Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hope you Have a fine Thanksgiving

Hope you Have a fine Thanksgiving
November 21, 2011 08:52PM
We appreciate you sharing in our forum here. We hope you find some comfort in doing so.

I won't disclose any secrets ... but I learn that quite a few readers are dealing with things that are quite difficult. Even when times are good, traumatic things come along. When times are as bad as they are now ... it makes them even more difficult. The number of topics that qualify would amaze you. We're all here together.

I know that quite a few readers take a break here. Find a smile and a way to read thru a good cup of coffee.

Please participate. I know it would seem that most people think they are answering, or talking to me. Happens that much is written that way, but the forum is read by quite a few people. If you feel that I started a thread (so I don't need any responce) think that there's somebody that might get a lift from our discussion. I post far more than the minimum requirement, but it takes responce to expand it into a thread.

I hope you will be able to enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday. Just Kelly and I this time. That will be enough. God Bless our scattered family. We hope yours are safe and happy too.

Happy Thanksgiving. God Bless you all,

Gary and Kelly
November 21, 2011 11:37PM
thanks Gary. To you and yours as well... your right... at least for me the forum's been a nice "getaway"
Happy Thanksgiving
Steve
November 22, 2011 01:45AM
Same to you and yours GB.
November 22, 2011 03:22AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family Gary.
November 23, 2011 01:11PM
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Gary, and too everyone else on the forum. Rendezvous is by far the most civilized forum I've spent any time on. Everyone doesn't always agree, but I've seen very little to zero disrespect. Seeing that basic respect go's a long way, it's sadly absent from so much of life now. Plus I can always count on The Forum for a smile.
November 23, 2011 01:27PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm sure some of you are planning on doing some activities over the long weekend. It would be nice to see what you accomplish or plan to accomplish with the time off.

For me, we will be trying the new infrared turkey cooker instead of the fryer this year. What with peanut oil being about $40 dollars for 3 gals it just makes sense. I'll let you see how it comes out. I'll also be sewing up a skin on frame kayak. So far the project has been fun, the sewing part will be totally new. Lets see what happens.

Kayak Frame.jpg

Here's the frame so far.

Kent
November 27, 2011 02:56AM
Thanks to Gary and all you guys who keep this going.
All the varied opinions, ideas and banter keeps me comming back to ck on whats happening.

Joe

P.S. Kent any other photo's or spots to see more of that kayak ?
November 27, 2011 06:05AM
How did I miss this???!!
Wow ,that's a nice project. You must be part Inuit.
Looks like fine work. You using seal skins of course? Free range ... Biodegradable ... Renewable.
What are you seeing with? Real Inuit use bone awls and needles. (;€>
Great job. Sorry I missed it earlier.
Gary

Iphone
November 23, 2011 02:32PM
Gary,

Thanks. Same to you and your family as well as everyone on the forum.

Lon
November 23, 2011 05:09PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
November 23, 2011 05:25PM
We all have much to be thankful for, living as we do in this era of relative peace and prosperity. We take for granted daily marvels and luxury that would have astounded kings and queens from ages gone by. Although travelling during the holiday peak can strain the patience of anyone, it's still an amazing thing that we can step onto a plane and mere hours later be visiting family thousands of miles away. We can pick up a telephone and speak to virtually anyone, almost anywhere in the world, without giving it a second thought. We can go to a doctor and get a script for medicines that would have been considered astounding just a generation ago, and purely magical a hundred years back. No, the world is not perfect nor are it's inhabitants significantly better people than those from long ago, especially when it comes to getting along with each other. With the constant drumbeat of mayhem and tragedy that we see every day on the news it can be hard to find the positive buried in the flood of negative.

That said however, we do live in an age of marvels and it's all too easy to take that for granted.

I wish all of you and your families a happy Thanksgiving, and safe travels.

Sean
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021