scared Not that I would say that it's not possible, since digital cameras are basically a computer with a nice lens on the front.

I hope that this is not the trend of the future, where expensive electronic doo-dads can "catch sick" from each other like a bunch of toddlers sharing toys at the preschool. sad smiley At least when the kid gets a new bug it generally works its way through the system and they get better more or less by themselves.

I'm still undecided whether it's better to clean barf off the rug at 2:00 AM, instead of wasting half a day on the phone trying to get ahold of some "customer service" guy in Bangladash.
September 11, 2011 02:30AM
Molds and sizing tools in constant use. A joy to use!

Hugh
September 11, 2011 02:59PM
That's great to hear! Glad they work well.

smileys with beer

Gary
September 11, 2011 03:56AM
That's a great bunch of work there Gary! Each and everyone more expertly detailed than the previous.

I'm wondering if anyone has noticed various periods in Gary's work? It seems to me that only an artist fluent in so many mediums could have given us such a plethora of unique pieces.

Thanks for sharing Gary.
September 11, 2011 06:25PM
I agree with Kent, A fine display of a wide range of artistic skills and outcomes.
Never doubted you were busy beavering away Gary!
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021