Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Out standing in my field ...

Out standing in my field ...
November 20, 2011 08:39PM
No, really. I'm at the range. Sighting in for going hunting. ;?)

Standing here with my movable flag style stake target. Plywood sticking off to one side of the stake so I don't shoot it off.

Setting up my scope off my truck tailgate. Bi-pod on rifle. Just shot one to mark my elevation knob. Good placement. Shot another and doubled it!!! That rattled me once o convinced myself that must be a double. I'm limiting myself to 10x and settingnit y
Up that way. I took one more shot and it was a bit high. Hey. You double at 104 with a 485 grain and you are gonna miss the next one. Haha

Here's the pic from my phone. Run thru my Edit App and downsized it so it uploaded to Phatobucket in a snap. Then got the HTML link and here it is! Am I a geek ... Or phwhat? ;?)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
November 20, 2011 09:37PM
Those all look sub m.o.d (minute of deer, of course) To me... I'd say your just about ready....
November 20, 2011 10:36PM
During this practice, I set it up from 40 to 100 yards. Feel pretty good about it. Now I'll determine how to set it so I have a point blank aim that covers about 35 to 65 yards.

I stayed til last light and the Nikko Sterling scope was still clear. I also set up so I'm using one mil dot under as my default instead of the crosshairs. Gives a greater field of view especially on lower light.

thumbs up

Gary

Iphone
November 20, 2011 10:18PM
Lookin g good!
November 20, 2011 10:55PM
Yep, looking very good.
November 21, 2011 02:16AM
Good shooting Gary.

Now do I understand that you have sighted in with the one under mil dot? Or, are you just going to use that mildot in dark conditions?

Lastly, I didn't see where you had practiced the various shooting positions. You'll need that prone position after that long crawling stalk. Just a thought.whistling

Kent
November 21, 2011 04:10AM
Hello Kent.
Yes. On a whim I decided to make mine a sort of dot sight. I'll see if that holds, but it felt comfortable. Sort of let's that horizontal float as ... A horizon. Just seemed to clear the clutter. Started with sticking the target at random distances. Laser it. Take a guess on the elevation turret. Worked out a time or two to be the dot under, and I realized I liked the look. Well see. I'm not claiming to be onto anything original.

Yeah, on the belly crawl ... I'm gonna leave that to you youngsters. winking smiley

I have a long bipod that works from a seated position. all I have to do is find it. I shot tonight from a bipod off the tailgate.

Gary
November 21, 2011 08:38PM
BTW ... I got a mail asking why I didn't set up for the lighter slug. This IS the lighter slug. 485 grains. It's sort of like my "Crossman Premier Light". thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021