Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Excellent Field Session with HAWG 62/25

Excellent Field Session with HAWG 62/25
October 12, 2011 01:39AM
Here's just a teaser. I'm editing a ton of videos clips and pics. I had a perfect session today with the HAWG 62/25. There will be a bunch of stuff coming. I'm working on it now.

Gary
Nikon _ Florida _Hawg 017.JPG
Nikon _ Florida _Hawg 021.JPG
Nikon _ Florida _Hawg 032.JPG
Re: Excellent Field Session with HAWG 62/25
October 12, 2011 01:57AM
I'm uploading a movie of the HAWG that shows firing the gun with the insert, removal, and firing in the 62 format. Will take a minute.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I was definitely better looking in college. My ... how the years have flown .... whistling As the country song goes ... "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good (once) as I ever was". laughing

Working ...
October 12, 2011 02:11AM
Well that group was good... laughing
October 12, 2011 03:17AM
Yeah ... while the movie is cooking ... here's the story of today. It all ends very well. The build up is relevant ... it's the way this stuff comes to be.

5:30am ... wake as usual to take morning meds. Have a nasty headache. Lay back down. Think about how I've planned to get to the range this morning. Last night late, I worked on the HAWG to find some issues I suspected were lingering in the 62 portion of the gun. I found them, came up with a solution. It required assembly again this morning.

Awaken again, headache is worse. Time to get up. I drag thru the routine. Coffee and wait for the 8am meds to kick in, if they are going to. They don't. I start work. I assemble the gun - taking care not to miss anything, and hoping that ... when my head drops onto the bench ... it won't knock anything off to be lost. I realize I'm going to need slugs, and the cupboard just has odds and ends of the proper slugs, from several years ago. I search again for a mold I think might be in house. Can't find it. Nuts. I made a sizing die yesterday because I evidently sold the ones I thought I had. Jerry has a set, but I thought there were others. Well, nothing for it, I have to finish a half completed mold I do have. It requires a couple of hours of machine work, and then I cast that mold. I now have slugs. As the day progresses into afternoon ... the headache subsides. Perhaps the accumulation of the 11 am and 2 pm meds finally gang up on it.

Here's where it's relevant. I didn't plan on having a horrible headache this morning. The darned things will come quite a bit, for a month or more ... and then disappear for a month or more. I certainly don't work as effeciently when they are here. The other chronic pain issues also play their hide and seek games. I get the epidural injections every four months. That's the max. allowed. Their effects last about 2 1/2 months. 2 1/2 is not 4. The math doesn't work. After 2 1/2 months, it's a crap shoot as to when the pain is going to jack up to severe levels. It's not always the same. Tomorrow, it's going to rain and rain for a couple of days. I will ache much more tomorrow. Etc., etc. Net Result: I can get done what I have gotten done. No more. I sincerely believe most people would have tossed in the towel long, long ago. However; I have these skills. I've developed them over decades. And, by God; I'm going to use them as long as I can. Bears repeating because it's clear that most people just have no concept of what severe chronic pain is all about. They "Plan", and then they "do". I can't do that anymore. It's been taken away. Stolen. So, I get done what I've gotten done. I just lay it in here once in a while, because this is my presense on the net, and it's all here, every day, for customers to see. The work shown, doesn't LOOK like I hurt. When I started the business, I wasn't in this physical limbo. I wasn't in some well documented plane crash or anything. It all just gradually appeared ... like a fog ... that won't lift. And it changed everything.

Back to the range day. I finally got everything loaded and left about 3:30. Headache had turned into a dull ache, like you'd walked into something. I got gasoline in the truck, and drove over to the range. Ahhhh ... nobody around. And ... no residual stench from the farm work last evening. Good. I go through the extensive routine of setting up camp.

Nikon _ Florida _Hawg 009.JPG

I set up the HAWG on the bench of the War Wagon. Ahhhhhh .... I can finally proof the 62 section of the rifle. And as the session went on ... it got better and better. More to follow.

Gary
Nikon _ Florida _Hawg 018.JPG
October 12, 2011 04:01AM
Good God that is one beautiful gun. My jaw was apparently hanging down so far while looking through this post that my wife asked me if the site I was on was full nude, or just scantily clad.
I'm sure sorry about the chronic pain issues. As I've said before, I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. People who have not experienced it just don't usually get it. The general thought seems to be that all it should take is the right pill, or more will power, or a little more rest, and it will all go away. That's just not the case. Pain is a funny thing as it's subjective and mostly internal. By that I mean there is no diagnosis of "stage four chronic pain", and there are often few symptoms visible to an outside observer. Sure there are the 1-10 scales etc, but again all that can show is a subjective measurement. You're not going to ever go into your Doc, get your blood drawn, and be told "you're cured of your pain!". Yet most people (especially Americans)seem to look at it that way. I can't tell you how many times I've had some one suggest, or flat out say, that I need to just "push through the pain" and get something done. It just flat doesn't work that way.
Anyhow, I've rambled enough. What I really meant to say was congratulations on another amazing piece. Can't wait to see the rest of the post....
October 12, 2011 04:15AM
Thanks Eric,

I just have to mention it again, from time to time. Not that I need another fruit basket ... whistling .... just so I can know that the same folks who found me on the web, can follow my progress on the web too ... if they care to. It's all I can do.

I'm glad you are enjoying the rifle. Hello to the Mrs. take a bow

I have two big movies cooking. One posted now.

Gary
October 12, 2011 05:33AM
She is VERY nice looking. I saw the video and loved it.

I still say that i wish more gun makers did half of what you do. It's really amazing to me that you can build one day, then take it out shooting the next and get it all on video and pictures then report it all to us all the while maintaining a forum and also be a husband and a father.

I still say you should adopt melaughing
October 13, 2011 12:40PM
I know Cedric ... Why can't everybody be more like .... ME ... whistling

Alright!!! Hold it down ... let's show a little .... respect.

laughing

You know Cedric ... I've always wanted to adopt you ... ah ..... Son. stunned rolling happy smiley

Thanks Faz. thumbs up

Gary
October 14, 2011 04:43AM
Had a guy ask me about this gun and i referred him over to the forum. Trying to show people there is more out there than the normal forums. This place is a whole world of its own.

cool smiley
October 15, 2011 02:05AM
Hmmmmm, you are going to adopt Tofaz, Gary?

Ummmm, I'm probably a little old to be an adopted son, but could I maybe be your brother??Green bowing

Cheers

Neil
October 15, 2011 02:47AM
Certainly Neil,

I've always wanted a brother. Hey ... can I borrow $20 Bro?

stunned

heheh.

I was "supposededly" an only Son. However; I think I have a twin somewhere. Probably living on a beach somewhere as a bum, while I'm the responsible one ...

hahah

Gary
October 18, 2011 06:09AM
Heeey, wait a minute, I meant older brother! That means I look up to you and depend on you for advice and support. So, Bro, can I borrrow 50 bucks and the keys to the rag-top? Just make sure you have charged the battery...whistling
Hehehe
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021