Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sunday, Sunday

Sunday, Sunday
September 19, 2011 02:54AM
Julio,

I tried to get you some trial slugs from this newly discovered mold. I didn't have a proper set of Barnes handles to fit the mold blocks ... they were evidently used otherwise. I fitted a pr. that were an early prototype Barnes design - lighter. They were too springy. After casting a bunch of slugs for you, I noted that it was possible to get a flex in the blocks - changing the registry. So; I melted the slugs. I'll have to make a new proper set to cast the blocks, then if they work, you can get them thru Jerry.

Joe,

I completed the mold set for you. Will ship it with your gun so you can quickly begin to get ready for hunting season.

Question:

Hey - who did I loan my aluminum ribbed rifle case to? That one was a gift from Kelly. I'm pretty sure that it was supposed to be shipped back empty. I won't squeal on you if you find you have it. ;?)

Business:

Seems we allowed a guy in that just wanted to mine data from our membership. I was notified that he was stalking private e-mail accounts. I'd have wished for a better use of our 10,000th post ... but Jerry holds the distinction of making the 10,000th forum post with "User deleted". This is why I just can't show more fun stuff. Some people simply have no conscious remorse regarding stealing you blind. Old school honor is not common everywhere.

Hope your Monday starts off well. Time for cereal here ...

Night.
Gary
Anonymous User
September 19, 2011 04:13AM
Thanks Gary, and I'm off next week end too. Now if the weather will just be nice it should be a great couple of days.
September 19, 2011 12:13PM
Ya see Joe ...

Can I "Plan things" ... or what!!! whistling

hahaha

Hope it makes a good memory.

Gary
September 19, 2011 11:29AM
Hi Gary,

I hope that your week gets better. Thanks for helping me with the 8mm new mold. That's what I call customer support.

PS: I don't have the aluminum ribbed riffle case.

Julio
September 19, 2011 02:13PM
Pity about that fellow who tried to steal your stuff. I strongly suspected that was his motivation, but (like you and Jerry) gave him the "benefit of the doubt" until he proved otherwise. Those who can, do. Those who can't, copy. bowing -- Far East

Great to see lots of stuff moving thru the Barnes pipeline! Weights

-- Jim
September 19, 2011 09:20PM
yea, pity.gonna ruin it for the rest of us.... no more goodies from Gary.... I will miss the Fun posts and I'm sure Gary will miss producing them.
steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 09:26PM by watchman.
September 19, 2011 11:02PM
Hi Steve,

I'm not closing up shop. That is just why I can't show so many of the things that people want to see.

Always have to be watching your back and double checking every pic you take. It's good that we've had very, very little trouble here with our group. We've known each other for years. Of course, that's those of us who post and converse. Can't speak for everybody out there in their boxers and wingtips ...

I had a guy tell me recently, some guy in China wanted him to break an airgun down (not mine) and ship/sneak it into China in pcs. to avoid the customs. Of course, the guy refused and told the guy to pound sand. People will ask you to do absolutely anything to suit what they want to get from you.

Gary
September 19, 2011 11:23PM
oh, i figured you weren't closing but curtailing the "fun stuff". too bad you couldn't have a protected members area..... not that you don't have enough on your plate. Stick with it, there are honest and appreciative people out there.
steve
September 20, 2011 12:49AM
Hi Steve,

Well, I have a cuppa coffee, so ...(well ... and a cookie too whistling ) ..... so, I'll do a bit .... OK FINE ... I have TWO COOKIES!

Regarding what can be shown and/or talked about. It's a twisted tale. Cedric referred to allllllll the things I do to make this a business, and to keep people entertained and informed. It's a zoo. And, it's complicated by the fact that we are all so different.

Just notice how readers scatter if anything political or religous is mentioned on here. It's supposed to be the rule that you don't talk politics or religion at parties. The thing is ... what makes us mostly what we are? Right. I'm a Christian Conservative. I don't care who knows it. This is why I bust my butt to meet my obligations. It's why I don't lie to you, and you get more than you pay for. To be politically correct, I should add in the disclaimer that ... "Well, I realize that I'm not special, and everybody is equally worthy, and fuzzy". Well, I'm not gonna say that.

So;

There are all categories of people. All backgrounds. And, people are not going to change who they are because my work interests them. So; if they are one of those types that think that "all knowledge should be shared". Then they will blab anything they see or share anything they purchase. If they think that "Nobody should really be a winner, and someone else the looser" ... then, once again, they will think they are balancing the planet out by taking what I've worked to learn and giving it away for free. Then, there are the folks that think we're all just animals on the African Savannah. The most cunning predator wins. So; if they can find a way to gain access - they will. Private people? Right ... I bought it and I'll darned well do what I please with it. And, it goes on.

Now ... I'm a craftsman. I'm not Dr. Phil. But, I have to deal with every type there is; while trying to keep my business healthy and my developments within my business. It's not simple. And, people don't have to be cunning or deceitful to make trouble. They can just be careless, or excited ... and show or share things. I delivered a gun to a fellow at one function. I made it very clear that it performed so well because I it's special projectile, which I wanted to keep in house, for my customers. Literally, inside of one week, he had taken the gun, and the special slug, to another maker for study. You just have to wonder why. I used to plan invitational shoots - small shoots. And, I planned them. I did all the work. The guests were my customers. So; we kept it centered around my guns. Well, a friend came to me and said ... "Hey ... I didn't know what to do ... but XXXXXXX was just over there trying to get the host to do another show here, and cut you out." stunned It's amazing. Right, and as it all spins, I make the guns. I wonder why everybody doesn't do this? hahaha. ;?) So; it's simply not possible to have an insider's club. I don't have the time. Don't have the stomach for it.

Let me post some pics elsewhere on another topic ...

Gary
September 20, 2011 03:43AM
well, it's late bout 11:35 and i've had another pot of coffee and a sandwich... the cookies top it off before i go to bed. i understand your post and recall " friends" who would try to steal a tasty deal right out from under me. in my own shop no less.
steve
September 20, 2011 05:08AM
Sorry the worm tried to ruin it for the rest of us good apples.

Gary is the case in question the aluminum case that I had the Grey Fox in when I visited last month? It has "Gear Guide" label. If you need a picture to know, I'll be happy to provide.

Kent
September 20, 2011 04:00PM
YOU!

I can't BELIEVE that you pinched my case. hahahah. laughing

I'm not sure. One day, I'll look around your shop, and see if there's any cases (or lathes) I can use. hahah.

At least I know it's got a good home til I pick it up.

thumbs up

Gary
September 20, 2011 05:44AM
I get it (the privacy issue) and I don't got it (the aluminum case). nerd
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021