Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tuesday

Tuesday
September 23, 2015 03:25AM
Maintenance

Jamie's 50 cal. Barrel Clamp segment.

Successful use of Roof Vent Exhaust Hood

Excavation of additional Misquito Tusk from Tar Pits.

Coffee

Thanks!
Gary
Re: Tuesday
September 23, 2015 11:53AM
There ya go Gary, bullit style entries.

Woodward;
    • Had coffee/breakfast,
    • Did laundry,
    • Mowed grass,
    • Trimmed yard,
    • Had dinner,
    • Went to bed.

That kind of forum entry is going to speed up production at Barnes South by at least 223%. Way to maximize you time!
      Later,
      Jeff
September 23, 2015 02:54PM
Thank you Jeff,

Morning

Hit by Garbage Truck during night

Amnesia: do not recall incident

Coffee

Nice breeze, welcome cooler mornings

Gun work today

Really appreciate Jeff posting

Gary
September 23, 2015 09:40PM
Jeff
You really hafta make list better !
Cutting grass and trimming only deserves one line . Hehe
But concise and to the point . Waaaay more than I did .
1. Coffee
2. Make bank
3. Lazy boy
4. Food
5. Count sheep .
Rinse and repeat

Thanks
Kurt
September 23, 2015 11:54AM
BTW, congrats on the exhaust hood working!
September 23, 2015 06:27PM
Hahaha...
Best be careful, this could catch on alien.
BTW, stay away from those garbage trucks and quit sleepwalking!
Later,
Jeff
September 23, 2015 08:55PM
note to self: walk dogs somewhere else on trash day
September 23, 2015 09:44PM
Sean
I didn't know they had garbage trucks up north .
You must really be hitting it hard .
Hope you getting in some AIR time . Winter is on they way .

Thanks
Kurt
September 24, 2015 01:23AM
Yeah Kurt,

According to all the Alaska TV Shows, people in Alaska would be darned LUCKY to have garbage to eat. They have to take a boat 149 miles and climb an Alpine a Meadow to miss a shot at a sheep trying to get something to eat. Can't find a Moose anywhere EXCEPT on the highway. They are all down to their last freezer burned salmon filet. It's pitiful.

Guess they buy used Garbage Trucks from the lower 48, to drive around and brag ... like they have garbage in the back .... ya know?

Gary
September 24, 2015 10:10PM
Actually, I am down to my last freezer burned salmon fillet.surprised Good thing the silvers are running strong this year, gotta make time to go get some. I missed out on the kings this time around, went out a couple times with the neighbor on his boat but no luck there. sad smiley And yes, the whole "if he doesn't make this shot his family might starve this winter" thing is way overblown on most of these type shows.

There are places up here where people still live a largely subsistence lifestyle, where not getting meat for the winter can be a real problem for the family food budget. In fact, there are numerous villages where people really can't afford to live there unless they get most of their food and all of their meat by hunting and fishing, where there is no road access and where all cargo and freight comes in only seasonally by barge. There are hundreds of places where people live that are too small even to be considered proper villages, where everything from the outside has to be flown in, or hauled by snowmachine after the rivers freeze up. There are thousands of people living up here in places where milk costs $12 a gallon and there is no such thing as a fresh vegetable unless you have it mailed to you, or you grow it yourself. It's like nothing else in the U.S., the isolation and the distances don't really register properly unless you experience it yourself.

That said however, the reality of almost all the so-called "reality" shows is that they are shot in places that are NOT that remote, because it's insanely expensive and difficult to transport and support a film crew to the places where the real subsistence lifestyle still takes place. The one possible exception is the National Geographic show "life below zero" where they show a half-native family that lives in Noorvik along with several leftover hippies and malcontents who choose to live by themselves in the middle of nowhere. I record it and skip to the parts with the Hailstone family, the rest is just sideshow IMHO.
September 24, 2015 10:25AM
Hey Kurt and Rotorhead,
I like your suggestions.
I'll see if I can incorporate them!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021