The Bear Comes Out to Play VIDEO
September 20, 2011 04:08AM
[s602.photobucket.com]

Is any explanation necessary?

Ok, Ok. I'll add some laterself-hammer

Kent
Re: The Bear Comes Out to Play VIDEO
September 20, 2011 04:26AM
bravo, well done. last one in particular......... i was grinning when i heard the sound and saw that "flash". well done emily..
steve
September 20, 2011 04:52AM
Thanks, There are a few older clips that still make me smile as well. "festive" You did notice that she cocked the 700 ft/lbs airgun! Hard to hold back the smiles when shooting a Barnes, just look at the Bear!nowthatIthink
September 20, 2011 07:27AM
Hey ! Someone shot that poor bear whan it was just about to have a swig of Coke! Unfair! Could have waited a little for it to have its last supper......whistling
Ummm, actually, nice shooting Kent thumbs up
Cheers
Neil
September 20, 2011 03:36PM
Hey Kent!

You now have Cedric on staff? laughing Nice editing ... gee, I'm gonna have to stick with making guns ... heheh.

That's a keeper.

Thanks for posting.

Gary
September 20, 2011 04:18PM
Nice video Kent!take a bow You are raising the bar very high. I love to see the targets reacting. That one was a tough one for sure, five cans plus four bottles and the slugs kept its straight path with enough energy to hurt the bear. Great shot!thumbs up

Juliofish
September 20, 2011 07:19PM
LOVE that video of Miss Emily shooting the Chief Justice!!! That's just full of great moments. Love the one handed setting of the hammer.

Love the sound! Which camera was that Kent? That sounds like you dumped a crate of plow shears on the concrete floor ... laughing ... which is what it sounds like in person. I can only seem to get a mild "peep" on film myself.

Great stuff.

It pays to have a professional spokes model to make you look good!

thumbs up

Gary
September 20, 2011 10:06PM
That was the Casio, same as this shot. You know In the highspeed mode the sound is off, I think. I'l have to get in the foley studio and slap some beef while I throw the Mentos in the diet Coke. (jamming)

The shot was only at 20 ids but as anyone who has tried to Chrony a slug knows, sometimes it is hard to get the front and rear lined up. This single shot worked out well with only a little leftward drift. Talk about your "brush bucking" bullet. This travel a yard from first contact to last even thru different densities which tend to "bend" the trajectory. I'm sure Jerry knows the ballistics better, but I recall seeing a D-Day doc that showed how even high velocity FMJ ammo really loses energy quickly in water. I think they said that within 2 or 3 feet of travel it is non-lethal. Knowing bear's toughness, I wouldn't have traded places with him!

No one commented on the crack in the Grey Fox stock? It caught Kelli's and my eye in the big pic.

Kent
September 21, 2011 12:53AM
Hi Kent,

After watching the video a few times, I got a question for you:

Kent, where's the fruit?what was that

Juliofish
September 21, 2011 01:56AM
Hi Kent,

I agree - these slugs will keep to the straight and narrow. They really plough forward.

I think it's the ultra fast light weight stuff that blows up and easily changes course.

Yes - in high speed, sound is off. However; I used it for the video of the 5 guns. Of course, the gun was at the trailer. I'd even forgotten I had the camera til Cedric reminded me. I'll have to use it more and closer to the gun.

Gary
September 21, 2011 03:35AM
A request for fruit from Julio deserves my biggest and best.Blue Light Special Largest large bore Barnes, C.J. and the largest fruit.... This one has a zipper you just have to know how to "pull" it.more innocent

As a size reference, that's half a watermelon setting on a 5 gal bucket. Yes, that's the slug meandering along at about 600 fps. That doesn't matter when it's 7/8 inch diameter and weighs 1/7 of a pound. No caliber or grains needed...thank you.

It amazes me when this melon folds out flat before recoiling back, completely gutted. fuddBang! That makes the second and third shots less spectacular but you get to see the slug really well on these.

Kent
September 21, 2011 04:55AM
Niiiiice!bowing

Lon
September 21, 2011 11:59AM
That is the craziest thing I have seen posted on the forum. Now...where is the Nitro?
September 21, 2011 04:45PM
Kent,

Wow! I’m shocked. You really know how to establish your point. Excellent video, all I can say now is, let’s have some watermelon frappe…

Thanks,

Julio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2011 04:46PM by Julio.
September 21, 2011 10:59PM
Kent,

I'm concerned that your backstop might be inadequate. laughing
September 22, 2011 06:08AM
WOW...really enjoyed all the special effects in the first one and Emily's shooting ability in the last. It was pretty cool to see her cock the gun with one hand...NICE! I agree too that it was cool to see the bullet track STRAIGHT through to the bear after going through all the other bottles and cans. All good videos
September 22, 2011 03:19PM
Hey ... We learned from the bestthumbs up
September 22, 2011 07:51PM
Sweet!

and sticky winking smiley
September 23, 2011 04:19AM
Thanks guys for all the comments.Pipe smoker I've got what I believe are smaller. cross bred, volunteer, melons that are about the size of an egg. These are not edible but should make for some fun shooting. It's been raining for the last three days so it will be a day or two before the mayhem.

Jerry, I thought the cardboard was a nice background for the red melon.artist Seriously, I've found it makes the lower quality high speed video show the details better.

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021