Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Another Barnes reporting in .... Heritage Class 32 Pistol

Another Barnes reporting in .... Heritage Class 32 Pistol
September 25, 2011 07:34PM
I opened the mail this am, and got a wonderful letter from Charles Blow. I made him a 32 Heritage Class pistol, on the ledger ... quite a few years ago.

Here's the letter, with his permission; and then there's a link with pics to show the gun (from it's origonal web page).

Copy:

Hello Gary,

Just thought I'd drop by and say a quick hello. I was at the gun club today and I took the Heritage .32 cal pistol along. I set up NRA .22 rimfire steel silhouette pigs and turkeys at 25 yards and proceeded to blast away. I'm still using the single 0 buck you recommened for ammo. My best round was 9 hits out of 10 shots. I owned the few misses myself... lol

The Heritage is still going strong and is one of my favorites! I love the low 2400psi charge and 5 level shots that I get for a mere 30 - 40 easy pumps with the Axsor. I'm still using it with the ghost ring front sight you made me and Beeman aperture sight at the rear and I've adapted the large air caliber air pistol hold with resting the forearm of the pistol over my extended and bent elbow of my non-shooting arm with my left hand cupped over my right shooting forearm that I first saw on your web page some years ago. This hold really works great! Have you guys come up with a name for this hold yet? lol

Hope you're feeling better and have some time to shoot!

Feel free to use this on your website if you wish! You did all the work afterall.

Charlie Blow

[www.glbarnes.com]

Always great to hear of folks enjoying the work I did for them.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write, Charlie.

Gary
September 26, 2011 04:22PM
This is hands down one of my favorites Gary. A beautiful pistol! Nice to hear that it's still doin' work.
September 26, 2011 05:17PM
Elegant pistol for sure.thumbs up

Lon
September 26, 2011 10:23PM
Thatl's a lot of ft/lbs for such a low fill PSI, and a very lightweight piece as well.
September 26, 2011 11:38PM
I want one! along with several others...... I need a new job!
steve
September 27, 2011 02:24PM
Very nice to see that pistol again, I agree, a very elegant design.
September 27, 2011 04:34PM
Man, I hear ya. Me too. Benny package sucks here ...
footinmouth

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021