Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Quick Pics

Quick Pics
December 10, 2011 10:26PM
Range this afternoon to try the Nitro with the Nikko Sterling NightEater scope that Gary suggested. Shooting the K-8 slug, tethered at 3100 psi. Rifle on a sandbag. Temperature 45 degrees, 5-10 knot breeze blowing straight at us down the range.
The top pic is what the target looks like over the rifle viewing at 100 yards. It is at the bottom of the red line. That was the range we were shooting.
The next pic shows a close up of the 6" disc at about 5 yards hanging sideways, the way we were shooting it.
The bottom pic shows where the slugs were hitting the lower edge of the painted disc and making it dance all over the place.
This is so much fun!
IMG_0537.jpg
IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
December 10, 2011 10:48PM
Nice shooting!
December 11, 2011 05:02AM
Looks like a sweet shooting range too.
December 11, 2011 05:00PM
It is a great range. Very ecumenical. Everybody but everybody is interested in the Nitro, though. This is the new scope.
IMG_0535.JPG
December 13, 2011 06:56PM
Good job Hugh. I hope you like the scope. I see you got the rings you needed.

Yes, you don't get much privacy when you show up with one of these. Haha. I'm glad you have enjoyed showing and sharing it.

Looks like you have mastered the beast. Thanks very much for posting.

I'm sitting at a Cracker Barrel restaurant on the way home.

Gary

Iphone
December 11, 2011 05:36PM
Hugh,

I always feel sorry for you guys at your serene ranges, compared to us down here in Miami. To think of what you're missing.wink
IMG_0716.JPG

Lon
December 11, 2011 06:37PM
Yikes, Lon...what a zoo.

Hereabouts when we go to the range, we're almost always the only ones shooting. Of course, you'd need a bulldozer to clear the road now, since our 11 feet of snow from November have been rained town to about 18 inches of dirty, rock-hard ice.

The worst shooting range I've ever been to was the city-run "shooting complex" on the west side of Albuquerque, out near Rio Rancho. It was run by the most ignorant bunch of moron/beaurocrats that you can imagine. Since it was an entry-level city job, they always had someone new there, usually a kid with relatives in city govt., who was there just long enough to get the time in to apply for a "better" job. As a result, the average experience level was just below the "always hold your Glock sideways" school of acting that you see in the ghetto gangster movies. Their knowledge of the safe gun handling rules was virtually non-existant, and they all thought they were the next Napolean when it came to giving the range commands. I think I went there twice, and the second time it was just to verify that the first time was so bad.

Outfits like that keep private ranges in business.
December 13, 2011 03:00PM
"The worst shooting range I've ever been to was the city-run "shooting complex" on the west side of Albuquerque, out near Rio Rancho. It was run by the most ignorant bunch of moron/beaurocrats that you can imagine."

This is actually run well. Still, no denying the crowd can be uncomfortable.

Lon
December 14, 2011 08:17AM
That's good to hear. I'd rather shoot at a crowded range with a good, attentive rangemaster than at an empty gravel pit with a handful of yahoos that don't pay attention to safety. It's hard enough to find a good place to shoot these days, we don't need to see any more ranges closed.
January 26, 2012 05:36PM
it is very good . I have Nikko Dimond and nigtheather version. they are best...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021