Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HAWG - Accuracy Testing .... MOVIE

HAWG - Accuracy Testing .... MOVIE
October 12, 2011 04:25AM
Here's an edited improved version that moves along better.

Hope you have enjoyed the show!

Green bowing

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 11:34PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: HAWG - Accuracy Testing .... MOVIE
October 12, 2011 04:36AM
There's always some dead air that gets into the movies. I could edit it again ... but that's enough for tonight. It's 12:30 here.

Hey ... BTW ... the paintball was shot at 50 yards with the 25 insert.

The very first 25 Daisy cutters went into that loose cloverleaf at 50 yards. That was three shots. The fourth shot sent the paintball launching skyward as I hit the base cup of the golf tee. The fifth Daisycutter nailed the paintball center mass. That's five pretty good "starter shots" from the gun, I'd say. That is a brand new gun, from the bench assembly to the range in about an hour.

Also ... on the last clay shot, I'd tucked a couple of paintballs behind the clay. That was the blue oooohhhsssszzzzz. haahh.

bad dude

Gary
October 12, 2011 05:29AM
Well done GB! Vid was very good and really no "DEAD SPACE" anywhere that needs removing. Its just fine.

Again, the accuracy your guns produce are amongst the best. And when i say the BEST, i mean the groups your guns make are closer to good small bores than any big bore. In other words, your big bores shoot just as fine as many high dollar small bores.

WOW!
October 12, 2011 03:23PM
Thanks Cedric,

I'm always pleased that I can get smooth bores to shoot accurately. The term smoothbore is just associated with "barn door" accuracy. It's the smooth bore that allows the insert technology. It's that tech. that makes such a versitile pc. But - it would be no good without good accuracy from the smoothie portion.

Of course, you can figure that the smooth barrel could also shoot shot, or other projectile.

Gary
October 12, 2011 11:59AM
Hi Gary,

Thanks for showing it on video. This rifle is a winner, congrats.

Julio
October 12, 2011 06:49PM
Excellent movie! Now I better get back to work.... More sad
October 12, 2011 06:54PM
Bet those Helo Gunships can't hit a paintball at 50 yards! Ha!! target plane
October 13, 2011 02:38AM
No, but a basketball at 500 yards might be game...
October 12, 2011 07:12PM
I could be mistaken ,but if remember correctly , .62 caliber is exactly what a 20 gauge comes out too... 20 gauge shot cup, half ounce of shot or so, and an over wad? smiling smiley The grackles out back are flying for cover just thinking about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2011 07:12PM by egra099.
October 12, 2011 08:29PM
Hi Eric,

Sure thing.. You can easily shoot an ounce or bird shot. I'll have to try it. That's 437 grains IIRC and the slug is 425 grains.

For bird shot, ya could even thread on a barrel extension to reach out farther. Course ... you'd have to HAVE one to do that ... ;?)

Gary
October 13, 2011 03:33AM
Better get on it. While you're at it why not a .50 so you can use cheap, easily available round balls, a .32 or so for mid-size game, and a rifled insert as big as you can go because obviously that smooth bore stuff is just for shot and plinking. We need accuracy!
Of course you're going to need to work up moulds etc for all of those also. You did say you loved doing cased sets, right??more innocent
October 13, 2011 03:50AM
You've been reading for too long Eric. crazy You hit all the buttons ... hahahah. take a bow
October 14, 2011 05:12PM
Are we seeing, from the view numbers, that interest in the "Gadgetry" is 6 to 1 more interesting than Accuracy?

Gary
October 17, 2011 04:00PM
Or could be they want to see the man himself?
October 17, 2011 06:03PM
Yeah. That MUST be it! nowthatIthink
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021