Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Christmas week ....

Christmas week ....
December 22, 2011 08:36PM
I've stayed away from the Mall, but then ... those who will get a token from all craftsmen this Christmas, will not be thinking of store bought. So, I've finished up a few things for loved ones. I've also reinvented the "re-gift" concept. I've refinished a couple of things I made 35 years ago or more. More of a story for after Christmas ...

I've been working on Sean's stainless Woodsman hybrid. It's just not quite to picture stage yet.

As with so many things in my life ... things progress without yet arriving at that "pop the cork" final step. I've worked on a bunch of guns, for years, and a few are just there at the assembly and stock stage. Some polishing, and the unknown unknowns. Of course, in print, that doesn't seem much different from when I was machining hot chips of smoking steel on those same projects, years ago. And I feel that lack of obvious progress, too.

The Estate grinds on. The gift that keeps on giving. It's used a bunch of time lately. Grinch status.

My health? Shhhhhh. Been in that borrowed time season for awhile now. They injected a new level the last time, and that with a couple of subtle med dose alterations, has helped the last while. I've gotten back into the headache pattern though, and they can be long and nasty. Some new back aches in different places. We'll see. All in all ... workable, I'll take it.

Ah ... mail just chimed ... And the phone just rang ....
December 23, 2011 02:21AM
Estate work is the gift that keep on giving all right, giving the families money straight to the lawyers.angry with "no" sign
December 23, 2011 07:14PM
Another day on your Woodsman. Progress.

Need another day or two of work before pics would make sense to readers rather than all the folks with better equipment than I have. ;?)

Iphone
December 23, 2011 10:58PM
What?!? You're not posting online CAD files for the "valve thingey"? winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021