Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shot my best group *ever* today

Shot my best group *ever* today
October 19, 2011 01:58AM
Just posting a quick pic now . . . I need to offload / edit pics and make a write-up (tomorrow). Excellent afternoon of shooting with Gary in New Windsor . . . weather was perfect.

Jim_Tundra_45_group.jpg

This was three ~281 grain Barnes Bishops @ 75 yards. I thought I missed shots 2 and 3 -- thought, "gee, that hole might be a little bigger than it was after shot 1," and walked up and found this. Need to get a caliper and measure it, but it's pretty cozy.

That Tundra Mag 45 is a shooter. shooter with bench rifle

-- Jim
Re: Shot my best group *ever* today
October 19, 2011 02:14AM
I'm glad Jim is pleased with this special Tundra 45 Magnum. I think it's fitting that it remains with a "Jim". James (Jim) Hahn waited for the gun to be made for him, and enjoyed it very, very much. It was all our loss when he passed early. Thru his brother (who is one of our readers here) arrangements were made to pass the gun to another shooter who would appreciate it. I received the rifle, went all through it, brought it up to "as new standards" and proofed it as such. There was no need to go to the general readership. Our admin Jim here, had mentioned this particular Tundra 45 Mag. to me dozens of times. This very gun got him interested in my work. It was a match that was meant to be.

Jim certainly did it proud today. The gun has always been an exceptional shooter, and it proved that once again today. I think Jim will work up to some decent groups if he sticks with it! wow Whatdoyathink?

thumbs up

Gary
October 19, 2011 02:24AM
a_JimTundra.jpg

smileys with beer

Gary
October 19, 2011 02:29AM
Awesome . . . love those big ole billet aircraft aluminum parts. I'll post more pix tomorrow. Thanks Gary . . . had a blast today. skull

-- Jim
October 19, 2011 02:42AM
Awesome group Jim! You've got a real treasure there. MORE pictures! smiling bouncing smiley
October 19, 2011 02:45AM
Man ... I hope you appreciate this pic. I wondered where it was. Then realized I'd accidently had my iPhone set on Movie instead of still pic for this. So - I had a movie of this picture. Which met I had to extract a still image from the movie. Booted a movie program which would recognize the format of the iPhone (Quicktime) which Windows Movie maker will not. Had to use Adobe Premier Elements. Load the movie. Then figure what command would extract a single image. Then export that image to a known file. THEN ... load Photoshop to edit and downsize it AND change it's format from a Bitmap to a jpeg. Then load THAT into the Rendezvous program. Took at least a minute! grinning smiley And, here it is.

One of Jim's sloppy groups today. A nice shot and two fliers!

a_3@75Jim.jpg

USA!  USA!

Gary
October 19, 2011 03:50AM
Great shooting Jim! That one needs a frame for the wall. Any closer and you'd have a lot of doubters about shots 2 and 3.more innocent And with a hard kick's 45 Mag to boot.shooter with bench rifle

Glad you met back up with your old sweetheart.

Kent
October 19, 2011 04:43AM
Amazing shooting (shooter and gun). Doesn't get much better than that...
October 19, 2011 06:54AM
WOW! What else can i say about that group but ........WOW!

Amazing shooting and craftsmanship are 2 other words i could say.
October 19, 2011 05:55PM
Congratulations Jim on that perfect group! In my opinion that’s the best way to start your path with the Tundra Magnum. By the way, you don’t need a caliper to measure that single hole. Simply use the slug diameter measure and do some math.

I would like to remark that none of this would have been possible if you didn’t have a perfect rifle/barrel/slug combination. Gary, you are the man. This rifle was built from raw materials as well as the mold for the slugs. This is part of what we get when we buy a Barnes’ air gun. The other part is the service and support behind the product.bowing

Have any of you ever wondered what the possibilities to achieve perfection are?

Julio
October 19, 2011 07:34PM
Thank you Julio,

Of course, if you hadn't said all of that ... I'd have had to pout about it. It does get embarrassing to see a grown man whine and fret over being underappreciated. I'm glad you saved us all from that! grinning smiley

Gary
October 20, 2011 10:13PM
super shooting !

Always liked the Tundra's look....and the way it shoots of course

real "fancy scope" - I'm surprised Gary let you shoot with it - haha
October 20, 2011 10:30PM
Hi Joebill,

Yeah. He even made me put the scope on the gun! What if somebody saw me ... laughing
October 21, 2011 02:45AM
what if it's on Video??????
October 23, 2011 12:05PM
thats great , a testamony to shooter and gun ,,,, i couldnt poke holes that nice if the plate was on my knee and i had a pencil in my hand.
well done indeed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021