Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Recertified Tundra 45 Magnum

Recertified Tundra 45 Magnum
September 15, 2011 01:28AM
I was honored to help the estate of James Hahn with the sale of Jim's Tundra 45 Magnum. Jim bought a couple of guns from me, and enjoyed shooting. My early site pages show targets and pics he sent in. I lost touch with Jim, and was very sorry to learn of his passing.

I carefully went thru the rifle. I decided to refinish the stocks, and reblue the barrel. There was some clean up. I resealed and reassembled the rifle. It will function as new, and for all practical purposes, it is. I placed the rifle with a friend and customer who had talked about this exact rifle, for years. I made a few dollars for my work. The estate made the far greater bulk of the sale.

I thought some might enjoy seeing the pc., once again.

a_Tundra45Mag4.jpg

a_Tundra45Mag3.jpg

This exact rifle is also featured in one of the early movies - shooting blocks at 100 yards at a previous range I used.

I'll take it to the range now, and make sure all is adjusted correctly. Then it will be with the new owner.

Best,
Gary
September 15, 2011 02:16AM
Wow Gary,

This Tundra is a true classic. Thanks for showing it to us. The new owner will enjoy it. How good is that?

Best,

Julio
September 15, 2011 02:57AM
Hold it, the post office is closed this week, Fortunately I can come up to help test the gun...

I don't know if there is really a "classic Barnes" but if there is, this gun is in the category.
September 15, 2011 03:21AM
Ah ... I didn't get the memo on the Post Office closing ... more confused ... are you sure?? USA!  USA!

Yeah - this is a neat gun.

Nice thing too ... this is real close to one of the formats the Yukon Orion Series could take. The action could be stocked this way. Who knew?

Gary
September 15, 2011 04:10PM
Cool!"festive"
September 15, 2011 10:05AM
Here's that video with the wooden blocks:

[www.glbarnes.com]

and

[www.glbarnes.com]

Man, that rifle looks as new . . . very nice Gary. smileys with beer

-- Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2011 10:07AM by admin.
Anonymous User
September 18, 2011 03:20PM
Like this work, these are prohibited in China. We only appreciate
Structure you can send us some details?
September 18, 2011 04:40PM
By details, I assume you mean power and velocity and accuracy figures. I believe that gun makes about 500 FPE and shoots 1 MOA @100 yards.
Anonymous User
September 19, 2011 12:11AM
I mean some internal structure detail pictures
September 19, 2011 12:51AM
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not .... this post is simply absurd.

In addition; I just got a mail from a good customer, telling me he'd recieved mail from you, asking for detailed internal pics of his gun too.

You're busted Dude. Guess you can't be nice to people that you know you shouldn't be nice to.

Don't come back. Jerry, I wonder if you'd show our friend the way out ... take a bow

I'll let this for a short while ... just to show the readers that being paranoid comes from experience.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 01:03AM by barnespneumatic.
September 19, 2011 02:19AM
User deleted.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021