Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Going out with some shot shells .... Starting Pics and Videos

Going out with some shot shells .... Starting Pics and Videos
September 13, 2011 08:39PM
and Joe's rifle. I'll be back in a bit.

GAry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 11:45PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Going out with some shot shells ....
September 13, 2011 08:42PM
I took video of making them. I'll post a How To video seminar.

I made some plywood critters. Gonna blast those and video it.

Only thing I don't have is Cedric! why me

Drop back later now ... if the gophers don't get me ... we'll have some plywood stew. fudd

Gary
September 13, 2011 09:34PM
Hi Gary,

Good luck in your outing. Me, sitting here behind my desk.... feeling a bit of envy...

Julio
September 13, 2011 09:41PM
excellent, can't wait to see the vids. love "how to" video
steve
September 13, 2011 10:34PM
Guys, I'm back. It could not have gone better!!! PERFECT!!!!!

I have to have one of these ... heheh.

I have a ton of videos, and a ton of pictures.

I have to process it all. Will take a while.

After I eat (now) ... I'll post some stills. You can chew on those while I do the videos.

Oh ... BTW ... LOVE the new phone too. Wonderful thing. The camera on it (5 meg) seems to focus great and love the easy touch to snap the pic. Can't wait to download them and see the first ones here.

Was a great outing, even though short. The camera's battery died. Good thing I delayed going by about 15 minutes to put it on the charger. It lasted just long enough.

GAry
September 13, 2011 11:55PM
a_iPh_rabbit_Chameleon.jpg

One of our volunteers for the range test.

I made up some easy tooling, and then made up about a dozen shot shells. Based upon my research with the Justice 87, I now knew some things about making shot shells for airgun use.

I have movies - I have to process them. But ... here you see the finished shells. You see the weight of each on the side. Note how nicely they fit the breech and load wonderful. Then, when they fire, the section where the card stock hull was wrapped and taped survives the blast. The rest of the hull turns to confetti. The shells open great. They make a nice pattern.

I filled these with BBB buckshot. Each one of those is about .190" diameter. We'll count the number of them in a pic later.

One trick is to get the shot shell to open, and not just fly as a wad of shot, tape, and card stock ... as a slug. But, I cracked that long ago. You have to allow the base of the shell to have it's base wadding exposed to the blast. I used a simple waffer of 7/16" dowel stock. About as thick as a nickel ... it's only covered by the tough narrow edge of the rolled over card stock. The blast opens the shell perfectly.

I've gone to a bunch of trouble to make the gun a breech loader. It's smooth and simple. And, this shell is about all the weight the gun should shoot for a nice fast shot. So, you can muzzle load if you wish. Or, make some shot shells and keep them in your vest or shirt pocket.

a_iPh_rabbit_Chameleon_shot_shell.jpg

Here's a shell going into the breech.

a_iPh_rabbit_Chameleon_shot_shell_hulls.jpg

Here's what's left. They collect in a pile about 10 yards from the muzzle.

Much, much more as I process it.

Couldn't have possibly worked any better. thumbs up

Oh ... these are pics from my iPhone too. Love it!!!

Gary
Anonymous User
September 14, 2011 03:01AM
Wow, that is bigger than I was expecting, don't know why but it looked longer laying there in the breech than I imagined. That poor rabbit is about to have a really bad day, heheheheelectrified
I'm taking notes on the shells, a few of those thrown in my pocket when deer hunting will do the trick on an old tom if one happens by. It's looking great Gary, can't wait to see some more bud.
September 14, 2011 03:47AM
Hi Joe,

It could not have worked better. The shells worked like a dream. I have a bunch of video. The evening has been full. I've had some of the video cooking ... will see if it's done.

Gary
September 14, 2011 05:05AM
Gary,

Standing by.

imagesCA9WQKJS.jpg
September 14, 2011 05:12AM
Hi Lon,

Check the other thread now. I just posted a good "How To" movie.

Still have quite a few more movie clips to edit and post tomorrow. Clips of shooting.

Gary
September 15, 2011 04:46AM
Very well done GB. Those are some good pic for a cell phone...wow. I have to admit, i'm real old school when it comes to cell phones
September 15, 2011 02:58PM
You mean you still have your "Brick"? whistling

hehehe.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021