Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Worked on this stuff ....

Worked on this stuff ....
June 26, 2015 04:39AM
image.jpg

I cast Ed's mold. Sweet. It was forming nice true bottoms and dropping them very cleanly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I cast Kurt's mold. It makes three different 50 calibers. It cast great. All three cavities. I made some from each gun for testing and to send a pack with the rifles.

image.jpg

Look what I ran across! Haha. The other bolster from 20 years ago!! Don't worry, I could over carve them to make them match better and correct the color. These were early test cuts for a family of work I did around 1995-97.

image.jpg

I'm working on something nice - here and there ...

Note the tree stamps are more crisp and to better scale.

This will be special. This is the MASTER for this Expedition Case - made in Maryland about 5-7 years ago. I always loved something about this first layout. But there was a small stress crack in the flange which ruined it for a case .... that is ... UNTIL .... I made tooling to make this bezel flange which will have many options. But; it allowed me to completely cut off the cracked flange - and leave a 100% pure Master - which I silver soldered to the inside of the bezel - flawlessly I might humbly add.

This is just a peek.

Some of the work. Also - have started Jamie's 50 cal final push (it's all made and blued) needs stock and interior parts. I
Also have been digging thru stored and wrapped blued parts. Made some interesting connections.

Long hours. Lots of things cooking.

Gary
image.jpg
Re: Worked on this stuff ....
June 26, 2015 01:04PM
Hi Gary,

You sure come across some interesting things from your past. Nice that you have some relics to remember the things you have completed and learned. In my teens I started a crankshaft for a model airplane engine. A teacher had it at school and lent it to me. I measured and hand drew all the parts. I lathed the crank and that was as far a I got. Nice to have something in your hand to see what you tried years ago smiling smiley

I am sure the molds will work great, after all, made by a master smiling smiley

Have a great weekend,

Pedro
Re: Worked on this stuff ....
June 26, 2015 02:14PM
I have a C clamp and a Parallel Clamp ... Both with lathe threaded screws. I made them in HS in 68 ... just a few years after the Civil War .... We Need You!

Been able to keep a few things thru all the moves and such.

Hey - turning a Crank is the hard part. Now you just need to make the parts that go "around" it. winking smiley

Thanks Pedro,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021